The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 2 February 2024, 07:47 AM   #1
AHG
"TRF" Member

Watches & Wonders 2024

Anyone going to Watches and Wonders this year? I'm thinking about it. I've never been to Geneva. Suggestions on where to stay? Must do's? Best restaurants to try? Day trips? Is the Patek Museum open during that week?
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 08:51 AM   #2
Mediatrix
"TRF" Member

I am going again, but that´s admittedly easy from Germany. Day 1: Arriving Saturday morning from Frankfurt by plane, PP Salon + Rare handcraft exhibition, lunch in Crissier in the outskirts of Lausanne. Day 2: Visit of the fair itself, going back in the evening by plane. Last year I really liked the „Auberge de Savièse“ for dinner.
Mediatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 10:53 AM   #3
7sins
"TRF" Member

Went last year and was incredibly underwhelmed, was not worth the travel from LA. More justifiable if we lived closer. Last year, I paired the trip with a few days in Lisbon before heading to Geneva, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 04:41 PM   #4
Carlazzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I think I'll go. For me it is easy from my house...3 or 4 hours by car....
I always went to Baselworld and this year I want to go to Geneve. I've been there many times but not last year for W&W.
Carlazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 05:21 PM   #5
d33nastyle
"TRF" Member

Yes i will go Friday April 12
d33nastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 09:15 AM   #6
AHG
"TRF" Member

Yeah, it seems to make sense if you live close (i.e. Europe).
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2024, 05:26 PM   #7
nickorette
"TRF" Member

Will be going, had an amazing time last year. I highly recommend looking for accommodations asap, I booked like a month ago and it seemed like most nice places were already full. I recommend getting an invite from a maison to go during the week, much nicer experience then the public days, which often involves large crowds and long queues
IWC: Portuguese Min. Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber RG, Vintage Pilot's, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G JLC: Reverso Classic, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox 50th, MUTM Enamel AP: 15450 Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, SM 321, CK 859 Cartier: Santos Medium, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 07:34 PM   #8
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nicknames �
I won’t be, wish I was, but my predications amongst others I’ve made, white gold Daytona John Mayer, and a left field Rolex in celebration of Bucherer ..

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 08:55 PM   #9
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Don’t go. Don’t travel for it. It’s a total bore and crowded.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 04:47 AM   #10
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHG View Post
Anyone going to Watches and Wonders this year? I'm thinking about it. I've never been to Geneva. Suggestions on where to stay? Must do's? Best restaurants to try? Day trips? Is the Patek Museum open during that week?
It's 5 weeks away, better get a move on if you want to try those restaurants or get in to a decent hotel, let alone a good price on a flight
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 04:58 AM   #11
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Don’t go. Don’t travel for it. It’s a total bore and crowded.
Is it correct that regular folks, not VIPs and press, can only look though glass displays with no handling or trying anything on? If so, seems best to me to simply wait on the photos posted on the internet everywhere.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 02:35 AM   #12
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Is it correct that regular folks, not VIPs and press, can only look though glass displays with no handling or trying anything on? If so, seems best to me to simply wait on the photos posted on the internet everywhere.
Used to be that way in Basel, which was definitely not worth the travel. In Geneva the booths are typically more open, but I don’t know how they do it on public days.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 12:20 AM   #13
maecenas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Each booth is different, so it depends on the brand. But as for Patek and Rolex, yes, you’re just looking through windows. I asked yesterday if Patek was going to open up the “upper room” where they showcase the handicraft pieces and such on the public days and was told no.

Some brands have booth designs that are fully open, and you would be able get to get hands on. Actually, I would say most brands are actually eager for you to see the new pieces, just not the “top dogs”.

This will be my 3rd W&W hosted by a brand, so I get to have a great experience with them, and the “public experience” with the rest. I would say that if you’re in Europe for some reason and can get to Geneva, going to the show on a public day, visiting the Patek museum and salon, and wandering around central Geneva for a day is great. But don’t plan a whole trip around it.
maecenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 08:43 AM   #14
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Well those who do go, please share a trip report with us.

I fondly recall @Jocke here on TRF who regaled us with his own story about his experiences with the old Basel show.

If you don't know what a report looks like, here is one of his 10 years ago - before the craziness set upon horology.

http://roleks.se/bas2014.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote