The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 October 2009, 01:51 AM   #1
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Possessed car / excellent service from Jaguar

Last summer I bought myself one of these:

(not my images, but the car is identical - color, trim, etc)

An absolute DREAM to drive, stiff chassis, powerful Supercharged 420 hp motor (had a service guy tinker with it to bring it up to just under 500 ), handling superior to an M5 (which I also extensively test-drove, sorry Bimmer - owners )

But one thing you will not hear in a brand-new Bimmer that I heard in this one after about 6 months - an ANNOYING cricket-like squeak coming from the rear whenever I drove over rough road and the car was somewhat warm. Of course, i complained to the dealership.

Oh - before I forget, and this comes into play a bit later - I bought this car not from the closest Cincinnati Jaguar dealer, as they treated me like some young punk when I came to buy, but from the Dayton, OH dealer, who is about 40 minutes away from me. They gave me a better deal on the brand-new one than Cincinnati did on a demo, so it was a no-brainer.

So, I was told that I would have to replicate the problem in front of the service staff and it would be fixed. Sounds simple enough, right? WRONG. This car would stop the squeaking whenever I came there. I rode over crappy roads with the service manager for an hour and NOTHING. They did everything they could - and as soon as I would get close to home, I would hear the SQUEAK AGAIN!!!

Finally I told them - I don't know what to do... So, here's what they did : On his DAY OFF, the salesperson who sold me the car drove down to me in a loaner XF, rode around with me, I took him to spots where I knew it would squeak - and sure enough, he heard it! Said it sounded like a dental drill, he understood why I was so irritated, and drove back in my squeaker to Dayton to get it fixed. Said he suspected he knew where it was coming from, so hopefully it will be fixed by the time I pick it up on Tuesday...

I think their willingness to get it resolved and going that extra mile (actually 45 miles) speaks highly of them. It is definitely appreciated on my end!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 02:00 AM   #2
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Its always the way with a vehicle Greg.! As soon as you try to show the problem,magic,it's not there!!
The dealership is doing well by you to send a guy out and ride around with you!! Its customer service like that that'll make you want to return in the future....
Hope it gets all sorted out and no more rattles!!!
Nice car by the way!!
Rob.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Idle Swede
Suspended

Sweet car Greg and great service.

Hope you get it fixed.
Idle Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 02:18 AM   #4
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Hope it is fixed too - I am actually quite shocked that it happened to begin with. However, I do push my cars to their limits and drive them HARD. Maybe I am just too rough on it - who knows...

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 02:23 AM   #5
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Hope it is fixed too - I am actually quite shocked that it happened to begin with. However, I do push my cars to their limits and drive them HARD. Maybe I am just too rough on it - who knows...

Don't think so, they all have flaws.

You'd be surprised to see how many flaws $250,000 and up cars have.
Old 26 October 2009, 02:31 AM   #6
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
lovely car Greg... good service too - and always great when the car plays up on cue...finally!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 02:58 AM   #7
shandy
Banned

Well, I am British so I guess Biased but I have always loved Jaguars, they have so much charactor and the feel such a good place to be in.
I think all cars can end up with issues, heck a friend with a Lexus (which is the car I hold in highest esteem nowadays) had a problem.
This happens with something mechanical subjected to different conditions. For me the important thing is not that it happend but how it is dealt with.
If I was getting the customer service you are getting they would have a customer for life in me!
Oh course that statement is easy to make looking at the new XJ that is coming. A friend in the UK has just got one and is very impressed with it!
I love the one you have, such a beautiful car, it always reminds me of an Aston Martin.
I think both BMW and to a lesser extent MD could learn a thing or two about styling from Jaguar!
shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 04:40 AM   #8
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
It's really a great looking car. I'm curious to know the cause. Please update when you know.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 04:45 AM   #9
AWATCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Sounds like really good customer service. Just remember if they can't fix it you can always just turn up the radio
Hope they get it, I use to be a service director for a big dealer, i know how aggravating these problems can be...

Al
AWATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 04:45 AM   #10
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
I've seen that Jag in person and it's spectacular!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 04:51 AM   #11
SLRdude
"TRF" Member

I've owned a couple of Jags in the past as well, and I must admit that I have always been impressed with their service.

I remember a saturday early evening in 2006 when I was driving my XJR on the tollway and out of nowhere the screen said "Cylinder 7 misfire. Enter Limp Mode, take the car to the dealer immediately".
The computer cut the power to the engine and limited acceleration rate and top speed. All I could do was 30 mph. And I was on a freeway where the slow drivers do 85.

I called them up and even though it was late on a Saturday, they asked where I was and the dealer came by in about 45 minutes with a loaner Jag (it was an S-type V8) and a flatbed truck.

I went on my way in the loaner, and on Tuesday they drove the fixed car to my work and picked up the loaner.

That's good service right there. After sales service is a critical thing to me when buying anything, and I must admit that Jaguar has never done me wrong.

Glad to hear it all worked out for you Mosco!
Member # 87
SLRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 06:57 AM   #12
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Sic car. No way my dealer would do that for me but I'm dumb enough to give BMW more business.

Although lately I have been thinking Audi might not be a bad choice when I am ready.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 07:03 AM   #13
1000ftSub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Swede View Post
Don't think so, they all have flaws.

You'd be surprised to see how many flaws $250,000 and up cars have.
very true
1000ftSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 07:14 AM   #14
blackmsport
Banned

Jaguar now owned by Tata same company that produce this car

Hope they transfer their technology to Jaguar soon

http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/up...otors-nano.jpg

I am a Bimmer driver and remain that way

last time I owned a 2004 saa3 9-3 had a sqeaky noise they could not fit it after two days in work shop... I looked under the seat one plastic panel was un-clipped... I did it myself in 30 sec...

since then I stayed away from GM-Saab
blackmsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2009, 08:04 AM   #15
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000ftSub View Post
very true

Any particular brand you have in mind?