The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 October 2021, 01:33 PM   #61
Francist
Banned

Watch: 116500LN
I'd like to share some old info, there are funds out there who are investing in Rolex & other hard to get watches.
A simple google search of thewatchfund will give u all u need to know. It's just crazy. Rolex is now an industrialized commodity & I think in the long run it's gonna go even higher.

In a sense, it's a much better underlying than exotic art pieces. You don't need curators & the upkeep costs are much lower. The pool of liquidity is much better, you can probably unload 50 pieces of Daytona strolling through any CBDs in the world iso trying to sell a Monet.

The basic infrastructures are already in place, you can trade any unworn Rolex within 5-20% spread. The public has been brainwashed by hype. Most people are not satisfied with only 1 watch, even those with a suitcase of watches are left wanting more.

Until we see a huge market crash it will keep rising. And from here to that point, I have no idea how much further it can go.
Francist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 01:50 PM   #62
skp
"TRF" Member

I think people are just buying Rolexes to keep for themselves. All luxury goods have become harder to get due to increased demand. There are more people with more disposable income due to covid and lockdowns and travel restrictions. Nothing stays up for ever. Especially watches that last a long time. The games that AD’s are playing won’t last and they’ll change there tune when the time comes but it’ll always be business as usual for them.
skp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 02:22 PM   #63
ELLimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francist View Post
Most people are not satisfied with only 1 watch, even those with a suitcase of watches are left wanting more.

Until we see a huge market crash it will keep rising. And from here to that point, I have no idea how much further it can go.
LOL … that’s me.
ELLimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 06:10 PM   #64
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
most members here have vested interests. therefore, biased. therefore, you won't be hearing anyone say that prices will drop like a rock in the next 5 yrs.

ah yes, prices are gonna keep rising year after year.
until it doesn't. nobody knows the future.
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 06:31 PM   #65
dontbeshort
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN LV BLRO BLNR
Supply has already returned to normal in UK since BREXIT. AD cases are literally stuffed with Pandas, BLRO’s, BLNR’s , LV’s.
This barmy thread deserves a barmy answer. Moderators STOP these threads
dontbeshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 08:58 PM   #66
myanezt
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Daytona
If the FED raises the interest rate in 2022 to relief the inflation, the real state have a correction and economy cool down I think will impact any kind a business, including watches
myanezt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 11:56 PM   #67
majidessa
"TRF" Member

SS Daytona will be priced at $150K and Hulk for $100K, people will be kicking themselves for not buying them cheap in 2021

Or a complete crash
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 11:59 PM   #68
edisonstar23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidessa View Post
SS Daytona will be priced at $150K and Hulk for $100K, people will be kicking themselves for not buying them cheap in 2021

Or a complete crash

You can’t be serious right ? 100k for a hulk - I will be kicking myself for not spending 23k… I just can’t even justify 23k for it. But who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edisonstar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 12:02 AM   #69
myanezt
"TRF" Member

I think this graphic depicts the economy cycles very well... would be interesting check what was the values of the watches on those downfalls
Attached Images
File Type: png down.png (142.7 KB, 88 views)
Old 14 October 2021, 12:03 AM   #70
edisonstar23
"TRF" Member

thoughts on Rolex market prediction 5 year

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseShu View Post
most members here have vested interests. therefore, biased. therefore, you won't be hearing anyone say that prices will drop like a rock in the next 5 yrs.

ah yes, prices are gonna keep rising year after year.
until it doesn't. nobody knows the future.

Agreed 100%… most of the members here already have a quite impressive collection which it’s natural for them to think and hope for the market to go on like this. Their 50-60k few years ago, their same collection its now 150k+.

But for a beginner like myself- I could only think and hope for a crash so I can acquire few pieces. Nobody knows the future!!! I’ve learned that patience its key in this hobby and paying what’s right for you and you are the most confortable with.

Old 14 October 2021, 12:07 AM   #71
edisonstar23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myanezt View Post
I think this graphic depicts the economy cycles very well... would be interesting check what was the values of the watches on those downfalls

Talking to dealer - he said that post 2008 there was a significant price reduction and the market was slow to say the least. People were forced to sell their collections to keep up with their house payments. I could see that happening again and the patient people will be able to capitalize on these downturns by acquiring assets.

Historically speaking “everything it’s on sale” when the economy as whole its hurting.

Old 14 October 2021, 12:31 AM   #72
myanezt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonstar23 View Post
Talking to dealer - he said that post 2008 there was a significant price reduction and the market was slow to say the least. People were forced to sell their collections to keep up with their house payments. I could see that happening again and the patient people will be able to capitalize on these downturns by acquiring assets.

Historically speaking “everything it’s on sale” when the economy as whole its hurting.

Yep, all this hype in the economy will continue with a down... working that way for the last 2 centuries.

On the other side, I think Rolex will slowly increase the production, a multinational company cannot live only of organically prices increase and right now there is a incredible market share that they are losing towards competitors.
Old 14 October 2021, 11:44 PM   #73
daveswordfish
"TRF" Member

thoughts on Rolex market prediction 5 year

I loved my watches back in 2007 when I started collecting. I love them now. I’ll love them in 2 years, 5 years, etc. for me the market has been quite stable.

daveswordfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 11:47 PM   #74
edisonstar23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswordfish View Post
I loved my watches back in 2007 when I started collecting. I love them now. I’ll love them in 2 years, 5 years, etc. for me the market has been quite stable.

Stable? How so? Most will argue otherwise

Old 15 October 2021, 12:22 AM   #75
Tyler_Durden_8
"TRF" Member

Yes and no. I think the caveat here is that we have never seen so much money printing. Forty percent of the USD were printed in the last twelve months. This is unprecendented and unchartered territory.

2008/09 post subprime mortgage never seen money printing like we have had in the past 18 months.

And if MMT and CBDC come into play with UBI leading the charge, we will probably see debt ceiling go out the window as Yellen had eluded to and money priniting ad infinitum.
It will be to anyone's guess to see what will happen to asset prices then.

But most importantly, enjoy what you buy and buy what you enjoy.
Tyler_Durden_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 12:22 AM   #76
Tyler_Durden_8
"TRF" Member

Yes and no. I think the caveat here is that we have never seen so much money printing. Forty percent of the USD were printed in the last twelve months. This is unprecendented and unchartered territory.

2008/09 post subprime mortgage never seen money printing like we have had in the past 18 months.

And if MMT and CBDC come into play with UBI leading the charge, we will probably see debt ceiling go out the window as Yellen had eluded to and money priniting ad infinitum.
It will be to anyone's guess to see what will happen to asset prices then.

But most importantly, enjoy what you buy and buy what you enjoy.
Tyler_Durden_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 04:07 AM   #77
daveswordfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonstar23 View Post
Stable? How so? Most will argue otherwise

My point was simply that, for me, it’s about watches I love. Not appreciation nor investment. If the value goes up, or it goes down, the value to me remains.

daveswordfish is offline   Reply With Quote