The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 June 2021, 04:43 AM   #1
tvandevelde
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Titanium PO Deployant

So I had the titanium 9900 45.5mm chrono for years. I was flipping for quite a while. I found one cheaper than what I paid right around when the pandemic started. Made the mistake of selling mine off before buying the other from a trusted seller on here. Of course it sold before I could grab it. That watch was my beach, boating, casual beater. I swear it could handle ANYTHING and looked as good as new when I sold it after three years of aggressive wear! It's one of only a handful of seller's remorse cases I've ever had.

Been looking for a replacement ever since. Also dropped quite a bit of weight in the last 18 months or so. So I was considering the 43.5mm three hander too. Finally landed one from DavidSW last week. This titanium piece I've always preferred the grey strap over the bracelet. I'm the opposite with SS versions. Anyway I got a practically new 2020 43.5 on a bracelet. Off to find a strap. Didn't want the $20 Chinese ones on Etsy, eBay and the like. They don't look right in the pics. I'm sure the quality sucks too. Damn hard to find the grey 21mm rubber strap. It has only been sold with this one reference.

I was pleasantly surprised when I called Swatch N.J. $260 shipped for the strap directly from Omega. The 18mm titanium clasp....$380. Ouch!

I went with a $40 brushed 18mm SS clasp from eBay for now. Neither have come yet. I truly hate the idea of any piece being a knock-off. Has anyone has any experience with these cheaper aftermarket clasps? I'll follow up after I get it all and give my opinion. Just bored while waiting:)
Attached Images
File Type: png OmegaTitanium11.png (288.0 KB, 293 views)
tvandevelde is offline   Reply With Quote