The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 June 2021, 11:12 PM   #61
jets
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedlee View Post
Sure. Just Uncle Seiko flatlink end links paired with the Omega Speedy 50th bracelet. Just need to open up the end links ever so slightly since the Seamaster case is thicker.

That bracelet looks 1000 times better than the OEM bond bracelet! I’d buy one if it came like that from omega. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seiko SLA033 Willard · SKX007
jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 01:23 PM   #62
pedersenkl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, GMT, Sub
I am looking to add a blue dialed watch. Generally prefer a SS sports watch.

Been looking at Rolex YM40, DJ36 Blue, Tudor BB58 Blue or Omega SMP 300M Blue.

I'm starting to lean towards the SMP 300M blue. A colleague has one and raves about it. Price wise it is hard to beat. Likely a higher quality watch than the Tudor BB58 blue. And, I personally like the recent changes to bring back the wave dial, shift the date to the 6 o'clock position, and new movement.

My only hesitation is whether it's flexible enough for a variety of occasions?

Thought on flexibility and/or comparisons to any of the watches above?
pedersenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 01:44 PM   #63
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
The Seamaster 300M is so aesthetically pleasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post
I am looking to add a blue dialed watch. Generally prefer a SS sports watch.

Been looking at Rolex YM40, DJ36 Blue, Tudor BB58 Blue or Omega SMP 300M Blue.

I'm starting to lean towards the SMP 300M blue. A colleague has one and raves about it. Price wise it is hard to beat. Likely a higher quality watch than the Tudor BB58 blue. And, I personally like the recent changes to bring back the wave dial, shift the date to the 6 o'clock position, and new movement.

My only hesitation is whether it's flexible enough for a variety of occasions?

Thought on flexibility and/or comparisons to any of the watches above?

I want the blue dial version too.

Obviously it’s a great casual/sport watch. I also think it works great with a blue Oxford shirt, khakis, nice pair of dress shoes, and a blue sport coat. That’s what I wear at the office and out to dinner with my wife.

I think my Submariner and my Speedmaster on an alligator leather strap are better for a suit and tie.

I’m not saying you can’t wear it with a suit and tie, but I’d choose to wear my Submariner or Speedmaster instead of the Seamaster. If you put it on a rubber strap, then it’s even less compatible with a suit and tie. My 2 cents…

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 02:10 PM   #64
pedersenkl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, GMT, Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I want the blue dial version too.

Obviously it’s a great casual/sport watch. I also think it works great with a blue Oxford shirt, khakis, nice pair of dress shoes, and a blue sport coat. That’s what I wear at the office and out to dinner with my wife.

I think my Submariner and my Speedmaster on an alligator leather strap are better for a suit and tie.

I’m not saying you can’t wear it with a suit and tie, but I’d choose to wear my Submariner or Speedmaster instead of the Seamaster. If you put it on a rubber strap, then it’s even less compatible with a suit and tie. My 2 cents…

Thank you for the input! No Rolex Sub here, while I love the symmetry of the Sub ND. So did debate adding Sub ND, as I really like that it can dress up or down. But, I already have black dials covered. Really need blue dial for flexibility into the collection.

For SMP 300M Blue, I wouldn't likely wear it with a suit/tie. It would likely be my summer casual sports watch. As you indicated, ability to wear casually with jeans, or business casual with khakis, blue dress shirt, navy sports coat. Sounds like it could work for both those. I'd choose a different watch for anything more formal (ie. suit/tie).
pedersenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 05:33 PM   #65
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenkl View Post
Thank you for the input! No Rolex Sub here, while I love the symmetry of the Sub ND. So did debate adding Sub ND, as I really like that it can dress up or down. But, I already have black dials covered. Really need blue dial for flexibility into the collection.

For SMP 300M Blue, I wouldn't likely wear it with a suit/tie. It would likely be my summer casual sports watch. As you indicated, ability to wear casually with jeans, or business casual with khakis, blue dress shirt, navy sports coat. Sounds like it could work for both those. I'd choose a different watch for anything more formal (ie. suit/tie).

I think you got it covered. I love that watch and I want one too.

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 12:18 AM   #66
mleejr05
"TRF" Member

Very nice watch!
mleejr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 04:49 AM   #67
Rlwatches919
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk