The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6 November 2022, 09:44 PM   #15031
Ichiran
2023 Pledge Member
 
Ichiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: Michael
Location: Ramen queue
Watch: Mostly blue dials
Posts: 6,569
IMG_20221106_194357_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 01:05 AM   #15032
subtona
2023 Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 25,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Looking great!!!!!
__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 01:32 AM   #15033
Carlazzo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Real Name: Edo
Location: Italy
Watch: Rolex
Posts: 243
Congrats, really gorgeous.
For me, this blue is better than the 5711 one.... (is a different blue, right??!!)
Carlazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 01:32 AM   #15034
bobernet
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Real Name: Bob
Location: Mountains
Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Posts: 2,765

At the airport with my travel companion for a few days.

bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 01:56 AM   #15035
Ichiran
2023 Pledge Member
 
Ichiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: Michael
Location: Ramen queue
Watch: Mostly blue dials
Posts: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Looking great!!!!!
Thanks again my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlazzo View Post
Congrats, really gorgeous.
For me, this blue is better than the 5711 one.... (is a different blue, right??!!)
Thank you!
You are right - the blue on the 58 is different from the 57. I have posted some pics here in this link:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=193
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 03:36 AM   #15036
subtona
2023 Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 25,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Thanks again my friend!



Thank you!
You are right - the blue on the 58 is different from the 57. I have posted some pics here in this link:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=193
I expect it is nearly impossible to get them in the same place at the same time but any insight into the 5811G blue compared to the 5711P?

__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 09:53 AM   #15037
Vasco
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
I expect it is nearly impossible to get them in the same place at the same time but any insight into the 5811G blue compared to the 5711P?
Do you mean the "original" 5711P or the 40th one? The "original" had a dial color very similar (if not identical) to the 5711/1A. I believe (not seen in the metal yet) the 40th and the 5811 are very close. However, I understand the 5811 has a darker edge while the 40th looked having the same color tone on all the surface.
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 05:02 PM   #15038
Carlazzo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Real Name: Edo
Location: Italy
Watch: Rolex
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Thanks again my friend!



Thank you!
You are right - the blue on the 58 is different from the 57. I have posted some pics here in this link:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=193
Yes..... my favourite blue is 5811 one !!
Carlazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2022, 07:49 PM   #15039
Ichiran
2023 Pledge Member
 
Ichiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: Michael
Location: Ramen queue
Watch: Mostly blue dials
Posts: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
I expect it is nearly impossible to get them in the same place at the same time but any insight into the 5811G blue compared to the 5711P?
I have a friend who owns both the 5711/1P 40th anniversary and 5740 and he said the blue on both dials are almost similar.

I have previously took the comparison pics of 5740 and 5811 and the 5740 is noticeably lighter in shade than the 5811
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=93

Said friend should get this 5811 pretty soon. Let's wait for his pics.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2022, 05:10 AM   #15040
subtona
2023 Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 25,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I have a friend who owns both the 5711/1P 40th anniversary and 5740 and he said the blue on both dials are almost similar.

I have previously took the comparison pics of 5740 and 5811 and the 5740 is noticeably lighter in shade than the 5811
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=93

Said friend should get this 5811 pretty soon. Let's wait for his pics.
amazing to have any of these accessible to you, let alone all three thanks for thoughts.

I am guessing the 40th and original P dials are nearly the same?

in pics the gradient (from blue to dark blue/black) looks a bit more pronounced on the 5811 than others?
__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2022, 05:39 AM   #15041
JC180
"TRF" Member
 
JC180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Real Name: Jacob
Location: UK
Watch: BLNR, BLRO, LV, SD
Posts: 327
Totally and utterly blown away by this...

__________________
RG CHNR, SD4K, LV, BLRO, BLNR, SkyD
JC180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2022, 10:06 AM   #15042
Vasco
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
I am guessing the 40th and original P dials are nearly the same?
In fact no, as I mentioned above, the original 5711P is more like the "standard" 5711/1A blue.
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2022, 10:21 AM   #15043
Ichiran
2023 Pledge Member
 
Ichiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: Michael
Location: Ramen queue
Watch: Mostly blue dials
Posts: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
in pics the gradient (from blue to dark blue/black) looks a bit more pronounced on the 5811 than others?
That's right. The gradient is more pronounced on the 5811 as compared to the 5740 which appears more flat throughout the dial.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2022, 11:12 AM   #15044
wjgoretsky
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
wjgoretsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real Name: Winston
Location: Calgary-AB CANADA
Watch: DD-118238-(73208)
Posts: 4,641
Is there anyone out there enjoying this watch?



Itís been one of my favourites for a while.

Winston


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wjgoretsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 12:33 AM   #15045
uniqueMR
2023 Pledge Member
 
uniqueMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Watch: P A T E K
Posts: 4,627
5990
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9562.jpg (107.8 KB, 626 views)
__________________
A. Lange & Sohne | Audemars Piguet | F.P.Journe | Omega | Patek Philippe | Rolex | Tudor | ...and Othersss
uniqueMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 02:20 AM   #15046
subtona
2023 Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 25,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgoretsky View Post
Is there anyone out there enjoying this watch?



It’s been one of my favourites for a while.

Winston


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exquisite

Only able to enjoy the same case shape shared by my 5940 :)
__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 02:27 AM   #15047
Russell996
2023 Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Stunning.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 02:40 AM   #15048
Russell996
2023 Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
Do you mean the "original" 5711P or the 40th one? The "original" had a dial color very similar (if not identical) to the 5711/1A. I believe (not seen in the metal yet) the 40th and the 5811 are very close. However, I understand the 5811 has a darker edge while the 40th looked having the same color tone on all the surface.
I don't believe you are correct, my understanding is the 5711/1P-001 and 5711/1P-010 have the same colour dial which is also the same colour as the 5740/1G-001.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 03:13 AM   #15049
trackingtime
2023 Pledge Member
 
trackingtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Asia
Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Posts: 1,642
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 04:04 AM   #15050
dauster
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgoretsky View Post
Is there anyone out there enjoying this watch?



Itís been one of my favourites for a while.

Winston


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats amazing I have never seen it - what's the ref ?
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 09:53 AM   #15051
Vasco
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I don't believe you are correct, my understanding is the 5711/1P-001 and 5711/1P-010 have the same colour dial which is also the same colour as the 5740/1G-001.
Thanks for the headsup Russell, I saw the 5711P original a long time ago and don't remember it well enough. I would be surprised the blue looked as strong as the 5711P anniversary's but maybe I'm wrong (there's a link to SJX here https://watchesbysjx.com/2015/11/han...-platinum.html). You'll tell us when you get them :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
thats amazing I have never seen it - what's the ref ?
It's the 5275 from the 175th anniversary collection in 2014. You have a page on Patek's website with the "commemorative" pieces https://www.patek.com/en/company/new...ary-collection
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 10:32 AM   #15052
Ichiran
2023 Pledge Member
 
Ichiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: Michael
Location: Ramen queue
Watch: Mostly blue dials
Posts: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Stunning.
Thanks Russell
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 10:36 AM   #15053
subtona
2023 Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 25,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
In fact no, as I mentioned above, the original 5711P is more like the "standard" 5711/1A blue.
In photos I have seen that does not appear to be the case?

The 5711P looked to be the first time the blue was brighter and next seen in the 5980 TT
__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 05:19 PM   #15054
wjgoretsky
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
wjgoretsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real Name: Winston
Location: Calgary-AB CANADA
Watch: DD-118238-(73208)
Posts: 4,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
Thanks for the headsup Russell, I saw the 5711P original a long time ago and don't remember it well enough. I would be surprised the blue looked as strong as the 5711P anniversary's but maybe I'm wrong (there's a link to SJX here https://watchesbysjx.com/2015/11/han...-platinum.html). You'll tell us when you get them :D

It's the 5275 from the 175th anniversary collection in 2014. You have a page on Patek's website with the "commemorative" pieces https://www.patek.com/en/company/new...ary-collection

Thanks for posting that link to the anniversary pieces. I was celebrating a birthday and hadnít been on the site for a day or two.

Beautiful watches to drool over.

Winston


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wjgoretsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 11:40 PM   #15055
Vasco
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
In photos I have seen that does not appear to be the case?

The 5711P looked to be the first time the blue was brighter and next seen in the 5980 TT
Russell seems to agree with you, my memories might not be as "fresh" as I had thought
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2022, 11:53 PM   #15056
ts3
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
Russell seems to agree with you, my memories might not be as "fresh" as I had thought
This should help as to the dial color of 5711/1P-001.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=306227

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=600605
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2022, 01:09 AM   #15057
subtona
2023 Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 25,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
Russell seems to agree with you, my memories might not be as "fresh" as I had thought

If there is one thing I have learned about myself over the years…
my memory cannot be trusted.
__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2022, 01:53 AM   #15058
Vasco
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Thank you very much! Very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post

If there is one thing I have learned about myself over the years…
my memory cannot be trusted.
Indeed^^
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2022, 06:30 PM   #15059
DK7
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Europe
Posts: 256
classy YG PP, 5270J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1995.JPG (277.7 KB, 439 views)
DK7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2022, 07:28 PM   #15060
Ichiran
2023 Pledge Member
 
Ichiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: Michael
Location: Ramen queue
Watch: Mostly blue dials
Posts: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
At the airport with my travel companion for a few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK7 View Post
classy YG PP, 5270J
Gentlemen, the 5270J's splendour is out of this world, please post more often
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5167 , 5235g , 5711 , 5740g , 5940 , aquanaut , nautilus , patek


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
le-temps
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2023, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.