The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2023, 05:44 AM   #1
EazyE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226
Do used watches count towards an application piece?

I'm considering buying a 5226g from an estate sale at my AD. They told me that pre-owned pieces do not count when going for a patek application piece. Is that right? Im wondering if something was lost in translation
EazyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 02:52 AM   #2
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
I'm considering buying a 5226g from an estate sale at my AD. They told me that pre-owned pieces do not count when going for a patek application piece. Is that right? Im wondering if something was lost in translation
I think it depends - my understanding is that your AD is your biggest advocate no matter what.
What application piece are we talking about ? MR or rare handcraft? pretty sure a 5226 is not going to move the needle either way. Now if you bought a 5970 or 5004 in your Ad's estate sale Im sure it's worth mentioning when he lists the other 10-20 pateks you own.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2023, 03:32 AM   #3
EazyE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I think it depends - my understanding is that your AD is your biggest advocate no matter what.
What application piece are we talking about ? MR or rare handcraft? pretty sure a 5226 is not going to move the needle either way. Now if you bought a 5970 or 5004 in your Ad's estate sale Im sure it's worth mentioning when he lists the other 10-20 pateks you own.
You're right, I misunderstood the process. Your AD is your biggest ally when going up for an application piece.

Hopefully a MR incoming soon
EazyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2023, 09:35 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
You're right, I misunderstood the process. Your AD is your biggest ally when going up for an application piece.

Hopefully a MR incoming soon
that would be awesome - good luck and keep us posted love to see MR incomings
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2023, 10:19 PM   #5
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

I would say discontinued references you buy used will count. If you purchased a 5270G or 5170R preowned, they would contribute to your application. Sometimes an AD will ask you to list all the Patek you own in your current collection and would send that info with your "application".

The AD has to vouch for your application and ensure you are not a flipper who is going to sell the application piece immediately. So purchase history from the AD will certainly be an important factor.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote