The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 14 December 2009, 03:00 PM   #1
007Sub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5514
An odd question (reposting in tech section)

Dear fellow TRF members,

I recently re sized my sub (fitted with the 93150 oyster bracelet) such that it fits tightly on my wrist (snug enough that it doesn't flap around, yet I can still get a finger in between my wrist and the watch).

I notice that if my wrist perspires or if there is a lot of humidity outside, the watch seems to stay in one place for a while on my wrist... which doesn't bother me... however here is where the weirdest thing happens which im almost embarrassed to describe.

When i take the watch off after a few hours, my wrist (only the spot contacting the polished clasp portion of the bracelet) sometimes smells "funky"... you know that kind of smell that happens when you have a band-aid on for too long...

Of course, after i wash my wrist and the bracelet with soap and water things are fine again. Now, your probably thinking, it must just be the perspiration and lack of breath ability via the tightness of the bracelet...BUT i've worn other watches that are as tight and i've NEVER had this problem before. Furthermore... why does this only happen on the place on my wrist that touches the polished surface and not the brushed surfaces?

I'm a bit of a clean freak so naturally having to wash my wrist and the bracelet every day or so drives me nuts. Has anyone else every experienced this? Could it be an allergic reaction to the SS used in the bracelet... its from the early 80s. Did rolex ever change the SS on the 93150s?

Thoughts?

@true_patina
@true.dome
007Sub is offline   Reply With Quote