The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 July 2018, 01:34 PM   #31
rolehex
2024 Pledge Member

Can't speak about the Sport my my gal has the Range Rover Evoque and loves it.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 03:28 AM   #32
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I'd say.. unless you're absolutely sure you want to keep the car for a long period of time.. lease them! Gives you a nice trial period and you only pay the assumed depreciation with less worries.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 03:43 AM   #33
S/Z
"TRF" Member

My wife loves her RRS but it has its share of problems. Supposedly Tata dumped a ton of money into improving Land Rover's quality control but they still have a ways to go.
S/Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 03:49 AM   #34
dkg1616
"TRF" Member

Do not buy a range rover unless you don’t care about essentially replacing it after 35k Miles...they don’t last and are a paid after that.

Great before 35k thiugh
dkg1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 04:26 AM   #35
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg1616 View Post
Do not buy a range rover unless you don’t care about essentially replacing it after 35k Miles...they don’t last and are a paid after that.

Great before 35k thiugh
I hope that’s not the case.

I’d really like to keep mine as long as possible.

I’m currently leasing, but planning to buy it once my lease is up. I can’t think of anything else I’d want to replace it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 04:28 AM   #36
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I hope that’s not the case.

I’d really like to keep mine as long as possible.

I’m currently leasing, but planning to buy it once my lease is up. I can’t think of anything else I’d want to replace it.
Not even a Cayenne turbo?
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 07:28 AM   #37
littleolemoi
"TRF" Member

My girlfriend has it as her soccer mom ride and it seems as if she's always dropping it off at the service department.

I'm not 100% sure what year she has ..... 2016 or 2017 but as nice and sexy as it looks I'd be weary of the reliability. Maybe she has a bad apple and whatnot but she can't wait to trade her's in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
littleolemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 06:00 AM   #38
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Not even a Cayenne turbo?
I like the older ones. I don't like the body style of the news one.

Besides, something about pulling up to a customer in a Porsche that makes me wary. A Range Rover is bad enough, but I have managed to live that down.

When the Cayenne is all done up in Turbo it looks great, IMHO. But that starts at $125. I pushed my limits with the Autobiography.

I have a few years left. So time will tell. But for now, I am just loving my RRS. Looks, style, feel and yes...reliability. Every bit of it.

Old 19 July 2018, 06:10 AM   #39
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
Reliability is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which modern one (2008 or newer ) did you own that proved to be unreliable?

OP buy it. The RR is a handsome, reliable automobile that you would be proud to own. Please don't get a Lexus or Toyota as they are hideous with that ugly front grill.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 07:37 AM   #40
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:

Besides, something about pulling up to a customer in a Porsche that makes me wary. A Range Rover is bad enough, but I have managed to live that down.

When the Cayenne is all done up in Turbo it looks great, IMHO. But that starts at $125. I pushed my limits with the Autobiography.

I have a few years left. So time will tell. But for now, I am just loving my RRS. Looks, style, feel and yes...reliability. Every bit of it.
All good points.

I've never been in the Cayenne Turbo, but I test drove a Cayenne hybrid. It was really quick and fun to drive. I didn't take it off pavement, but they claim it does OK off road too. IIRC, the combined HP and torque were about the same as the S and the fully loaded price about the same as a basic Turbo.

I think if I were ever to wander away from V8 turbo diesel pickups, I'd wander towards one of these (another bucket list item).
Old 20 July 2018, 06:13 AM   #41
fkim011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sky Dweller
Quote:

I had the RR like you and on my 2nd CTT with the 2019 Ctt ordered and expecting delivery on in early Dec.

I cannot tell you how much I loved the RR. I drove it everywhere and put over 120K (Drive 40K a year) on the odometer.Took to the mountains, the desert and the perfect Golden Retriever hauler. However, it limped to 120K. After 75K, everything started to go wrong.I was honestly scared it would leave me stranded. Air suspension failure (electric issue), Air bag loss of pressure (6k gross vehicle rating so it went out), fuel pump went out, AC went out, had the computer completely reset cause it wouldn't recognize the key, went into limp mode cause the boost pipes clamps failed etc... Still loved her, but wouldn't do it again.

The Porsche is 10000% more reliable albeit a different type of driving experience. Drove the first CTT bought new to 90k and traded it in for the RR. My 2013 CTT had a fuel pressure regulator issue at 100k. Literally nothing else and I traded her in early 2017 with over 120k on the dial. Rock solid. Drive and held boost on the turbos like it was bought off the lot even with that kind of mileage. So I miss her, and decided to order the 2019 redesign CTT....

I would never think about keeping the RR after lease or after warranty. Not worth the risk.
fkim011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 07:32 AM   #42
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim011 View Post
I had the RR like you and on my 2nd CTT with the 2019 Ctt ordered and expecting delivery on in early Dec.

I cannot tell you how much I loved the RR. I drove it everywhere and put over 120K (Drive 40K a year) on the odometer.Took to the mountains, the desert and the perfect Golden Retriever hauler. However, it limped to 120K. After 75K, everything started to go wrong.I was honestly scared it would leave me stranded. Air suspension failure (electric issue), Air bag loss of pressure (6k gross vehicle rating so it went out), fuel pump went out, AC went out, had the computer completely reset cause it wouldn't recognize the key, went into limp mode cause the boost pipes clamps failed etc... Still loved her, but wouldn't do it again.

The Porsche is 10000% more reliable albeit a different type of driving experience. Drove the first CTT bought new to 90k and traded it in for the RR. My 2013 CTT had a fuel pressure regulator issue at 100k. Literally nothing else and I traded her in early 2017 with over 120k on the dial. Rock solid. Drive and held boost on the turbos like it was bought off the lot even with that kind of mileage. So I miss her, and decided to order the 2019 redesign CTT....

I would never think about keeping the RR after lease or after warranty. Not worth the risk.
Great review.
Old 20 July 2018, 07:38 AM   #43
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
Which modern one (2008 or newer ) did you own that proved to be unreliable?

OP buy it. The RR is a handsome, reliable automobile that you would be proud to own. Please don't get a Lexus or Toyota as they are hideous with that ugly front grill.
With all due respect the 2007-2009 are a very different beast than anything after 2010, ford put quite a bit of emphasis on reliability, they even decontented to boost reliability, for example they got rid of the steering wheel lock because it was known to be an issue on the L322. I would buy a 2007-2009 4.2SC all day long. I wouldn't touch a 5.0 without a warranty.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 03:37 PM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
The RR is a handsome, reliable automobile.
Old 28 November 2018, 09:30 AM   #45
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

About to go down this Range Rover rabbit hole with an order for a 2019 Range Rover Sport HSE (V6).

It was my wife's favorite (more so than the new G05 X5 and Volvo XC90). She likes that it feels the most "substantial".

It is a little less athletic that I would probably prefer but has a very pleasant ride and looks fantastic.

Does anyone have experience with the current generation Sport? In particular the 2018+ (the revised/face-lifted version).
Old 28 November 2018, 11:40 AM   #46
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Just read an article on 10 worst vehicles to buy........ranked as worst.
Old 28 November 2018, 11:49 AM   #47
Maybelline
Banned

Ok I’m not an expert but as close as it gets.

Long story short. I retired in May and got very bored so I took a part time job at a local RR/Jaguar dealership.

I drive RR’s about 20 hours a week (notice I didn’t mention jaguars? That’s because no one really buys them) I pick up customer cars and deliver loaners to them and vice versa.

When they are working they are absolutely wonderful vehicles.

Problem is they are pieces of shit. Every mechanic that works there has this sentiment. If they could afford one they would not buy one.
The majority of the problems are software and cpu related but overall they have the worst reliability in the industry. The stories I could tell you are laughable.

If your RR hasn’t given you any trouble yet just wait a little while longer.
I highly do not recommend them but I do love my job though.

Like I said when they work they are awesome. Interiors are second to none.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 03:02 PM   #48
betterwatchit
"TRF" Member

Well I’ve had 3 RR Vogues now, never a problem. If they’re serviced regularly, like any car, should be fine. The absolute best all round car there is. I’ve taken them off-road, driven through thick snow, and crushing at speed on the autobahn they’re just so comfortable and stable.
betterwatchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 04:42 PM   #49
timedate
-

i would be buying toyota or honda or mazda, all day long.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 08:10 PM   #50
betterwatchit
"TRF" Member

I’m sure the Japanese are the most reliable, but we all have different tastes, and I find the aesthetics unappealing. It’s a shame, as I’d love to buy a Land Crusier for off-road use, but the styling puts me off.
Old 28 November 2018, 08:10 PM   #51
betterwatchit
"TRF" Member

I’m sure the Japanese are the most reliable, but we all have different tastes, and I find the aesthetics unappealing. It’s a shame, as I’d love to buy a Land Crusier for off-road use, but the styling puts me off.
Old 28 November 2018, 08:22 PM   #52
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
I had a 2012 RRS ( last of the old box shape), twin turbo diesel 6 cylinder. Loved every minute of it. It was leased through work and I got it as a one owner car with 20,000KM on the clock.

Black on black!

The only issue I had was i had to replace the compressor for the suspension. Superb truck, lots of torque and very comfy ride.

Only moved it on as it was end of lease so I traded it for an MY15 Audi RS4 Avant.

We will probably get another RRS when I settle with my partner and start having kids so we have a safe family car for her to drive.

Anything 2012 and newer is pretty reliable, the new owners have done a great job fixing the reliability issues year on year and they are the gold standard fro SUV's for good reason.

Hope this helps
steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 09:40 PM   #53
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

I’ll say again, I love my Sport.

Looks great, and the drive is the best Ive ever experienced in a vehicle. At 25,000 miles, I haven’t had any problems to speak of.

My only regret is that I leased it for business purposes. I am way over miles and need to figure some kind of solution.

I suppose my other problem is there is nothing else on the road I want to drive. For now anyway.

Old 29 November 2018, 01:10 AM   #54
timedate
-

the mazda cx5 looks a nice drive, a fraction of rr money, or a crv or rav, take your pick, all decent vehicles.

dont forget, there is also mitsubishi, subaru, suzuki, daihatsu, isuzu, and nissan/renault
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 01:20 AM   #55
austinp
"TRF" Member

It's the most pretentious car on the market in my opinion.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 02:40 AM   #56
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
I’ll say again, I love my Sport.

Looks great, and the drive is the best Ive ever experienced in a vehicle. At 25,000 miles, I haven’t had any problems to speak of.

My only regret is that I leased it for business purposes. I am way over miles and need to figure some kind of solution.

I suppose my other problem is there is nothing else on the road I want to drive. For now anyway.
GLC AMG 63 Brother. Go drive one. 0-60 in 3.7. I dig the RRS but no seat extenders on any of their models so out for me. A bunch of cars are eliminated due to no seat extenders when I am shopping.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 02:47 AM   #57
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Icon15

Even if you have a warranty, there’s the hassle of taking it into the shop, loaner car, paperwork and time spent from your day. I’ll pass. Give me a Porsche product

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 02:51 AM   #58
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
GLC AMG 63 Brother. Go drive one. 0-60 in 3.7. I dig the RRS but no seat extenders on any of their models so out for me. A bunch of cars are eliminated due to no seat extenders when I am shopping.
That thing is an animal. I am huge fan. And I did overlook that in my thought process. I have thought about them in the past, and they could be a future contender.

Right now though, I am looking to travel in the slow lane.

I've got issues...

I kid you not, I might very well be picking up a Wrangler in the near future. Another long story. Keeping the RRS obviously, but making my daily something a little less flashy and fast. This is not a "want" thing, but rather a necessity. And it will greatly help with my miles situation. I don't want hijack the thread, but if it happens, I will create some kind of post about it.

Old 29 November 2018, 02:53 AM   #59
andyxxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: with confusion
In the last 20 years I have always had a Defenders as my work vehicle and still own one. They do very few miles but I have not had a problem with any of them.

Two RR Sports for a total of 5 years and not a single problem.

Now on my second Full Fat RR which is two years old and has been virtually problem free, but the previous one had a recurring problem (all be it a small problem – but RR were unable to sort it.)

So I would say I am happy with them.

My criticism is more with the local dealer, because when the cars have been in for minor issues or service they never seem to be able to investigate and cure problems on the first attempt.
andyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 02:57 AM   #60
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
That thing is an animal. I am huge fan. And I did overlook that in my thought process. I have thought about them in the past, and they could be a future contender.

Right now though, I am looking to travel in the slow lane.

I've got issues...

I kid you not, I might very well be picking up a Wrangler in the near future. Another long story. Keeping the RRS obviously, but making my daily something a little less flashy and fast. This is not a "want" thing, but rather a necessity. And it will greatly help with my miles situation. I don't want hijack the thread, but if it happens, I will create some kind of post about it.
Totally understand. My wife is a little over a year into her MB lease and is about 8K over already. Plus the car looks 5 years old. Man, she is tough on cars. I will end up writing a huge check or end up buying 2 more brand new MB's to get them to eat some of the costs. Which will limit my options on the next ride.
Also get slowing down. It is too tempting sometimes when the power/speed is available and can get us into trouble...If I could fit into a Jeep Wrangler better I would own one. Perfect vehicle for the PNW but not enough leg room for me.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote