The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,005 70.38%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 60 4.20%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 363 25.42%
Voters: 1428. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 February 2024, 01:18 AM   #4741
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 4,264
Updated BLNR Data. This watch was purchased 7/19 from an AD. It has run very well. Current readings in a vacuum look ok, but they are down a bit from about 6 months ago. What may be worth note is I used to wear this watch maybe 3-4 times a week. Now I only wear it a couple of times a month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-02-19 101006 BLNR021924.jpg (214.4 KB, 794 views)
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2024, 07:12 AM   #4742
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Updated BLNR Data. This watch was purchased 7/19 from an AD. It has run very well. Current readings in a vacuum look ok, but they are down a bit from about 6 months ago. What may be worth note is I used to wear this watch maybe 3-4 times a week. Now I only wear it a couple of times a month.
Thanks, interesting results …
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2024, 07:14 AM   #4743
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
Comparison 02/2024 (left) vs. 08/2023 (right)

- Position-dependent amplitudes decreased.
- Position-dependent rates very similar until 48 hours.

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2024, 07:16 AM   #4744
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
Comparison timegrapher data 12/2022 vs. 07/2023 vs. 02/2024:

The average rate of this 3285 caliber, measured in 02/2024, is perfect until 48 hours and nearly unchanged compared to the last measurement in 07/2023.

BUT, looking into the rates (accuracy) alone does not show that the 3285 has decreased in amplitudes (especially in vertical position) and is now rather close to the Rolex acceptance criteria of 200° after 24 hours.

This watch should keep very good time but it has caught the 32xx low-amplitude virus (starting with the vertical positions).

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 12:05 AM   #4745
Deepsleeper
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1
Greetings TRFers.

I recently joined the forum and have been reading the posts in this thread with great interest. I have learnt so much.

I was experiencing bad timekeeping with my 126333, a TT DJ41 Wimbledon. It was a 2017 piece and I had it “serviced” at an RSC just prior to the expiry of the warranty in 2022. It came back from the RSC and kept time perfectly; well within the “Superlative Chronometer” specifications at about +1 spd. Time check provided by my iPhone. I noted this in the first month it returned. As I have a few watches and I like to rotate their wrist time, I did not notice any significant degradation in the DJ’s accuracy. I rotate the wearing of my watches on a weekly basis.

As with the experience of many of you here, my DJ developed the “much dreaded disease”. It lost almost one minute per day. This was after a period of non-use, probably around six months, if I recall correctly.

Up until recently, I was not aware of the amplitude issue (and possibly other factors) that affected the calibers 32xx that was discussed here. As it was no longer under warranty, I promptly sold the DJ and acquired a 2018 DSSD 126660. And yes, no prizes for guessing, the DSSD apparently had this issue too. In my few days of wearing it, the DSSD lost about 30 seconds. So I Googled the topic, which led me to this thread. And now I know that I was not alone.

My experience is entirely anecdotal and not empirical in any way as I do not possess a timegrapher. And neither am I inclined to acquire one, at least not in the near future. Yes, it pisses me off whenever I think about it, that the Rolex attributes of precision and dependability have been thrown out the window, despite what it says on the dial. I have an Explorer II running on a 3187 that is ticking along at about +1/1.5 spd after a full service in late 2022. It is still keeping good time. Where accuracy is concerned, I prefer my watches to run faster, not slower.

So, I was on the verge of disposing of the DSSD (by way of a sale, of course) but I could not bear to do so as I had always wanted a Deepsea. It looks handsome on the wrist and after one week of wearing it, this observation is corroborated by the number of glances that turned my way. At a meeting today, someone complimented me on the beautiful Sea-Dweller.

So like some of the members have mentioned, whilst I am now acquainted with the ills of the 32xx movement, I will instead enjoy the beauty of the watch for what it is. And catch up on the lost seconds every once in a while.

Life is short. Live it.
Deepsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 08:38 PM   #4746
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.eng View Post
Very interesting!
You are member since 4 days, in 5 of 11 posts you have reported about stolen watches.

What's your point in this technical thread?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 01:15 AM   #4747
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 4,264
I have completed a 60hr test on my new LV 2.0. Really the point of this post is to show how this one starts life, a bit more thoroughly. Ultimately it is running fine, maybe I would like to see the amp readings in the vertical a bit higher, but the time is good. If the performance stays as such I will be happy enough. Only time will tell, pun mildly intended.

60hr test, watch ran for approximately 72hrs, 24 mins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-02-27 095902 LV2 .jpg (228.2 KB, 616 views)
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 11:13 PM   #4748
raiko1
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 1
Hello. I’ve been lurking around the forums but this is my first time posting. My DJ41 is about 2 years old and just developed the low frequency problem. Running about 25 seconds slow per day all of a sudden after being within specs for the first two years. Sending it to RSC for warranty work soon. I also have a GMT II which so far is working great


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raiko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 01:20 PM   #4749
Smobews
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Usa
Watch: The BIG ones
Posts: 507
Some data points

SD43 with 8/6/19 warranty card
EXP II with a 6/17/21 warranty card
Sub with a 4/28/22 warranty card

Down is crown down
Up is crown up

Avg 3 is the average of Dial up, crown down, 6 up. I find the average of these three to be the closest to how it runs on the wrist.
Attached Images
File Type: png SD43.png (94.6 KB, 485 views)
File Type: png EXP II.png (93.9 KB, 482 views)
File Type: png Sub.png (95.5 KB, 488 views)
Smobews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 05:00 AM   #4750
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smobews View Post
SD43 with 8/6/19 warranty card
EXP II with a 6/17/21 warranty card
Sub with a 4/28/22 warranty card

Down is crown down
Up is crown up

Avg 3 is the average of Dial up, crown down, 6 up. I find the average of these three to be the closest to how it runs on the wrist.
Thanks! Three lists of timegrapher data for 3 different 32xx watches is a nice set of data. But without your own interpretation or other additional information it does not add much news to this thread.

Can you provide your own view and more background?

Btw: the Delta for your SD43 3/3/2024 after full winding is wrong: it is 3.1 and not 4.3; and there are some more wrong numbers in your lists.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 08:56 AM   #4751
Smobews
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Usa
Watch: The BIG ones
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Thanks! Three lists of timegrapher data for 3 different 32xx watches is a nice set of data. But without your own interpretation or other additional information it does not add much news to this thread.

Can you provide your own view and more background?

Btw: the Delta for your SD43 3/3/2024 after full winding is wrong: it is 3.1 and not 4.3; and there are some more wrong numbers in your lists.
All three run great. I’ve been a little worried about the EXP II with low amplitude, but it is staying consistent and keeps great time; less than 1spd on the wrist. The star of the show is the almost five year old SD 43; great amplitude and a very tight delta. Also keeps less than 1spd on the wrist.
Smobews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 11:10 PM   #4752
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I have completed a 60hr test on my new LV 2.0. Really the point of this post is to show how this one starts life, a bit more thoroughly. Ultimately it is running fine, maybe I would like to see the amp readings in the vertical a bit higher, but the time is good. If the performance stays as such I will be happy enough. Only time will tell, pun mildly intended.

60hr test, watch ran for approximately 72hrs, 24 mins.
Below you find 3 graphs which compare your two SUBs (2024, 2023) and the GMT (2019).

- 126610LV #2 vs. 126610LV #1 (amplitudes, rates)
- 126610LV #2 vs. 126710BLNR (amplitudes, rates)
- 126610LV #2 vs. 126610LV #1 vs. 126710BLNR (Xa, Xr)
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 11:12 PM   #4753
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

- 126610LV #2 vs. 126610LV #1 (amplitudes, rates)
- Watches 2024 vs. 2023

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 11:15 PM   #4754
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
- 126610LV #2 vs. 126710BLNR (amplitudes, rates)
- Watches 2024 vs. 2019

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 11:15 PM   #4755
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
- 126610LV #2 vs. 126610LV #1 vs. 126710BLNR (Xa, Xr)
- Watches 2024 vs. 2023 vs. 2019

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 01:54 AM   #4756
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 4,264
Thanks for producing and posting these graphs. These are much easier to track than the raw data tables.

I don't really have the horological vernacular to describe the amplitude graph on the new LV2. But I find it interesting how clean and uniform the traces are for each position. Looking a the graph I say that watch is currently running very well and quite consistent. The rates also seem very comparable to the BLNR - which has been, to date, my best running 32.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 02:39 AM   #4757
Halldactor
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: France
Watch: 228235
Posts: 4
Hello
i have a DD40 228235 with 3255 movement from june 2018.
I do not wear it often (1 time per month).
But i see now it lost 30s/day.
I ordered a timegrapher and i will do the test and post here when i receive it.
My watch is not under warranty and rolex in France tell me it has to be serviced.
Halldactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 03:58 AM   #4758
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halldactor View Post
Hello
i have a DD40 228235 with 3255 movement from june 2018.
I do not wear it often (1 time per month).
But i see now it lost 30s/day.
I ordered a timegrapher and i will do the test and post here when i receive it.
My watch is not under warranty and rolex in France tell me it has to be serviced.
You are the first I see who admits his 32xx watch has the well know amplitude problem, loses inacceptable 30 s/d, and now has to pay for a service because the warranty has expired.

The movement issue of your watch had appeared much earlier but was not (easily) visible for you without a timegrapher.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 09:47 AM   #4759
Dirt
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane
Watch: DSSD
Posts: 7,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
You are the first I see who admits his 32xx watch has the well know amplitude problem, loses inacceptable 30 s/d, and now has to pay for a service because the warranty has expired.

The movement issue of your watch had appeared much earlier but was not (easily) visible for you without a timegrapher.
Agreed.
It's consistent with what Bas had previously indicated would be the case.
One thing is certain. There will be more of it going forward.
So much for the ownership experience

I very much hope there is a solid fix for these movements in place now
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 04:00 PM   #4760
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
It's consistent with what Bas had previously indicated would be the case.
Of course, it is trivial, and holds for all Rolex watches which are beyond the 5-year warranty period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
I very much hope there is a solid fix for these movements in place now
The reported observation (or fact) that one RSC has received (much) less 32xx watches for repair is not a proof for a "solid fix". Reflect about it with respect to statistics.

It would be very interesting to see more data from new 32xx watches (bought in 2024) and the new models* which Rolex released last year. I have not even seen one set of timegrapher data, maybe member EasyE wants to buy one of the new models?

*New models released in 2023:
Cosmograph Daytona (Ref. 126506), caliber 4131 with Chronergy escapement, PR approx. 72 hours

1908 (Ref. 52508), caliber 7140 with Chronergy escapement, PR approx. 66 hours

Sky-Dweller (Ref. 336934), caliber 9002 with Chronergy escapement, PR approx. 72 hours
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 10:36 PM   #4761
Halldactor
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: France
Watch: 228235
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halldactor View Post
Hello
i have a DD40 228235 with 3255 movement from june 2018.
I do not wear it often (1 time per month).
But i see now it lost 30s/day.
I ordered a timegrapher and i will do the test and post here when i receive it.
My watch is not under warranty and rolex in France tell me it has to be serviced.
Correction: from yesterday 10 AM to today 1PM it lost 16 seconds with full winding before use and i demagnetized the watch too before.
I think it get worse when the power reserve decrease.
Halldactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 12:46 AM   #4762
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halldactor View Post
Correction: from yesterday 10 AM to today 1PM it lost 16 seconds with full winding before use and i demagnetized the watch too before.
I think it get worse when the power reserve decrease.
For a proper diagnostic I recommend that you get a timegrapher, do a full winding, and measure amplitudes, rates, and beat errors along the complete power reserve, as described several times in this thread. I also suggest that you read this thread to avoid the most common errors. Good luck!
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 05:12 PM   #4763
OysterPrince86
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 22
For what it´s worth, in a German Rolex Forum there is a post in which the user describes what has been changed in his watch that had the 32XX-Problems:

https://www.r-l-x.de/forum/showthrea...=1#post7118138

I am no watch technician and English is not my mother tongue but I think they changed the pallet fork, escape wheel, second wheel and minute wheel.

Can it be that the error is located in one of these components? I can´t remember that we ever had a detailed description of the parts that were actually changed in one of the warranty repairs. Maybe the solution lies in a reworked and improved iteration of these 4 parts? Can a watchmaker (Bas ?) confirm that?
OysterPrince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 11:08 PM   #4764
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Of course, it is trivial, and holds for all Rolex watches which are beyond the 5-year warranty period.


The reported observation (or fact) that one RSC has received (much) less 32xx watches for repair is not a proof for a "solid fix". Reflect about it with respect to statistics.

It would be very interesting to see more data from new 32xx watches (bought in 2024) and the new models* which Rolex released last year. I have not even seen one set of timegrapher data, maybe member EasyE wants to buy one of the new models?

*New models released in 2023:
Cosmograph Daytona (Ref. 126506), caliber 4131 with Chronergy escapement, PR approx. 72 hours

1908 (Ref. 52508), caliber 7140 with Chronergy escapement, PR approx. 66 hours

Sky-Dweller (Ref. 336934), caliber 9002 with Chronergy escapement, PR approx. 72 hours
Can’t seem to get an AD call back about a new TT Daytona. Weird.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:58 AM   #4765
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,678
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterPrince86 View Post
For what it´s worth, in a German Rolex Forum there is a post in which the user describes what has been changed in his watch that had the 32XX-Problems:

https://www.r-l-x.de/forum/showthrea...=1#post7118138

I am no watch technician and English is not my mother tongue but I think they changed the pallet fork, escape wheel, second wheel and minute wheel.

Can it be that the error is located in one of these components? I can´t remember that we ever had a detailed description of the parts that were actually changed in one of the warranty repairs. Maybe the solution lies in a reworked and improved iteration of these 4 parts? Can a watchmaker (Bas ?) confirm that?
Also read the next posts in this thread.
The guy described the following:

"Yes, the watch was not at Rolex in Cologne, but the retailer has a watchmaker who carried out the work. Perhaps Rolex has given instructions to the retailers with qualified watchmakers as to what work is to be carried out?"

This is complete nonsense!

This non-RSC watchmaker just replaced all the parts you listed, hoping that would help.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 10:15 AM   #4766
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Also read the next posts in this thread.
The guy described the following:

"Yes, the watch was not at Rolex in Cologne, but the retailer has a watchmaker who carried out the work. Perhaps Rolex has given instructions to the retailers with qualified watchmakers as to what work is to be carried out?"

This is complete nonsense!

This non-RSC watchmaker just replaced all the parts you listed, hoping that would help.
In a part of my world we call that “Captain Change Out.” Just swap stuff until you get it working again….its not a compliment.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:27 PM   #4767
t_serban
"TRF" Member
 
t_serban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Romania
Posts: 14
Submariner 124060 (3230) 1 year of ownership test using Weishi 1000.

HTML Code:
After full wind

Position    Rate      Amplitude      Beat error
DU          +4        288            0.1
6U          +4        259            0.0
9U          +2        256            0.1
3U           0        259            0.2
DD           0        287            0.0

After 24h

Position    Rate      Amplitude      Beat error
DU          +4        270            0.0
6U           0        238            0.2
9U           0        235            0.2
3U           0        240            0.2
DD           0        269            0.0

After 48h

Position    Rate      Amplitude      Beat error
DU          +5        240            0.0
6U          +1        204            0.1
9U           0        202            0.2
3U          -1        202            0.1
DD          +1        233            0.1
t_serban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 08:13 PM   #4768
Andy81
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 31
As previously noted, my Datejust was running slow (2021 model). I’ve sent it to Rolex for repair under warranty. What was amusing is that despite it running anything from 3-8 seconds a day slow, the sales rep at the AD initially pushed back, stating that automatic watches aren’t precise and operate within tolerances - she suggested leaving it until it ran minutes a day slow. I pointed out the Rolex +2/-2 tolerance and she went very quiet….
Andy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 08:28 PM   #4769
OysterPrince86
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Also read the next posts in this thread.
The guy described the following:

"Yes, the watch was not at Rolex in Cologne, but the retailer has a watchmaker who carried out the work. Perhaps Rolex has given instructions to the retailers with qualified watchmakers as to what work is to be carried out?"

This is complete nonsense!

This non-RSC watchmaker just replaced all the parts you listed, hoping that would help.
Yes, it seems like a bit of a shotgun-practice, just replacing these parts based on a good guess. But we will never know if these parts were reworked by Rolex and are mandatory replacements in every future service procedure for watches that still have the old iterations of them inside, as long as no Rolex-trained watchmaker can clarify it´s just guesswork.
OysterPrince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 12:54 AM   #4770
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member
 
enjoythemusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Real Name: Steven
Location: Glocal
Posts: 19,383
Wow, talk about details, etc. Wonder how much longer this thread will keep going just because.....

They sorted mine, under warranty, and that's what counts imho. Those who wear their timepieces daily will surely know before the five-year warranty expires
__________________
__________________
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Takuya Watches

Bobs Watches

Asset Appeal

My Watch LLC

OCWatches

DavidSW Watches

Coronet


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2024, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.