The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 26 February 2021, 03:05 AM   #1
llngoc
"TRF" Member

5320G and Camille Fournet

In anticipation of the incoming 5320G, I have started to look for a second band to be used day-to-day as I feel shiny croc can be too formal for my lifestyle. And I have seen a few owners have Camille straps so I would like to get some feedback.

First, a novice question: what is the strap size I should order? And if I want to use the original deployant, is it doable? And which buckle option should I order?

Also, any Journe owners here who may also have experience with Camille straps?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 03:15 AM   #2
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
In anticipation of the incoming 5320G, I have started to look for a second band to be used day-to-day as I feel shiny croc can be too formal for my lifestyle. And I have seen a few owners have Camille straps so I would like to get some feedback.

First, a novice question: what is the strap size I should order? And if I want to use the original deployant, is it doable? And which buckle option should I order?

Also, any Journe owners here who may also have experience with Camille straps?
I have many Camille straps and they work perfectly with deployants. Custom order the same sizes as your Patek strap assuming it currently has a deployant (both the lengths and the buckle and lugs sizes - not sure what the 5320G sizes are) and specify no buckle, straight at lugs, ogive tip, round holes, profile of choice (I have usually chosen hexagonal 4mm), folded edges, hand stitched, etc etc. Final thing to do in the special instructions is to request Patek quick release pin slots in the strap. Have fun.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 03:26 AM   #3
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I have many Camille straps and they work perfectly with deployants. Custom order the same sizes as your Patek strap assuming it currently has a deployant (both the lengths and the buckle and lugs sizes - not sure what the 5320G sizes are) and specify no buckle, straight at lugs, ogive tip, round holes, profile of choice (I have usually chosen hexagonal 4mm), folded edges, hand stitched, etc etc. Final thing to do in the special instructions is to request Patek quick release pin slots in the strap. Have fun.
Thanks! I guess I have to wait until my watch gets here but it is going to be fun. Is it hard to detach the deployant so as to swap straps depending on my mood?

Ordering extra deployant is probably not cost effective.
Old 26 February 2021, 03:28 AM   #4
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
In anticipation of the incoming 5320G,......I feel shiny croc can be too formal for my lifestyle....
I thought the same when I bought a 5320G so I used alcohol hand wash and vodka to remove the gloss and I am very happy. The croc straps lose their shine in any event. I also tried a blue Matt strap and returned to the more military brown which suits the watch colour better IMO.

Very interesting response regarding Camille straps from Russell996 and Ilngoc . I might have a look at them now.

Lets us know what you decide... photos appreciated.

Great choice of watch!
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 03:33 AM   #5
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks! I guess I have to wait until my watch gets here but it is going to be fun. Is it hard to detach the deployant so as to swap straps depending on my mood?

Ordering extra deployant is probably not cost effective.
Your AD will be able to give you all the sizes for the piece, they have a book giving all the measurements. Checking I see the 5320 comes on a deployant so assuming you have a standard wrist it is a case of matching the standard deployant sizes - Patek has 3 sizes of strap for tang and 3 sizes for deployant (small, medium, large). Changing the deployant is easy but does require a small screwdriver.
Old 26 February 2021, 03:55 AM   #6
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your AD will be able to give you all the sizes for the piece, they have a book giving all the measurements. Checking I see the 5320 comes on a deployant so assuming you have a standard wrist it is a case of matching the standard deployant sizes - Patek has 3 sizes of strap for tang and 3 sizes for deployant (small, medium, large). Changing the deployant is easy but does require a small screwdriver.
I will check with my AD. The piece's ETA is June; I know I am way ahead of myself but is very excited to be getting my first PC
Old 26 February 2021, 05:43 AM   #7
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I will check with my AD. The piece's ETA is June; I know I am way ahead of myself but is very excited to be getting my first PC
Congratulations. To be honest, why don’t you ask the AD to order a custom Patek strap included in the price - I’m sure they would oblige. Patek strap book has just as many options as CF (CF is actually one of Pateks suppliers).
Old 26 February 2021, 06:03 AM   #8
rjd1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Can't pick just 1
Congratulations! Great watch, I just picked one up last week and am enjoying it. I too am looking at other strap options. The brown is already losing a bit of the gloss after only a few days wear - and I do like it with the cream dial - but I typically wear black shoes, belt, etc. so thinking of other options. My AD has a PP blue/gray strap on order for me - going to consider some others as well.
rjd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 06:09 AM   #9
Aqua75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congratulations. To be honest, why don’t you ask the AD to order a custom Patek strap included in the price - I’m sure they would oblige. Patek strap book has just as many options as CF (CF is actually one of Pateks suppliers).
This.
If you’re paying full retail for this particular watch from your AD the least they can do is throw in a free alternative strap. And CF make the straps for Patek anyway by the way.

Congrats on a beautiful piece.
Aqua75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 07:29 AM   #10
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1 View Post
Congratulations! Great watch, I just picked one up last week and am enjoying it. I too am looking at other strap options. The brown is already losing a bit of the gloss after only a few days wear - and I do like it with the cream dial - but I typically wear black shoes, belt, etc. so thinking of other options. My AD has a PP blue/gray strap on order for me - going to consider some others as well.
I will inquire as I do plan to contact him for another incoming piece. Spent too much $$ with him in the last month.
Old 26 February 2021, 10:23 AM   #11
Hub6152
Banned

5320G and Camille Fournet

Quote:

CF has many many more options than the Patek straps book. I represent CF in the watch accessory store I work in, and we have literally dozens of colour and different skin samples. Just be aware that restrictions on the importing of rare or endangered animal skins means the straps could be seized by customs depending where you live.

Also be aware that the CF factory is in one of the worst hit C-19 districts of France and several of their skilled but elderly workforce have very sadly passed away already - this means delays are very possible so don’t be surprised if the strap takes longer than the 4 weeks they advertise.
Hub6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 11:09 AM   #12
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua75 View Post
This.
If you’re paying full retail for this particular watch from your AD the least they can do is throw in a free alternative strap. And CF make the straps for Patek anyway by the way.

Congrats on a beautiful piece.
Thanks for your suggestions, my AD did offer to help to order (did not offer to pay for it though) extra straps from Patek but I thought I may get more choices from Camille. I am very excited for this incoming piece as this actually has the approval of wife and kids. We all like the vintage look. Hopefully my next PC will be a 5740 but since I already have a 5711/a, this is actually a more exciting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1 View Post
I learned from my wife's handbag collection that over time matt becomes glossy and glossy becomes matt for croc/alligators. But I am impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub6152 View Post
CF has many many more options than the Patek straps book. I represent CF in the watch accessory store I work in, and we have literally dozens of colour and different skin samples. Just be aware that restrictions on the importing of rare or endangered animal skins means the straps could be seized by customs depending where you live.

Also be aware that the CF factory is in one of the worst hit C-19 districts of France and several of their skilled but elderly workforce have very sadly passed away already - this means delays are very possible so don’t be surprised if the strap takes longer than the 4 weeks they advertise.
Will keep that in mind so maybe I am not too far ahead. It is so sad to hear about the covid impact.
Old 26 February 2021, 09:09 PM   #13
jfriedkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP
The 5320G is a strap monster. I have order several straps from CF. My biggest problem is that they can 6 months or more for custom order.

I have since starting ordering my straps though AlexCrown which reps Jean Rousseau. The straps are a bit more customizable, a bit less expensive. And only take 3-4 weeks. Every bit as nice or nicer than CF.

And yes, make sure you get the quick release spring bars!! Also If I were you I would start with ordering at least 2-3 straps for the 5320G. You will not be disappointed.
jfriedkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:40 AM   #14
qrc36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub6152 View Post

I ordered just before Christmas and received it 5 weeks later. Impressed with the speed especially with Covid and also the Christmas and New Year holiday period.
qrc36 is offline   Reply With Quote