The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 May 2021, 09:26 PM   #1
CJS57
"TRF" Member

Is this 1013 Original? All Gold from 1978

From Kibble Watches in UK. Cost is about $10,427 which seems to be a fair price from my research. Others want $15K. Is this watch original or restored? Is the Co. Legit? Experts please help.

https://kibblewatches.co.uk/collecti...mm-on-bracelet
CJS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 12:15 AM   #2
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

He’s genuine and a decent chap. If I can help in any way dm me or find me on Instagram, imrootbeer7
Old 16 May 2021, 01:02 AM   #3
CJS57
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately James will not sell to me because I am USA and he says it is too much trouble and the costs eat into his margin. Which I understand. So I offered to pay his full asking price, Credit cards fees and shipping and insurance costs. I would also gladly pay for him to have FedEx or someone else pack the watch if that would help. But I believe he wants to just sell in the UK so I am out of luck. I appreciate the offer to help! Best, Chris
Old 16 May 2021, 06:25 AM   #4
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
HINT TO PEOPLE BUYING USED WATCHES:
Always ask about the bracelet length, when buying used.

His "will fit a *** wrist" is very cryptic.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:31 AM   #5
CJS57
"TRF" Member

I did ask about the size which is 7.5" and I need 8"+. So I contacted RolliWorks and got a quote on having them adapt some oyster style links to the riveted bracelet. About $300, not too bad. Of course I will have to source the links which will be at least $500 each. So the bracelet size is covered.
Old 17 May 2021, 01:44 AM   #6
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS57 View Post
I did ask about the size which is 7.5" and I need 8"+. So I contacted RolliWorks and got a quote on having them adapt some oyster style links to the riveted bracelet. About $300, not too bad. Of course I will have to source the links which will be at least $500 each. So the bracelet size is covered.
Between the location and extra links needed, sounds like this purchase may be a bit too much of a challenge. Have you tried chrono24 or ebay (some sellers are honest LOL) to see if you can source the same reference in the US?

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 02:09 AM   #7
CJS57
"TRF" Member

Yes I have been looking for a 1013 for months. Several available now in less condition for about $15,000 asking price. There was here on TRF a few months ago for about $20,000. So This looks like a good deal price wise. I am amazed at how little is known about international shipping of gold watches. But, I guess I can just go to FedEx, get a Next Day Air label plus insurance and have the dealer in London ship it out on that label. If customs wants some tax due, my understanding is FedEx will pay it and bill me (about 6.5% average). So even with credit card fees, shipping, import taxes and later extra links I will still be into about $13,000 which is decent at least.
Old 18 May 2021, 08:23 AM   #8
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
Ever think of putting a deposit to hold it and flying there to buy it? Sounds like by the time you get back home, it will still be cheaper and nice than those available here.
BOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 09:17 AM   #9
CJS57
"TRF" Member

Good idea! I did think of going there as a last resort if he refused to ship it out of the UK. But...... We made a deal and I did get. And now I know how to create a FedEx label for international shipping to boot! I will report back with some pictures assuming it arrives on the 19th. I also learned about import duties. Very interesting procedure breaking the value of the watch into values of the case, movement and the bracelet separately. I have also learned that riveted bracelet links can have oyster links added to them by Rolliworks.