The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 April 2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Why1504
"TRF" Member

Upcoming Travel

This year I have some exciting and unusual destinations in the mix.

Seoul South Korea, Tokyo Japan, Toyama Japan, Kiev Ukraine, Vancouver BC, and Paris France.

Any must stops on the list? I have hit many of the Ad’s in Paris recently. I am wondering about Kiev, Toyama (no AD here) and Seoul.

Thanks!!
Old 13 April 2019, 08:49 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
You will be quite busy. Good luck at the AD's. Let us know if you should find anything.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 09:29 PM   #3
nlb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4k
Upcoming Travel

Depends of what you looking for ....

If you looking for SS sport models the only chance will be South Korea. YM I & II, Air King, Explorer I & II, Milgauss can be found often in display for the others models it’s more difficult.

Prices there are MRSP and you can get 8% tax refound ...

Ps : At Tokyo you will find a lot of shitty grey dealers stores with tons of brand new SS Dayto, SubC LV, GMT for between 60 to 100% over the MRSP and very nice and beautiful AD store completly empty
nlb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 10:33 AM   #4
davef
"TRF" Member

I`ve visited 10 countries. But Greece is the most amazing country! I’ve been visiting since 1999! But one of my all time highlights was Meteora on the mainland. Those awe-inspiring monasteries sitting perched high on pinnacles of rock. Then the Acheron River, Zagora Gorge, all close to Parga. The islands of Paxos, Anti-Paxos, Symi, Skiathos, all favourites of mine. And I would definitely recommend using Greece Taxi Transfer for a comfortable transfer in Greece.
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 10:36 AM   #5
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
You could spend a weekend just exploring Incheon airport. Great lounges, golf course, ice skating, movie theater, museums, cultural displays, live music, shopping.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 11:42 AM   #6
penguinrolex
"TRF" Member

What are your goals? Are you asking if there are ADs you should visit? Or grey dealers? Are you trying to buy a watch or see watches or just talk watches with staff?
Tokyo grey dealers will have watches you've never seen at an Ad, at high prices.
ADs on that list if countries will have similar stock to ADs in any other country. They won't have scarce watches and they won't sell them to a tourist if they did. They'll gladly sell you a datejust from inventory.
I've been to most of those places. Personally my goals would be to see the city rather than go to an AD who has same inventory I've seen elsewhere. In Tokyo I would check out the used stores if I'm walking nearby, but only to look not to buy.
penguinrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 01:26 PM   #7
DasKptl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
You could spend a weekend just exploring Incheon airport. Great lounges, golf course, ice skating, movie theater, museums, cultural displays, live music, shopping.

Yes, that airport near Seoul was really awesome. I hope the airports in US will catch up some time.

DasKptl is offline   Reply With Quote