The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 April 2019, 10:58 PM   #1
ggonz
"TRF" Member

GMT hand on top of hour hand

I put my 116710LN on this morning and I saw that the GMT hand was directly on top of the hour hand. I freaked out for a second because last night it didn’t look like that and I always thought the hands would stay the same distance apart. But I gave it some thought and I think it’s fine because the GMT hand follows the bezel while the hour hand follows the dial. I kind of answered my own question but still wanted to ask lol. This is normal right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ggonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 11:00 PM   #2
Keepchasing
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Normal. Nice pic!
Keepchasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 11:13 PM   #3
ggonz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepchasing View Post
Normal. Nice pic!

Thank you !!

Old 17 April 2019, 11:22 PM   #4
417WIS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Don't worry, it's normal. Looks like it's 8:44 pm EST (Florida) and the GMT hand is set for PST (3 hours behind). That's why the GMT hand shows 1744 hrs.

BTW - Great watch. I set my Explorer GMT hand to show UTC.
417WIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 11:28 PM   #5
417WIS
"TRF" Member

Wait a minute... If that's from this morning then the GMT time should read 0544 hrs on the bezel to correctly correspond to 8:44 in the morning EST.
Old 17 April 2019, 11:33 PM   #6
ggonz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417WIS View Post
Don't worry, it's normal. Looks like it's 8:44 EST (Florida) and the GMT hand is set for PST (3 hours behind). That's why the GMT hand shows 1744 hrs.

BTW - Great watch. I set my Explorer GMT hand to show UTC.

I’m not going to lie, I just set the local time and I left the GMT hand to display whatever. But I don’t think it’s in PST, I took the picture at 8:44 AM EST so PST would be 5:44 AM, no? This is 5:44 PM to the best of my knowledge. When I picked it up from the AD the guy set the GMT hand to like Greek time but I had to reset it because the power reserve died on me once. So I’m not sure what we ended with.

Old 17 April 2019, 11:34 PM   #7
ggonz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wait a minute... If that's from this morning then the GMT time should read 0544 hrs on the bezel to correctly correspond to 8:44 in the morning EST.

Oh I just saw this after explaining my concern haha. Yeah that’s what I think it is. Just not sure which time zone it is exactly

Old 17 April 2019, 11:35 PM   #8
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
The GMT hand can be set to coincide with any of 24 time zones. At 08:45 it should be at almost the 9 on the bezel. It's set 9 hours fast for what ever reason. Set it to what you'd like to track with the 24 hour hand. It looks like you're traveling to Iran (or there abouts).

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 11:37 PM   #9
417WIS
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=ggonz;9551638]I’m not going to lie, I just set the local time and I left the GMT hand to display whatever. But I don’t think it’s in PST, I took the picture at 8:44 AM EST so PST would be 5:44 AM, no? This is 5:44 PM to the best of my knowledge. When I picked it up from the AD the guy set the GMT hand to like Greek time but I had to reset it because the power reserve died on me once. So I’m not sure what we ended with.

Okay. Just move the GMT hand 12 hours and it will be correct at PST. I'm not sure how it's done on a 6-digit model, but on my old Explorer II I think its the first position when pulling out the crown.
Old 17 April 2019, 11:41 PM   #10
ggonz
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=417WIS;9551650]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggonz View Post
I’m not going to lie, I just set the local time and I left the GMT hand to display whatever. But I don’t think it’s in PST, I took the picture at 8:44 AM EST so PST would be 5:44 AM, no? This is 5:44 PM to the best of my knowledge. When I picked it up from the AD the guy set the GMT hand to like Greek time but I had to reset it because the power reserve died on me once. So I’m not sure what we ended with.

Okay. Just move the GMT hand 12 hours and it will be correct at PST. I'm not sure how it's done on a 6-digit model, but on my old Explorer II I think its the first position when pulling out the crown.

On this one I think what you do is pull it out to the third position. It adjusts the minute hand and with it I think the GMT hand moves. Then push it into second position and it’s a quick adjustment of the hour hand (doesn’t move the minute or GMT hands and it changes the date both ways - unlike the submariner) and then you have both time zones set.

Old 17 April 2019, 11:45 PM   #11
dannyp
Banned

Quote:

OP needs to move the 24hr hand back 12 hours, which has the crown pulled all the way out. Whether the 12hr hand needs further adjustment will depend on the date.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 11:48 PM   #12
417WIS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
OP needs to move the 24hr hand back 12 hours, which has the crown pulled all the way out. Whether the 12hr hand needs further adjustment will depend on the date.