ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 May 2019, 08:40 PM   #1
sahcivan
Banned

Watch: ing you watch me
Dublin, Ireland next weekend

Providing my passport turns up!!!!

Im off to Dublin next week

Does anybody have any recommendations of things to do out there ?
sahcivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 09:25 PM   #2
PackPride
"TRF" Member

Jameson and Guinness Tours if you are into that kind of thing. Great walking downtown area to wander and explore
PackPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 09:34 PM   #3
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

The "Hop on Hop off" red bus tours are pretty good. You should go to see the Cathedrals. Go to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells. You won't see much of the book as it's only open on certain pages at a time but giving the age of it the details and condition of it are absolutely incredible.
If going drinking stay away from Temple Bar as it's really just an expensive tourist trap. It's worth a walk around though to say you've done it. Visit Stephen's green, south William street, grafton street areas for pubs.
Doheny & Nesbitts on Baggot Street just beside St. Stephen's Green has just won the best pub in Ireland competition.

What are your plans for Ireland? Where will you visit/how long will you be there?

Cheers
Old 19 May 2019, 10:31 PM   #4
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

Take a trip to Howth and go for a hike from the top down into town. Beautiful scenery and you can finish with some terrific seafood for lunch.

IG @timepieceluvr
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 01:43 AM   #5
mrricks
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Bring a small umbrella and waterproof shoes. There’s a reason Ireland has “40 shades of green “.
Old 20 May 2019, 03:05 AM   #6
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Hope you get good weather when you’re there. I’ve been lucky and had nice weather the few times I’ve been to Dublin. I would say stop by Brazen Head for a pint after walking around the city. I agree to stay away from Temple Bar. If you want a nice pint, look for a small bar, grab a seat at the bar and enjoy the company of some locals. In my experience they are always friendly and enjoy having a conversation. Enjoy your time!
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 11:21 AM   #7
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

I’d echo the stay away from temple bar. Mulligans of Poolbeg St, Doheny & Nesbitt, Kehoes or McDaids are all better choices. If you want some “diddley-eye”, as tourists often do, then maybe shoot for the Cobblestone in Smithfield.
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 07:42 AM   #8
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Subscribed... Going this November and need advice too. Might try to get in a round or two of golf too.

Keep the recommendations coming!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 12:30 PM   #9
Blockmaster
"TRF" Member

Highly recommend Howth, it’s a easy train ride from Dublin and you can do the whole hike along the sea in 3-4 hours.

Also a day trip to do a Wiklow Tour is easy and good way to see the countryside, which is probably the best part of Ireland.

Definitely go to Guiness
Blockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:38 PM   #10
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Hop on a bus to the North and see the Giants Causeway, Carrick a Rope Bridge and Belfast, which is a great city! Or visit my family in Rathfriland, County Down and see a true fishing community where the locals will welcome you with open arms!

The Cliffs of Moher are a must, Ring of Kerry is always a site to behold. Galway Bay and Salt Hill have a truer traditional Irish feel.

If your looking for the countryside, the Midlands (Offaly, Roscommon, West Meath) are very lush and the people are fantastic.

But most of all, get out of Dublin. It is not a true example of Ireland. More so a tourist trap like NYC, or any other metropolis.
Beo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 04:05 AM   #11
Sarajevo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600371701
Would agree with the above recommendations, esp. re Temple Bar. It is a dump.

Really depends on what you want to do - culture, drinking, nature, all of the above.. The Irish Museum of Modern Art in Kilmainham Gaol is great. Phoenix Park is amazing and you can see Áras an Uachtaráin, the official residence of the Irish President, which is very close to the US Ambassador's residence, and are pretty impressive.

Trinity College Dublin is very impressive too - towards the back, there are 17th century buildings, the Rubrics.
Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote