The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 5 July 2013, 08:09 PM   #361
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Time for an update!

Welcome Nick Gogas aka Greekbum to the Green Star staus sellers list.

Thanks Frogman4me, 77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu for your references, you have been added to the Purchase Reference list for your refered seller/s. Have also added Bobswatches (www.bobswatches.com/vintage-rolex-1.html) to the sellers awaiting recommendations list.

I have also split the sellers awaiting recommendations into two categories(below the green star staus sellers) so as to differentiate between those awaiting one recommendation for Green star status and those yet to be tried and tested.

Enjoy friends!

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member (member should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) making a recommendation will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me )
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE]

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2013, 05:53 AM   #362
GVmil
"TRF" Member

Reference for Tempus Fugit in NYC

I just purchased a Rolex Bombay, circa 1953, from George of Tempus Fugit on Friday. I researched him within my group of NYC vintage Rolex owners/collectors and was not disappointed. Went in looking for a vintage Air-King for a milestone birthday within the family and when we found the Bombay.
George is obviously knowledgable, has a number of excellent vintage Rolexes (and other brands) on hand and is a collector himself.
I recommend him without reservation

Milgauss GV, TT Daytona, 5513 Sub, 1675 GMT, SS/WG TOG, Panerai 233K, Sinn U1 Black
GVmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2013, 08:17 PM   #363
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVmil View Post
I just purchased a Rolex Bombay, circa 1953, from George of Tempus Fugit on Friday. I researched him within my group of NYC vintage Rolex owners/collectors and was not disappointed. Went in looking for a vintage Air-King for a milestone birthday within the family and when we found the Bombay.
George is obviously knowledgable, has a number of excellent vintage Rolexes (and other brands) on hand and is a collector himself.
I recommend him without reservation

Thanks for the recommendation and nice to know, please increase your post contribution to the Vintage Rolex section of this forum to 50 and will add it in.

Old 9 July 2013, 12:18 PM   #364
GBruno
"TRF" Member

Thanks - i will consider getting them together for the site...need some pics and a present appraisal.
cheer-GBruno
GBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2013, 08:42 PM   #365
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Just keeping this post at the end for easy access!

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member (member should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) making a recommendation will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me )

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE]

Old 16 July 2013, 03:26 AM   #366
Jonwhite
"TRF" Member

My vote should count now... I think!
+1 for Mike Wood
Jonwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2013, 08:12 PM   #367
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonwhite View Post
My vote should count now... I think!
+1 for Mike Wood

Thanks Jonwhite, you have 20 posts in the vintage section, only another 30 to go!

Old 22 July 2013, 08:15 PM   #368
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Just moving this post to thread end for easy access!

Old 23 July 2013, 01:48 PM   #369
mikkibarry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
I'm a bit confused. I'm a forum regular and I've purchased from Zaf Basha and would recommend him highly.
mikkibarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2013, 06:03 PM   #370
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkibarry View Post
I'm a bit confused. I'm a forum regular and I've purchased from Zaf Basha and would recommend him highly.
Thanks for the referal Mikki, purchased a vintage Rolex from Zaf?

Old 23 July 2013, 06:27 PM   #371
Mark020
"TRF" Member

1) Had a perfect transaction with Kirill and 2) Andrew Shear changed his ebay name to Amazing_Watches.
Mark020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2013, 07:17 PM   #372
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
1) Had a perfect transaction with Kirill and 2) Andrew Shear changed his ebay name to Amazing_Watches.
Thanks for the referrals Mark. Just reconfirming if you bought a vintage Rolex from Kirill?
I think Andrews official website (http://www.sheartime.com) is where the recommendations are for the best pieces he has, so wouldn't want to recommend Ebay names in here unless that's the only point of sale for a seller.

Old 23 July 2013, 08:41 PM   #373
Mark020
"TRF" Member

Yes I did: a 1971 Rolex 1601.

Understand the point of the website but I pointed this out because I was confused myself regarding the ebay name :-)

And I see that Mike Wood is awaiting a recommendation: I bought a very nice dial from Mike in a flawless transaction.
Mark020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2013, 01:15 AM   #374
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
Yes I did: a 1971 Rolex 1601.

Understand the point of the website but I pointed this out because I was confused myself regarding the ebay name :-)

And I see that Mike Wood is awaiting a recommendation: I bought a very nice dial from Mike in a flawless transaction.

Thanks Mark, will count that in. Also, sorry, can't count vintage Rolex parts as a referral but good to know.

Cheers,
San

Old 28 July 2013, 01:25 AM   #375
fforte393
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6424 Big Oyster
Hi All,

www.vintagetime.com - Bill Porter (purchased a LeCoultre Powermatic from them, good shape)

www.darlor-watch.com

www.watchestobuy.com

www.timeman.net
fforte393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2013, 11:19 PM   #376
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fforte393 View Post
Hi All,

www.vintagetime.com - Bill Porter (purchased a LeCoultre Powermatic from them, good shape)

www.darlor-watch.com

www.watchestobuy.com

www.timeman.net

Thanks mate, do increase your post count in the vintage Rolex section for referals!

Old 30 July 2013, 11:23 PM   #377
fforte393
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6424 Big Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks mate, do increase your post count in the vintage Rolex section for referals!
Not a problem, didn't see those dealers on here in the first few pages so I figured I would share them.

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
fforte393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2013, 11:25 PM   #378
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fforte393 View Post
Not a problem, didn't see those dealers on here in the first few pages so I figured I would share them.

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 2 August 2013, 11:30 AM   #379
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantracarol View Post
I haven't heard of the people you listed above,,,but may helpful in future,so,thanks a lot..!!
Thanks and welcome!

Old 9 August 2013, 08:33 AM   #380
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
San,

Steve Mulholland has been banned from selling on a couple sites now and according to many posts from buyers, he has refused to deliver the goods or return messages. I would not recommend him, nor consider him a trusted seller.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 09:28 AM   #381
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
San,

Steve Mulholland has been banned from selling on a couple sites now and according to many posts from buyers, he has refused to deliver the goods or return messages. I would not recommend him, nor consider him a trusted seller.
Hi John, thanks. He's been taken off the list a long time before that incident with his recent troubles, when there was an issue with a member here. You will find a reference to that a few pages before this one. Note that the latest updates to the list are the current ones, can't edit older posts.

Edit: Hi John, here's the post, was on 12th June 2012
http://rolexforums.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=191

Old 10 August 2013, 12:31 PM   #382
Michael M.
Banned

I've dealt with Jacek, A+!!
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2013, 06:40 AM   #383
watchchillin
Banned

Watch: 2499
I don't want to open a can of worms BUT

I had a bad experience with 2 of the Green * sellers. I don't want to create problems or give bad reputations so just letting others know not to just take others' words for their integrity. Know what you're buying and do your own research carefully so you don't become a sucker!

Chillin
watchchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2013, 11:21 AM   #384
Dsaltydog
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Another epic, smooth as silk, transaction with Andrew Shear, truly a gentleman, and trusted seller. Actually received the Fed Ex tracking prior to my wire hitting his account. A truly "TRUSTED SELLER"
Old 12 August 2013, 09:48 AM   #385
cruvon
"TRF" Member

del

Old 12 August 2013, 09:49 AM   #386
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. View Post
I've dealt with Jacek, A+!!
Thanks for the reference Michael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchchillin View Post
I had a bad experience with 2 of the Green * sellers. I don't want to create problems or give bad reputations so just letting others know not to just take others' words for their integrity. Know what you're buying and do your own research carefully so you don't become a sucker!
Chillin
As have mentioned repeatedly in the list, I do fully agree with you that this list is just a starting point and everyone does need to do additional research on both the buyer and a particular watch they are interested in buying. Offcourse we would love to know who the sellers you mentioned are so if you do change your mind and want to share, please do start a thread in the vintage section detailing the issues and we can take it from there. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsaltydog View Post
Another epic, smooth as silk, transaction with Andrew Shear, truly a gentleman, and trusted seller. Actually received the Fed Ex tracking prior to my wire hitting his account. A truly "TRUSTED SELLER"
Thanks for the referal David!

Old 12 August 2013, 12:58 PM   #387
bde
"TRF" Member

Watch: -aholics anonymous
I had a wonderful experience with Jacek, and the entire staff at H.Q. Milton. Top notch all the way! I would, and look forward to, buying from them again!
bde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2013, 01:36 PM   #388
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bde View Post
I had a wonderful experience with Jacek, and the entire staff at H.Q. Milton. Top notch all the way! I would, and look forward to, buying from them again!
Thanks for the reference Brad!

Old 20 August 2013, 02:24 AM   #389
Beef
"TRF" Member

I have had excellent experiences with vintage purchases from: Jacek and HQ Milton, Ken Jacobs at wannabuyawatch, Kirill, my most recent 5513 and Jared, ponycar350 a recent 1675 Pepsi. Thanks!
Old 20 August 2013, 11:35 AM   #390
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef View Post
I have had excellent experiences with vintage purchases from: Jacek and HQ Milton, Ken Jacobs at wannabuyawatch, Kirill, my most recent 5513 and Jared, ponycar350 a recent 1675 Pepsi. Thanks!
Thanks mate, please increase your post count in the vintage section for me to add in the recommendations, which vintages did you get from Jacek,Ken Jacobs and Kirill?

Cheers