Old 11 January 2013, 12:29 PM   #15121
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Accent? Just borrow mine. "Geee, A-yeff, Ahhh, Ay-ess."
Boy would I love to hear you sing YMCA!
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 12:45 PM   #15122
chicfarmer1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Midsize Datejust
Oh yes on cactus teapot, L.

Let me get that Mexico cloth laundered, and I will take a pic and post it. It was for a little birthday celebration. I don't look a whole year older, right?
chicfarmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 12:55 PM   #15123
mikkibarry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
It was rather funny, waltzing into the super expensive watch shop wearing jeans and a crappy top, leather jacket, no make up, got looked at askance. "May I HELP you?" from the guy in the purple tie and matching hanky. Stared at by the armed guard. "Yes, please.. do you service Chopard?" Suddenly sour look disappears, man smiles and tells me how wonderful his watchmaker is, and of course they're a Chopard dealer and they'll send it right off, and by the way our watchmaker is Rolex trained and all these other watches are so pretty and nice but only a Rolex can be worn anywhere, even in the shower and you never have to worry about it. *deep breath* Oh, and look at the cool new Chopards, and look at these Bell and whatever things, they look just like an aircraft altimeter, except for the pirate one that's just damn ugly. And oh, you like the JLCs and how do you like your Yachtmaster and... *deep breath* Yo dude, calm down, k? :-)

He had a very nice DateJust that he said he had for 20 years with no problems ever. Then he remarked that he liked having educated customers :-). If he only knew...
mikkibarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 01:28 PM   #15124
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkibarry View Post
It was rather funny, waltzing into the super expensive watch shop wearing jeans and a crappy top, leather jacket, no make up, got looked at askance. "May I HELP you?" from the guy in the purple tie and matching hanky. Stared at by the armed guard. "Yes, please.. do you service Chopard?" Suddenly sour look disappears, man smiles and tells me how wonderful his watchmaker is, and of course they're a Chopard dealer and they'll send it right off, and by the way our watchmaker is Rolex trained and all these other watches are so pretty and nice but only a Rolex can be worn anywhere, even in the shower and you never have to worry about it. *deep breath* Oh, and look at the cool new Chopards, and look at these Bell and whatever things, they look just like an aircraft altimeter, except for the pirate one that's just damn ugly. And oh, you like the JLCs and how do you like your Yachtmaster and... *deep breath* Yo dude, calm down, k? :-)

He had a very nice DateJust that he said he had for 20 years with no problems ever. Then he remarked that he liked having educated customers :-). If he only knew...

Sounds like a pretty good experience.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 01:46 PM   #15125
Evil bendy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I just had déjà vu :) sounds like the first time I went to my AD....
Evil bendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 01:49 PM   #15126
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Great experience indeed! I know I've been well treated almost everytime I went into an AD. It's quite impressive to have a lovely lady in her 40's handing you a 20k Patek Philippe Calatrava in downtown Zurich and treating you with respect when you wear nothing more than baggy jeans and a sweat shirt...surely it shows that not everybody judge people only by their looks and clothes!

- André Fortin
Old 11 January 2013, 01:53 PM   #15127
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Educated sales people and educated customers are a winning combination!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 10:04 PM   #15128
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Have a good day CS folks.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 10:34 PM   #15129
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Have a good day CS folks.
Have a good day Art!

- André Fortin
Old 11 January 2013, 10:47 PM   #15130
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Will do, Art. I see laundry on the horizon. Lots and lots.
Old 12 January 2013, 12:34 AM   #15131
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I'll put mine on your porch.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 12:55 AM   #15132
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Hi All,
Just catching up.....mikkibarry, since I wear jeans and a T-Shirt with a flannel shirt in the wintertime(Birkenstocks in the Spring and Summertime) and have a longish beard I do get ignored in some high end jewelry stores. And the security guards also give me the evil eye and follow me around. So I play the game do not get waited on and leave after looking around. I'll go back in a month or so get the same treatment and ask to see the manager. Once he or she realizes I wear a Rolex and Hearts On fire diamonds their attitude changes to one of how can we be of assistance...can I get you a latte or something to eat!!!

I explain very politely and diplomatically that due to your policies of judging people by their appearance that I will continue to consider them for my needs but at this time I am out looking for diamonds or a watch for my wife and am checking out my possibilities. Then I explain that there are establishments(their competition down the street)which treat each customer with respect and kindness and that they as a company should possibly review their policies and 'perceived judgement' of a person who walks in their door off the street...I thank them for their time and leave.....

Now where I did by my Rolexes and Diamonds...the first time I entered their store I was greeted with warmth, respect and kindness, regardless of how I was dressed and they have received most all of my purchases from that point forward. In this day and age I know others treat us still by our 'first appearance/presence' but you never know about a person until you talk with them and get to know them......btw I have never ever gone back to that one store and never will!!!

Take it easy.....Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 01:23 AM   #15133
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
I'll put mine on your porch.
Well, just be sure they're labeled.
Old 12 January 2013, 02:11 AM   #15134
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Lisa, maybe that kind cleaning lady needs to come twice per week.
Old 12 January 2013, 02:18 AM   #15135
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Hi All,
Just catching up.....mikkibarry, since I wear jeans and a T-Shirt with a flannel shirt in the wintertime(Birkenstocks in the Spring and Summertime) and have a longish beard I do get ignored in some high end jewelry stores. And the security guards also give me the evil eye and follow me around. So I play the game do not get waited on and leave after looking around. I'll go back in a month or so get the same treatment and ask to see the manager. Once he or she realizes I wear a Rolex and Hearts On fire diamonds their attitude changes to one of how can we be of assistance...can I get you a latte or something to eat!!!

I explain very politely and diplomatically that due to your policies of judging people by their appearance that I will continue to consider them for my needs but at this time I am out looking for diamonds or a watch for my wife and am checking out my possibilities. Then I explain that there are establishments(their competition down the street)which treat each customer with respect and kindness and that they as a company should possibly review their policies and 'perceived judgement' of a person who walks in their door off the street...I thank them for their time and leave.....

Now where I did by my Rolexes and Diamonds...the first time I entered their store I was greeted with warmth, respect and kindness, regardless of how I was dressed and they have received most all of my purchases from that point forward. In this day and age I know others treat us still by our 'first appearance/presence' but you never know about a person until you talk with them and get to know them......btw I have never ever gone back to that one store and never will!!!

Take it easy.....Leo
Leo, you would be treated well around here. Once of the richest guys I know has long hair down to his waist. He just sold a bunch of Rolexs to DavidSW so now wears an LV, wore a Tudor Chrono for years. Buys over a million dollars worth of Audi and Porches every year, owns many homes and just looks like a bum. He wears only shorts and button shirts that are of high quality for those who know cloths. Lots of guys look like that around here, lots of athletes and such. Sales folks around here know that.
Old 12 January 2013, 04:21 AM   #15136
mikkibarry
"TRF" Member

Art and Leo: what you said. Only one thing I've found is that women seem to be held to a different standard re: appearance. I didn't notice it so much when I was a young thang, but now I really do notice it and get rather put out. Back in the day when I worked in a high end camera shop, the ones who looked the scruffiest often had the wad of cash to buy a Leica, so I try never to judge that way, and I'm sure that there are many scruffy types who wander into jewelry shops just to gawk and drool and waste the salesperson's time, but as one should never underestimate your opponent, I try never to underestimate my customer/client/etc. either. The only time I even bother to wear a suit and heels is when I've got to go to a meeting at the office. Otherwise, I work from home and dress accordingly. Thank the gods there's no video conferencing cuz they'd be askared :-)

Ah, the good old days when I worked in software companies and wore jeans and a t shirt to high level meetings. "But I thought you were tech support." Hee hee.
Old 12 January 2013, 04:22 AM   #15137
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Lisa, maybe that kind cleaning lady needs to come twice per week.
I really don't mind doing laundry... she's great about doing the stuff I don't like - like scrubbing bathrooms! Now, I wonder how she would feel about cleaning the hamster and rabbit cages?
Old 12 January 2013, 04:30 AM   #15138
mikkibarry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I really don't mind doing laundry... she's great about doing the stuff I don't like - like scrubbing bathrooms! Now, I wonder how she would feel about cleaning the hamster and rabbit cages?
Mine won't do the parrot cages. *sigh* I just just got the crew back after almost 2 years without when both me and hubby were out of work. Now I can't find anything :-)
Old 12 January 2013, 04:38 AM   #15139
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mine won't do the parrot cages. *sigh* I just just got the crew back after almost 2 years without when both me and hubby were out of work. Now I can't find anything :-)
You mean you can't find people to clean? It was a little difficult making the decision to hire someone, but my sister in law recommended the woman who cleans for her. My SIL is very particular, so I knew this lady would be a good choice if she wanted to take on another customer.

I wouldn't want to have to find someone new.
Old 12 January 2013, 05:45 AM   #15140
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Found this pic of my mom when we were going through stuff before the estate sale. She was 17. What a pretty thing she was.

Old 12 January 2013, 06:01 AM   #15141
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Well now we know where you get your looks, Lisa! Lovely indeed! Your new ring looks great on you BTW!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 06:10 AM   #15142
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Thanks, girlie!

I appreciate your advice and patience with my other ring situation, too!
Old 12 January 2013, 06:18 AM   #15143
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, girlie!

I appreciate your advice and patience with my other ring situation, too!
No problem L! Anytime girl!
Old 12 January 2013, 06:21 AM   #15144
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Found this pic of my mom when we were going through stuff before the estate sale. She was 17. What a pretty thing she was.

Lovely lady, and ring.
Old 12 January 2013, 06:23 AM   #15145
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Yes Lisa, your mum was very pretty.

Really loving your ring, I know nothing about rings, but is reminding me of Princess Diana and now Kate middleton's engagement ring.

The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 06:39 AM   #15146
Lisa
"TRF" Member

You know, Wes - as I've been making the rounds at the jewelry shops this week many sales people have said that's what EVERYONE wants these days. There are even displays advertising "Kate Rings." We Americans love the British Royalty!

Now, I didn't purposefully try to emulate the poor-man's version of Kate and Diana's style, but those ladies did have good taste.
Old 12 January 2013, 06:43 AM   #15147
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You know, Wes - as I've been making the rounds at the jewelry shops this week many sales people have said that's what EVERYONE wants these days. There are even displays advertising "Kate Rings." We Americans love the British Royalty!

Now, I didn't purposefully try to emulate the poor-man's version of Kate and Diana's style, but those ladies did have good taste.
Oh yes!
Old 12 January 2013, 09:58 AM   #15148
rfknauss
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513 Sub, LV Sub
Quote:

Lisa ..... what a very beautiful lady!

"Few things in life give man as great a pleasure as wearing a Rolex!"

TRF's "AFTER DARK" Bar & NightClub Patron
rfknauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 10:03 AM   #15149
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
Boy would I love to hear you sing YMCA!
WYYY eeeYUM CEEE AYYEE