The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 February 2017, 01:11 AM   #1
goldenpauls
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060M
Ebay UK successes/failures ?

Hi all, I am sure I saw a similar Ebay thread late last year but have failed to find it using the search function.......probably a fault in me and not the search functionality

I have thought of selling my Explorer II Polar 16570 (2006 D) for a few months but didn't do anything about it. I looked at the forum guidelines here and think all I would have to do is make my donation to become a Pledge member, then put it in the FS section (would appreciate it if someone could confirm it is as simple as that !!).........but I had an Ebay offer last week with max £1 selling fee so thought I would put it on and see what happens.

Hopefully I took the right precautions ie will only meet in person, preferably at a jeweller/AD, payment by bank transfer on collection, if cash meet at bank and pay in before handing watch over. Will not use Paypal as I have read on here before about scammers who buy a genuine watch, replace the movement/bracelet with fake ones then claim a full refund & return it !!

Anyway, it has well over 100 views and 6 watchers (no pun intended) so will update post on Sunday evening when it ends. It will be interesting to see if Ebay is successful and/or if I come across any problems, but if anyone has any additional advice or experiences please let me know.

The watch itself is great but I bought it in May last year so that I had a white dial watch to alternate with my Sub 14060M - (5 digit fan here ).......but I just don't love it enough and hardly ever wear it.

I won't put any links to the Ebay listing here as I don't think its allowed.........but if any UK member would like to know more feel free to PM me..........
goldenpauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 01:27 AM   #2
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Ebay can be good as long as you sell collection in person and get paid as you say via bank transfer or cash in a safe place.

Just a heads up I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets closed as advertising sales here not welcomed, so may be best to edit the post a little.

Good luck on your sale! Only other thing would be local ads and local Facebook selling pages.
Old 18 February 2017, 04:20 AM   #3
goldenpauls
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060M
Hi Dave, hopefully it won't as I have deliberately tried not to make it a sale post.........really just trying to see if I have missed anything to look out for and whether there have been many UK Ebay success or failure stories.....

Thanks for the info though.

Paul.
goldenpauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 09:35 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Sounds like you are taking the right precautions with cash on collection so hope it all goes well. Best to have a friend or two with you. When meeting just make sure you turn up very early and beware of your surroundings, esp if the deal falls thru and you have to take the watch home alone.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote