The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 February 2017, 09:23 AM   #1
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Any advice on Cancun???

I'm taking my first trip next week to Cancun with my wife, Daytona C, and BLNR (no kids). Any advice on food, shopping, activities, etc. Thanks in advance!!!
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 09:27 AM   #2
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
what hotel are you staying at?

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Investr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
what hotel are you staying at?
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Old 18 February 2017, 09:35 AM   #4
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Rick, I've been to Cancun a total of 11 times so there are a few pointers I could give you .. The best fancy restaurant I've eaten at while in CUN is Les Cepages which is outside of the Hotel Zone.

The second restaurant for authentic Mexican is "La Parrillada" also off the Hotel Zone.

The best shopping mall is La Isla , is on the Hotel Zone close to KM 11 I believe. There you'll find everything you can think of. A very nice AD, Ultra Jewels. (VAT refunds, good prices) Ask for Armando Capistrano.

I would only bring ONE watch and wear it everywhere. I'd do BLNR. You don't want the headache of dealing with the Hotels Vault (you have to wait in line in the lobby until a manager comes and gets you the key)

The Hotel Zone is very safe, you can walk around without a care in the world. If you do decide to venture into the city, hire a private car. They'll bring you everywhere.

For activities, Xcaret Is a must, XelHa , I'm not a fan of. Xochimilco Is also a fun adventure.

If you want to see some sights, rent a car (best rates are through the hotels concierge) and drive into Yucatan to Chichen Itza vía the Paid Road - Not the Free one (Bring Cash)

Make sure while you're in Chichen Itza, go to the nearby town of Piste and try the "cochinita"

I can't think of much more other than have a great time and be safe! Hopefully you come back with another watch and some delicious tequila !

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 18 February 2017, 09:37 AM   #5
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
PS. Anything else you may want to know, just ask :) I forgot about Playa del Carmen and Punta Sur at Isla Mujeres (Amazing sights and freshly fried fish) - Tulum is nice too and are all within distance.

Old 18 February 2017, 09:39 AM   #6
Investr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
Rick, I've been to Cancun a total of 11 times so there are a few pointers I could give you .. The best fancy restaurant I've eaten at while in CUN is Les Cepages which is outside of the Hotel Zone.

The second restaurant for authentic Mexican is "La Parrillada" also off the Hotel Zone.

The best shopping mall is La Isla , is on the Hotel Zone close to KM 11 I believe. There you'll find everything you can think of. A very nice AD, Ultra Jewels. (VAT refunds, good prices) Ask for Armando Capistrano.

I would only bring ONE watch and wear it everywhere. I'd do BLNR. You don't want the headache of dealing with the Hotels Vault (you have to wait in line in the lobby until a manager comes and gets you the key)

The Hotel Zone is very safe, you can walk around without a care in the world. If you do decide to venture into the city, hire a private car. They'll bring you everywhere.

For activities, Xcaret Is a must, XelHa , I'm not a fan of. Xochimilco Is also a fun adventure.

If you want to see some sights, rent a car (best rates are through the hotels concierge) and drive into Yucatan to Chichen Itza vía the Paid Road - Not the Free one (Bring Cash)

Make sure while you're in Chichen Itza, go to the nearby town of Piste and try the "cochinita"

I can't think of much more other than have a great time and be safe! Hopefully you come back with another watch and some delicious tequila !

Strong advice my man!!! Thanks a ton! Not sure if I can leave the Daytona behind, as this was going to be his first vacation.....
Old 18 February 2017, 10:12 AM   #7
swils8610
2024 Pledge Member

Only bring the watch on your wrist and don't take it off for any reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 11:12 AM   #8
Investr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
Only bring the watch on your wrist and don't take it off for any reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of I guess you guys are right.....:( I just broke the news to the Daytona that he staying. BLNR it is!!!!
Old 18 February 2017, 01:03 PM   #9
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

Nevis
HorologyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 01:51 PM   #10
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
If you don't want to travel to Chichen Itza since it is a bit of a drive, you can head to Coba and which is close to Tulum. Last time I was there you could still climb to the top. Rent a bike there if you do go. If you do go to Chichen Itza, get there early to beat the crowds and get nice photos without a bunch of tourists in them.

Also since you would be in the area check out a cenote, such a Dos Ojos or Grand Cenote. You can snorkel if you aren't into diving. On the way back to Cancun stop at Akumal for some fish tacos. I think it was called Lucy's Kitchen.

For dinner, I did enjoy La Habichuela in downtown Cancun.

Have fun
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 02:32 PM   #11
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Rick try the restaurant Puerto Madero, pretty cool Rolex AD in Cancun too.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote