The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 August 2022, 09:45 AM   #1
soonasu
"TRF" Member

Availability of PM Speedies

Hey all!

Relatively new to Omega, so please excuse my ignorance. Im thinking about buying a PM Speedie (one of the new Moonshine or Sedna models) for an upcoming special occasion. They don't seem to be formally a LE, but are they particularly hard to get/allocation only?

I would have guessed no given the huge price jump between a PM Speedie and the base model, but I figured it's better to ask!
soonasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 09:55 AM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Sedna and Canopus aren’t really hard to get. The Moonshines are since they’re still new. I know the NYC 5th Avenue boutique will normally have the Sedna and Canopus on hand. Most other boutiques in the US will need to order them for you. It should take like less than a month for them to get it. This is for the Sedna and Canopus only. I can’t speak for the Moonshine.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 09:58 AM   #3
soonasu
"TRF" Member

Sounds good. I'm between the Moonshine Panda and the Sedna, so if the Moonshine is extremely hard to get I'll just get the Sedna.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 8 August 2022, 10:18 AM   #4
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonasu View Post
Sounds good. I'm between the Moonshine Panda and the Sedna, so if the Moonshine is extremely hard to get I'll just get the Sedna.

Thanks for the advice!
If you really want the Moonshine Panda, call up your nearest boutique and let them know. I'm sure they could pull some strings get it for you with a reasonable wait. If you need it by tomorrow or something like that, then that's another story.
Old 8 August 2022, 10:30 AM   #5
soonasu
"TRF" Member

Hard to tell sight unseen. I am also wary of putting down a possible 40k deposit; I am not opposed to the practice in general, but thats a significant amount of money. I also have bigger priorities at the moment, but figured that if it was going to be a very in demand model I should put my name down first.

Id also be happy with a Sedna I think, so its not a big deal (although if a Sedna panda came out, I would be very intrigued).
Old 8 August 2022, 10:45 AM   #6
TomInNJ
"TRF" Member

I was in the Fifth Avenue boutique about a month/six weeks ago. They had one Moonshine Speedy that had been sent over from Switzerland for a special viewing event, and was being sent back. It was supposedly the only one in America at that time. They had taken orders for about 15 of them at that point, with no idea how long it would take to fulfill the orders. So I’m guessing it will be a bit before they are readily available.
TomInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 10:52 AM   #7
soonasu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInNJ View Post
I was in the Fifth Avenue boutique about a month/six weeks ago. They had one Moonshine Speedy that had been sent over from Switzerland for a special viewing event, and was being sent back. It was supposedly the only one in America at that time. They had taken orders for about 15 of them at that point, with no idea how long it would take to fulfill the orders. So I’m guessing it will be a bit before they are readily available.
Thats also fine. Im in no particular rush and have other things I like equally to the Speedy.

Do you think it will eventually become generally available? My main concern is that it will be an allocation piece in the future, in which case I might as well swing it now.

My main issue is that, as of right now, the only Omega I like is the Speedmaster, and of the Speedmasters that I want, I want one SS and one PM. I imagine a 321 PM would be more of an allocation thing than a regular 3861 PM Speedy though (although I prefer the 3861 PM speedy personally).
Old 8 August 2022, 11:01 AM   #8
texasmade
"TRF" Member

If you have the money to pay up for a PM 321, I think they would open up a waitlist spot for you. It's not like there is a long customer list for the Canopus or Platinum 321.
Old 8 August 2022, 11:04 AM   #9
soonasu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
If you have the money to pay up for a PM 321, I think they would open up a waitlist spot for you. It's not like there is a long customer list for the Canopus or Platinum 321.
I actually prefer the aesthetics of the 3861 PMs! Just hard to tell as a newcomer to Omega how the boutique structures their product, esp. coming from Rolex.

It seems I shouldnt be too concerned about general availability of anything except Snoopies and the Ed White 321!
Old 8 August 2022, 12:18 PM   #10
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Love the pm speedies but the upcharge is pretty strong....more than 5x than the steel counterpart is a big ask IMHO
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 05:11 PM   #11
Alex_TA
"TRF" Member

On strap it's much cheaper. And looks better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex_TA is offline   Reply With Quote