The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 1 February 2020, 12:37 AM   #151
APforlife
"TRF" Member

Before i start i would like to state:
This is entirely my opinion only, Purely speculation only.
Not to be used as financial advice when making financial decisions to this person's business in future.
(Laymen terms, I don't want to be sue'd for outing a potential scammer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjohnhuo View Post
I have a feeling he wasn't aware this is a fake himself. He has a big presence online and goes out of his way to make vids showing fakes vs real and other top notch vids.

Maybe a genuine mistake.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
You could be right, or you could be wrong and he used his online presence to help make his sell's easier and less obvious.

We need people who have purchased hate to say it 'higher end' pieces verified... Because if this was all an elaborate scam (Which im not saying it was/is) the cheaper priced item's he sold could've all been legitimate and he would throw in one of these big pieces every now and then.
-All the people he purchased the lower price range stuff all say he's legit
(But then you even have multiple people stating in thread's they had bad experiences with him)
-Large following on IG
-Videos outlining fake's vs real

If you're a beginner buyer and you question the authenticity you'd feel alittle belitted because of this guy's 'reputation' that he so much care's about... but shipped a Rolex Daytona worth over $25,000 with a blatantly fake band...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooniewant View Post
I’ve conversed with him a number of times. I have also tried to source a watch for an associate of his, however it was shipped to another buyer before the funds were cleared in Geneva and there wasn’t another piece arriving for months. These things do happen through suppliers. The money was returned to the buyer.

This is a fascinating thread and it doesn’t look good for Chris. I joined AWBSS very early in the piece and can confirm the absolutely ridiculous level of monitoring, like they bred this whole crew of kooks who would die to pay anything for a steel Rolex. Any hint of negativity was squashed and the user banned instantly which I always found utterly pathetic. People have a right to share their opinion and it was frustrating to watch a handful of overzealous and power tripping moderators wield there block button.

I’ve openly voiced my distaste for the group online and this story definitely needs to be told to the wider audience. Fortunately, I have the platform to do it. I’m going to reach out to Chris and ask him what has occurred, let him explain. Then I’ll write an article. If you’ve got mates in Australia who have also been scammed, I’d love a PM.
You're the 2nd person on here to bring up 'banning' of people...

I myself was banned from AWBSS and i wasn't entirely sure as to why until today...
-Even whilst having multiple transactions (AP & Rolex) with people on the group who would ALL vouch for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louey001 View Post
After reading the thread HOROLOGY HOUSE FAKE ROLEX 116500LN Serial 357Q00K9

I would like to share similar experience with Chris Essery. The only thing I will post on this thread is fact and you can decide for yourself.
I have purchased a 2018 Rolex GMT from him on 3th Sep 2019.
- 3th Sep 2019 $16000 was sent to him, I asked him to post it to me on 20th Sep as I was oversea.
- 23rd Sep, he claimed he sent the watch on this day, and he is oversea.
- 29th Sep, he provided the tracking code, which does not work.
- 1st Oct, He said he is in London and he is going to call the post office to investigate
- 4th Oct, he said he is in Singapore with flight delays
- 6th Oct, he said he cant find the receipt and he is going to claim it on his insurance
- 14th Oct, he said police report has been submitted
- 23rd Oct, he said the insurance company told him it will take two weeks to process the claim
- 6th Nov, “insurance company is still investigating”
- 12th Nov, He said he is going to list a back Daytona for sale and he is going to refund me first once he sell ( I suspect this is the one Shohaib bought)
- 17th Nov, he sold the Daytona but refuse to refund me the fund as “it was a trade, not cash sell”
- 20th Nov, he said he is expecting outcome from “insurance claim” tomorrow
- 3rd Dec, he said he is waiting for the claim money to hit account and he is going to transfer me $8k on the same day. ($8k transfer did not happen)
- 6th Dec, he said two lot of $5.5k was sent to me. (in fact only one lot of $5.5k was received)
- 13rd Dec, he said he is travelling again and asked me to contact him on Whatsapp.
- 13rd Dec, he said he has got another Sea Dweller that he can sell to me for $19k.
- 18th Dec, he said he is in NSW to help friend with bushfire, and will send the rest of the money to me today. ($10500)
- 20th Dec, $5000 refund received. (still $5500 outstanding)
- 20th Dec – 13th Jan, I have sent him 8 message on 5 different days and he has not replied any of the message
- 13th Jan, he sent me a photo showing a house on fire and claimed it to be his parents house and the reason for not reply my message is he is helping them out. He said he will send the rest of the fund first thing in the morning (that did not happen)
- 13th Jan, he said he will sent me a rolex wallet for the troubles (never received)
- 15th Jan, he will send me the fund tomorrow. (didn’t happen again)
- 18th Jan, received $2000 refund (still $3500 outstanding) he said the rest of fund is sending from oversea, and it could up to 5 days to arrive.
- 24th Jan, received $3275.41 refund ($224.59 outstanding), interestingly the fund is from an normal domestic transfer, not an international transfer.
- 25th Jan, received the rest of fund.
- 31st Jan, Chris called me and asked me to keep it confidential.

Like I have said, I have only posted fact in this thread. And all chat history are on my phone.
I have been an very stressful 4.5 months trying to deal with this drama.
Geez sorry to hear, this is not looking good for him at all...
Old 1 February 2020, 12:39 AM   #152
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oysterquartz17000 View Post
Chris's repeated attempts to use the fatal bush fires which have ravaged our country as an excuse utterly appal and disgust me.
This precisely. Unbelievable. Quite frankly, scum
Old 1 February 2020, 12:40 AM   #153
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Like I have said, I have only posted fact in this thread. And all chat history are on my phone.

I can imagine! I get nervous when spending $1600 on a watch bought used online let alone $16000.

I'm so glad you got your money back. To have to wait this long is crazy. If he had your cash what did he spend it on? Who, selling multiple $20k watches, hasn't got cash on hand for a refund?

The bushfires did affect a lot of people so maybe there is some truth in it, I can't can bring myself to think someone is using this as an excuse.

Bushfires or not, what I read seems to be unacceptable behaviour.

I bought my 40th birthday watch recently and didn't realise the watch world had become what it as with the super-fakes and scam artists. I hand not bought a watch on many years and glad I went to an AD.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:40 AM   #154
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Quote:
Originally Posted by oysterquartz17000 View Post
Chris's repeated attempts to use the fatal bush fires which have ravaged our country as an excuse utterly appal and disgust me.
I feel you. This is bottom of the barrel stuff. So disgusting.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:44 AM   #155
hotchicken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would like to share similar experience with Chris Essery. The only thing I will post on this thread is fact and you can decide for yourself.
Fake tracking numbers in both situations.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:47 AM   #156
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
I can imagine! I get nervous when spending $1600 on a watch bought used online let alone $16000.

I'm so glad you got your money back. To have to wait this long is crazy. If he had your cash what did he spend it on? Who, selling multiple $20k watches, hasn't got cash on hand for a refund?

The bushfires did affect a lot of people so maybe there is some truth in it, I can't can bring myself to think someone is using this as an excuse.

Bushfires or not, what I read seems to be unacceptable behaviour.

I bought my 40th birthday watch recently and didn't realise the watch world had become what it as with the super-fakes and scam artists. I hand not bought a watch on many years and glad I went to an AD.

Resellers with a brick and mortar presence are your best bet. OC, David etc.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:50 AM   #157
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

I need to ask something. How does Horology House sell watches? I can't see listing on their store or Facebook.

I thought AWBSS was a forum for anyone to trade watches or is it one person listen then all?
Old 1 February 2020, 12:52 AM   #158
imgook
"TRF" Member

Wow another post of mine just got deleted from the open discussions on AWF.
I'm pretty sure Nick Glynatsis is in cahoots with Chris. I'd be wary of someone who is defending Chris so aggressively even when facts state otherwise.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:58 AM   #159
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I need to ask something. How does Horology House sell watches? I can't see listing on their store or Facebook.

I thought AWBSS was a forum for anyone to trade watches or is it one person listen then all?
Chris posts the watches for sale from his personal FB account onto AWBSS, then tries to sweeten the deal saying you'll get GST back when you leave the country with a receipt from his non-GST registered company HH..... Too good to be true!
Old 1 February 2020, 12:59 AM   #160
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchicken View Post
Wow. Another one. Fake tracking numbers in both situations.
ANd you still have an admin in the AWF fb page still replying to people saying the seller refunded the buyers so all sorted. .. got to be kidding me. The same admin is also admin on AWBSS (the fb page founded by Chris) so no surprises there.

Hope these guys dont delete all the posts when this all dies down.. but guess this rolex forum will remain and free from censorship and is why the OP posted here in the first place I assume.
Read my post above. This is an elaborate scam setup these guys have going on. I bet Nick Glynatsis knows exactly whats going on, cause his all in on it.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:59 AM   #161
kimnkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
Wow another post of mine just got deleted from the open discussions on AWF.
I'm pretty sure Nick Glynatsis is in cahoots with Chris. I'd be wary of someone who is defending Chris so aggressively even when facts state otherwise.
What did you post?
Post it here, i can't trust AWF because it does not seem impartial at all.
Because he got refunded then all is good and there's no problem? What a joke!

Scam 100 people, if 99 people found out you can refund them and keep the money from the 1 person that didnt find out. All good, right?
Old 1 February 2020, 01:03 AM   #162
Cloitus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
What did you post?

Scam 100 people, if 99 people found out you can refund them and keep the money from the 1 person that didnt find out. All good, right?
Yes I saw that post and was personally disgusted.
Old 1 February 2020, 01:03 AM   #163
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
Oofa! Looking real bad on HH...

Way I see it, either:

1) He got scammed and poorly handled the issue (in over his head)
2) He is a scammer himself

Be real curious to hear his view on it, though he has quite a hole to climb out of. I'd be skeptical it can be anything other than those two options. Particularly concerning since he seemed to be "well established" but now seems to be no different than any other novice seeing easy money buying and flipping with no substance behind the business.

Though he is now banned so don't think we will be hearing from him.

This just makes me very glad I've developed solid AD relationships over the years. The fakes seem to just be getting better and better
Old 1 February 2020, 01:07 AM   #164
hotchicken
"TRF" Member

Quote:

AWBSS is a facebook group for Australia. People post watches to sell there and a lot of it is built on trust. It's not orderly or organised compared to a forum, people are literally making facebook posts and selling like that with the members making comments in that post.
Old 1 February 2020, 01:08 AM   #165
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What did you post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloitus View Post
Exactly! I can't just go rob a bank and give back the money if i get caught and say every things all sweet. I'd go to jail. yet this scum bag is just enjoying all the money from the ones that don't know that got scammed yet.

Not to mention the stress his caused from the ones that find out and hold their money for months. This guy is a serial scammer.
Old 1 February 2020, 01:10 AM   #166
kimnkk
"TRF" Member

That's some crazy stuff, you've been very patient.
I was scammed in a similar manner once before (not by Chris, but someone else) and didn't make it public as public as i should have, after i got my refund.

Thanks for coming forward with all this, i know you probably want to put it all behind you.

Its an absolutely scumbag move to piggyback off the bushfires for his own personal gain.

Quote:

I have purchased a 2018 Rolex GMT from him on 3th Sep 2019.
- 31st Jan, Chris called me and asked me to keep it confidential.

Old 1 February 2020, 01:14 AM   #167
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's some crazy stuff, you've been very patient.
I was scammed in a similar manner once before (not by Chris, but someone else) and didn't make it public as public as i should have, after i got my refund.

Thanks for coming forward with all this, i know you probably want to put it all behind you.

Its an absolutely scumbag move to piggyback off the bushfires for his own personal gain.
This is exactly why we should be sharing. So the scumbags can't continue to do what they do.
Old 1 February 2020, 01:24 AM   #168
dmb359
2024 Pledge Member

wow, thanks for sharing. I hope more people come forward about this and other scammers they've encountered to help protect other potential buyers, both here and on other forums and FB groups.

Popular thread right now, like 500 viewers learning about this scam.

Old 1 February 2020, 01:30 AM   #169
Dgselim
"TRF" Member

Chris is guilty. Other admins, no.

Quote:
Read my post above. This is an elaborate scam setup these guys have going on. I bet Nick Glynatsis knows exactly whats going on, cause his all in on it.
Gotta be honest, I didn't trust Chris from day one. He always seemed like he had no idea at all about anything - just another hypebeast riding the Rolex wave after the mining boom crashed in WA. I used to cringe at him pronouncing brands incorrectly. I've personally found him to be quite dodgy, and I've messaged him over FB many times with no response. Also, the way AWBSS is structured where critiquing scalpers is bannable, always sat poorly with me.

That said, I've dealt with Nick personally, and I don't think "his[sic] all in on it". I think he's just trying to do damage control for what is evidently the biggest scandal to hit AWBSS. Nick and Don (Brisman) who posted earlier in this thread, are obviously trying to mitigate the crisis. I really don't see how Nick or any of the other admins could be implicated in this.
Old 1 February 2020, 01:33 AM   #170
KyloRen
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV Hulk
Wow. Glad your friend got his money back.
Old 1 February 2020, 01:35 AM   #171
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow just google search "Nick Glynastsis", this is getting more crazy by the second.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/insi...607-2nuw4.html
Old 1 February 2020, 01:36 AM   #172
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgselim View Post
Gotta be honest, I didn't trust Chris from day one. He always seemed like he had no idea at all about anything - just another hypebeast riding the Rolex wave after the mining boom crashed in WA. I used to cringe at him pronouncing brands incorrectly. I've personally found him to be quite dodgy, and I've messaged him over FB many times with no response. Also, the way AWBSS is structured where critiquing scalpers is bannable, always sat poorly with me.

That said, I've dealt with Nick personally, and I don't think "his[sic] all in on it". I think he's just trying to do damage control for what is evidently the biggest scandal to hit AWBSS. Nick and Don (Brisman) who posted earlier in this thread, are obviously trying to mitigate the crisis. I really don't see how Nick or any of the other admins could be implicated in this.
Look above my friend.

Old 1 February 2020, 01:43 AM   #173
Lol-x
Facilitator

People pretend to be a character reference for someone in their first post out the gate......

2years jail time, thatS all....Nick

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 1 February 2020, 01:46 AM   #174
Brew
"TRF" Member

Curiouser and curiouser . . . .
Old 1 February 2020, 01:56 AM   #175
Ballzzz
2024 Pledge Member

WooW
Old 1 February 2020, 01:56 AM   #176
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Oh damn!!! The Horology House dude?! Thats so surprising!
Old 1 February 2020, 01:58 AM   #177
walds11
"TRF" Member

Yep, wow. This post is lit up. Trying to keep up
Old 1 February 2020, 02:04 AM   #178
dmb359
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wow just google search "Nick Glynastsis", this is getting more crazy by the second.

Man, this is becoming one entertaining thread, and major exposure of some shady people. Glad I haven't had to deal with these guys before.
Old 1 February 2020, 02:11 AM   #179
Cloitus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloitus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb359 View Post
Man, this is becoming one entertaining thread, and major exposure of some shady people. Glad I haven't had to deal with these guys before.
I'm in the same group and a long term member. Shady would be an understatement.
Old 1 February 2020, 02:13 AM   #180
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Yep, wow. This post is lit up. Trying to keep up
Bro it's "This thread is lit, people!"
Dats how weez be talkin

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer