The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 December 2019, 02:50 PM   #121
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
An interesting question nobody is asking, is who are you trying to impress with all these artificial scents and are they reacting in the way you want.

Because if you can smell yourself you're using too much. And does anyone else care that you smell like whatever the scent is selling.
Same reason we wear watches.
Personal enjoyment.
Art for the eyes, music for the ears and perfume for the nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Which brands?

The thing I like though about Creed is how it doesn't smell all chemical compared to other perfumes I used to have (I have other perfumes as well, not just creed, that also smell better and more 'pure') and the way the perfume evolves throughout the day.
Personally, I love GIT, although it is fairly synthetic (and let's be honest, a posh version of Cool Water).

Oooh you're in for a treat if that's what you like. I made some suggestions in my previous post, posted it again below here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post
Abdes Salaam is great. Here are some others I like in no particular order.

https://bortnikoff.com/

https://www.areejledore.com/

https://fortandmanle.com/

https://www.fragrancedubois.com/

https://auphorie.com/

https://www.trnp.com.au/

Keep in mind a lot of these scents can be polarising, some are very strong, nuclear bomb strong lol. Sampling is always a good idea unless you're sure of what you like.
Old 10 December 2019, 05:14 PM   #122
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I’m going to be the Negative Nellie here. I fell into the Creed trapdoor soon after Aventus came out. Creed is a classic example of luxury branding with trumped up history, celebrity endorsements, premium pricing, and what was once a tightly controlled supply chain.
I fell hook, line, and sinker stocking up on Aventus parfum, deodorant, aftershave, and even the $40 soap. I felt pampered buying it at the local Neiman Marcus, or Bergdorf’s and the Creed Boutique in NYC. I still get emails and even phone calls from them asking if I need “replenishments.”
Aventus is a very powerful scent and somewhere down the line I figured out that it was just too strong for me and not everyone around me appreciated it either. I ended up giving my “full kit” to a 15 year old nephew who ate it up. I found a cologne by women’s designer Hanae Mori that is much lighter, fits me better, and is 1/3 the price. The last flavor of Creed I have is the coconut scented Virgin Island Water, when that’s gone I’m completely done.
This is not meant to be disparage anyone on the Creed train. It’s a good product but it’s the marketing hype that sets it apart way more than its inherent goodness/quality. $215 for an ounce? Really?
Hanae Morie is intoxicating/aphrodisiac to me lol
Glad im not only one who loves it!
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 10:51 PM   #123
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony8959 View Post
I was possibly looking to purchase a couple bottles at Bloomingdales website as they’re having some sales this week and can also use ebates on top.
I would think Bloomingdales is legit . Also I overheard ppl at the boutique.. you can haggle via email with salespeople. I specifically saw one guy come in and overheard the entire conversation. A guy was buying aventus at 30 percent off and had the email printed. It may have been a coupon but he asked for the sales guy by name.

Creed is no longer exclusive..they’re just expensive. They’re like Rolex with greater supply.
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 12:15 AM   #124
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah114aa View Post
I would think Bloomingdales is legit . Also I overheard ppl at the boutique.. you can haggle via email with salespeople. I specifically saw one guy come in and overheard the entire conversation. A guy was buying aventus at 30 percent off and had the email printed. It may have been a coupon but he asked for the sales guy by name.

Creed is no longer exclusive..they’re just expensive. They’re like Rolex with greater supply.
Good to know .. that sounds like a sweet deal he got.
Tony8959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 03:50 AM   #125
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Hanae Morie is intoxicating/aphrodisiac to me lol

Glad im not only one who loves it!

I need to try this aphrodisiac you gents speak of. I’m not on the Creed train nor do I wish to be. I love myself a woody scent and got a bottle of Aqua di Parma oud. At first it was awesome but very quickly I got sick of it. One spray is too much, overbearing.

If this Hanea scent is light and not overly sweet/feminine, I’m down to try it.
ruffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2020, 03:59 PM   #126
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
My latest Aventus and my daily wearing creed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 02:41 PM   #127
AE5
"TRF" Member

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
My latest Aventus and my daily wearing creed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get selection vert?
AE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 05:56 AM   #128
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Cool looking bottle
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 07:06 AM   #129
Doug5551
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the post with the selection verte. I hadn't heard of it. I looked on the boutique website and saw it was one of 14 fragrances that have been retired.
Doug5551 is offline   Reply With Quote