The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 February 2018, 01:04 PM   #1
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm vs. 43mm

I have a SubC date that I love. I was thinking about getting a second watch and was checking out the Christopher Ward Watches.

The sizes that the dive watch and GMT come in are 38mm and 43mm. Can anyone comment on how those two size watches fit compared to the SubC.

https://www.christopherward.com/c60-...oto=sViewRange

https://www.christopherward.com/c60-...oto=sViewRange
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 04:20 PM   #2
Enicarman
"TRF" Member

I can tell you that I have a 7+1/4 wrist and the 43mm fits well. It is a very solid and beautifully built watch and keeps excellent time. The solid link bracelet is also of top quality. I keep admiring it when I look at it for the time.
Enicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 07:12 PM   #3
TG3N
"TRF" Member

Can't help with the 38mm (though there's loads of similar posts online comparing the two), but here's my 114060 beside my CW C60 Trident 43mm for comparison:

As you can see, the Trident 43mm wears bigger than the Sub, especially lug-to-lug, and it's a solid, weighty big lump - figures as follows (Trident first, Sub second):

- Lug-to-Lug: 51.5mm vs 48mm
- Dial: 43mm vs 40mm
- Thickness: 13.3mm vs 12.5mm
- Lug width: 22mm vs 20mm
- Approx. Weight (all links): 190 grams vs 160 grams

If you do buy the CW, either wait for a sale or use a discount voucher (codes are easily available online) - no need to buy at full price.

My thoughts on the watch?

English brand, but with Swiss manufacturing, assembly, research & design facilities. Customer service/quality control seems to have wobbled a bit of late as they've grown though. However, offer a terrific '60:60' Warranty which means you can buy from their website in confidence (unworn watches can be returned, no quibbles, within 60 days of purchase, and a 60 month Warranty - quite unusual). Bit of a pain if you're based overseas though.

I bought my 43mm C60 Mk2 Trident in 2015 - superb value for money: Swiss Made; Sellita or ETA movement; sapphire crystal; 120-click ceramic bezel; 600m depth rated; great 'no tools' micro-adjust clasp (think of a much less sophisticated alternative to the Rolex 'Glidelock'), all solid bracelet, deep-engraved case back, signed Crown with smooth screw-down, 5yr warranty and rock-solid build.

Negatives? It's maybe a bit too big for my 6.75 inch wrist (though that's of course very personal/subjective, and more reflects my taste for slightly smaller watches - I can wear/carry it off fine though, it just FEELS big); it's so heavy it can be wearying to wear at times (you know it's there); and the finishing on the crown & engraved case back can be a little uncomfortably sharp (maybe I'm a wuss though!).
TG3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 01:37 PM   #4
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 36!
Mine runs well, fits great, and the ratcheting clasp is a dream, very much like the glidelock.

The 43mm wears very well, and it seems to do a good job at hugging the wrist.

The caseback and crown don't bother me in the slightest. I don't even notice it.

Edit: I am actually wearing it right now!! Hahahaha!
KarlTheToyotaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 03:39 PM   #5
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much for the great replies!!! It seems like a great watch for the price. The 43 is indeed a bit bigger than the Sub. Thanks for the pic. Contemplating....
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 07:22 PM   #6
Ally9
Banned

I’ve Long questioned the same. 43mm looks massive and not for me however I’d love to see a pic like the one above with a Sub and a 38mm
Ally9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 08:40 AM   #7
edyu
2024 Pledge Member

I just ordered a 38mm but I have 6 3/4 wrist.
edyu is online now   Reply With Quote