The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 24 February 2010, 07:45 AM   #1
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Nervous about Sub bezel swap

I am considering swapping the green bezel on my LV for a black one and am torn as to how to actually go about the process. While I am not sure I really want to tackle it myself, I am scared to death to have anyone (including/espcially an AD) touch my watch, as my experiences in having ANYTHING done at a dealer have been nothing short of horrific (last year when I bought a new Omega PO the AD had to replace 3 of them as their watchmaker wrecked the case on one, the bracelet on the second and dropped the third). So, needless to say I am not keen on having someone do something so invasive to my Sub.

Having read Jocke's tutorial (along with several others I've found online), it appears to be pretty straightforward, however I don't know if I could stomach actually doing it myself. My biggest concerns are how to ensure neither the case nor the bezel are scratched (or worse), bending the bezel, warping the insert, and actually getting it back together again. Has anyone done a swap on here who is like me and extremely risk-averse in doing, well, anything to something so expensive? Is there one specific tool that would do the absolute best job to ensure nothing is damaged and it doesn't require excessive force? Has anyone tried to do it themselves and NOT been successful?

Thanks!
outtatime is offline   Reply With Quote