The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2018, 03:59 PM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Ebay Rant. WTF!?

My Ebay feedback is 100%, is this something to be proud of? I don’t know, but I guess I am. I have almost 1,000 feedbacks for both buyer and seller. Whenever I receive an ordered product and it is satisfactory, I ALWAYS leave a positive feedback, the seller deserves that. I just completed a major sell off of Tumi products, 10 items in total. All items were delivered, I emailed every buyer with tracking information and a request to contact me immediately if there were any issues. I guess everything was satisfactory since I heard nothing.

ONE (1) (Uno, singular, solemente, half of two) buyer left me a feedback, positive of course. He asked if he paid the buy it now price would I agree to send it second day air, I agreed and he made a point of it in his feedback; very nice. So... what’s up with the rest of the buyers?! I have found this with the majority of items I have sold on their, roughly ten to twenty percent of buyers leave feedback. WTF!?

Ok, rant over, you may now return to your Basel threads.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 04:03 PM   #2
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Ebay Rant. WTF!?

Let it go... You are stressing me out!

Seriously, do the best you can and forget about the buyers who don't respond. Most of the time people are just looking for a deal and that's it. You are lucky you haven't gotten dinged by a Knucklehead!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 04:16 PM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
That’s crap. I don’t have experience on eBay but my wife does. She sold purses on eBay as a side hustle through college. As business majors it was a major turn on for me.

Much respect for the fact you make an effort to be an ideal seller Paul. Unfortunately buyers are typically far from ideal. You can only do your part.
Old 17 March 2018, 04:33 PM   #4
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I'm an occasional eBay buyer, probably total of 15 purchases in 10 years. I left feedback on the first 13 buys but didnt care to leave the 2 most recent buys. I dont know why it seems nowadays its no longer important, perhaps the business model has evolved?

Remember eBay used to be a bidding site. Now its like Amazon.
junamuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 05:53 PM   #5
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
I used to care about feedback, now all I care about are the sellers standards. Feedback doesn't mean anything to the folks at ebay. Just shipping times and transaction defect rates
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 06:23 PM   #6
Ally9
Banned

I know the feeling. What is your ebay name BTW. I’m always on the look out for Tumi
Ally9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 07:01 PM   #7
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
I gave up Epray years ago......and paypal too
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 07:14 PM   #8
milov
"TRF" Member

Hopefully some of those buyers will eventually leave their (positive) feedback. I've never sold on eBay. But I've made several hundred purchases. I usually do my feedback in clumps every month or two. I just don't log in often enough to leave feedback upon receipt of each individual item.

But I do believe firmly in giving positive feedback when the deal went without a hitch. And if there has been a problem I will contact the seller rather than leave negative feedback. The only time I have left negative feedback is when I have received counterfeit goods.
milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 07:16 PM   #9
Jocke

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
So long you get 100% positive feedback from Anna you should be happy.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 07:36 PM   #10
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
There are two things that are more annoying. One is non payment and the other is PayPal dispute. eBay is now too buyer focused. The seller can’t even leave negative feedback for their non paying buyers. Where’s the common sense in that?
amg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 09:23 PM   #11
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I’ve only 100 or so transactions, but I too am proud of my 100% rating.

I have in the past requested the other party leave appropriate feedback. They have always complied upon request.

What tweaks my noodle is when I’m a buyer and they don’t leave me feedback immediately. When I buy, I pay instantly. I should not have to wait for them to send to me, and receive my feedback before they provide theirs.

It’s as if people use it as a bargaining tool. If I’m living up to my end of the transaction, I should get my feedback regardless.

And Paul, next time you are cleaning tumi house, can you let a brother know?? I’ll be sure to leave you positive feedback here.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 10:09 PM   #12
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
If it's bothering you that much, (and it certainly seems to be) just send them a short, polite note, thanking them for their business, and ask if it's possible for them to go back and leave you positive feedback if they were happy with the transaction.
Explain how it helps you do business in the future.

It's called 'follow-up'. Those of us in the exciting world of retail have to do it all the time, no matter how tedious, time consuming and frustrating it seems.
Old 17 March 2018, 10:15 PM   #13
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
If it's bothering you that much, (and it certainly seems to be) just send them a short, polite note, thanking them for their business, and ask if it's possible for them to go back and leave you positive feedback if they were happy with the transaction.

It's called 'follow-up'. Those of us in the exciting world of retail have to do it all the time, no matter how tedious, time consuming and frustrating it seems.

This.

Drop them an email and follow up to make sure they were satisfied with their purchase and kindly request they leave feedback as you have done that for them.

The issue anymore is that Ebay doesn’t incessantly hound people to leave feedback with several follow up emails like they used to. They are too worried about pimping the PayPal credit card and the marketplace to support their sellers and ask that buyers leave feedback. People only have so much capacity for junk email before they unsubscribe and Ebay isn’t wasting their capital on a seller. Yet another way they don’t support a seller.

And Seth is right. The Dragos Garage Sale and none of the TRF bros are notified???? Help a brother out next time. We won’t make you pay the Ebay fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 10:25 PM   #14
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
Let it go... You are stressing me out!

Seriously, do the best you can and forget about the buyers who don't respond. Most of the time people are just looking for a deal and that's it. You are lucky you haven't gotten dinged by a Knucklehead!
^This

Being an EBAY buyer an buyer from other sites that have reviews and not reviewing for the most part good service is what I expect. I pay my money and I expect to get what I pay you for but I don’t necessarily feel I have to leave a review. I shopped in stores for decades prior to the internet even existed and never had to leave a review and now the internet comes along and for some reason i’m Obligated to leave a review when I purchase someone’s product?

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 10:32 PM   #15
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
i stopped using ebay years ago. its terrible.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 10:32 PM   #16
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post

^This

When selling personal items on another forum in order to try and get some feedback and a good reputation that would hopefully help me even sell more I would always send a follow up thanking them, asking if everything was fine first, and then finally sending a request for feedback. I even gave them positive feedback as a buyer before sending my request for positive feedback as a seller which I am sure helped as well. If you go out of your way more buyers we’ll go out of their way as well.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 11:28 PM   #17
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
My Ebay feedback is 100%, is this something to be proud of? I don’t know, but I guess I am. I have almost 1,000 feedbacks for both buyer and seller. Whenever I receive an ordered product and it is satisfactory, I ALWAYS leave a positive feedback, the seller deserves that. I just completed a major sell off of Tumi products, 10 items in total. All items were delivered, I emailed every buyer with tracking information and a request to contact me immediately if there were any issues. I guess everything was satisfactory since I heard nothing.

ONE (1) (Uno, singular, solemente, half of two) buyer left me a feedback, positive of course. He asked if he paid the buy it now price would I agree to send it second day air, I agreed and he made a point of it in his feedback; very nice. So... what’s up with the rest of the buyers?! I have found this with the majority of items I have sold on their, roughly ten to twenty percent of buyers leave feedback. WTF!?

Ok, rant over, you may now return to your Basel threads.
I left your feedback in the car warranty section.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 11:39 PM   #18
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
I am also experienced with selling stuff on eBay. I think that eBay puts sellers in a really bad position in all aspects.
Example: Somebody with 0 feedback outbid all the other bids on a video card that I was selling. He didn't pay for it for two business days so eBay allowed me to open a non-paying case which takes about a week to get resolved and to get me my final value fees refunded. The buyer has an open window for about 10 days to still complete the transaction.
Not only that I am waiting 7 days for the auction to complete, I have somebody with 0 feedback holding me hostage on the item I put for sale for an additional ten days. I can't sell the item on another auction because if the buyer decided to complete the transaction I'm in trouble for double selling an item.
Old 18 March 2018, 12:17 AM   #19
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
My experience owning a business and being at the mercy of Yelp most people don't leave good feedback when they are happy. People expect to be treated well and if they are then it doesn't deserve any special recognition. People will take the time to complain if they think they were wronged. So if you don't have any complaints then you are doing well. Congrats!
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 12:23 AM   #20
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
I got dinged once by a seller for not responding to an auction I won. It was for a valve cover for an old Honda motorcycle I owned. I bought a ton of parts on eBay for it over the year and a half I owned it as I was fixing it up. This one part I put a bid on but the guy had a long auction timeframe on it and I forgot about it. I won the auction and didn’t realize it until almost a week later. He left negative feedback so I reached out to him, apologized to him and paid him for the part. He changed the feedback after the fact to positive.

I always left feedback as both buyer and seller. Never really had any problems with any transactions but I did notice that quite a few people didn’t leave feedback.

I might have been interested in buying a few pieces of luggage from you. If you decide to sell anything else shoot me a pm.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 01:01 AM   #21
swils8610

You had a Tumi sell off and didn’t let us know!!!! I’ve been scouring eBay for suitcase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 01:01 AM   #22
Gharddog03
"TRF" Member

Watch: R O L E X
Any tumi chambers?? I think your feedback is solid enough I wouldn’t sweat it. But yes I do agree as a courtesy drop some positive feedback if they are happy with the product.
Gharddog03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 01:02 AM   #23
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
I am also experienced with selling stuff on eBay. I think that eBay puts sellers in a really bad position in all aspects.
Example: Somebody with 0 feedback outbid all the other bids on a video card that I was selling. He didn't pay for it for two business days so eBay allowed me to open a non-paying case which takes about a week to get resolved and to get me my final value fees refunded. The buyer has an open window for about 10 days to still complete the transaction.
Not only that I am waiting 7 days for the auction to complete, I have somebody with 0 feedback holding me hostage on the item I put for sale for an additional ten days. I can't sell the item on another auction because if the buyer decided to complete the transaction I'm in trouble for double selling an item.
May I have your e-bay user ID please so I don't accidentally buy something from you?

If I have 10 days to pay it's my choice to pay immediately or on the 10th day.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 01:16 AM   #24
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Sure, I can send it to your by PM if you'd like.
But just to clarify, you have 2 days to pay for an item not ten like you just said. After 2 full days the seller has an option to open a case for non paid item which the buyer can respond to (and complete the sale). If the buyer doesn't respond by the end of that time frame the seller can receive a refund for his final value fees.
Honestly, I wouldn't be so pushy about completing the transaction or being released for my obligation as a seller to the buyer if this wasn't a time sensitive situation.
The specific item I am selling now trends high and if I take my time with it - it's value can drop significantly.

The specific situation I am in is with a newbie 0 feedback buyer that had the winning bid but ignores any further communication on my behalf. I feel like thats not really responsible nor fair to me and to the other bidders of the auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
May I have your e-bay user ID please so I don't accidentally buy something from you?

If I have 10 days to pay it's my choice to pay immediately or on the 10th day.
Old 18 March 2018, 01:19 AM   #25
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
When it comes to EBay I almost always leave feedback. I also only buy from merchants that have a high number of sales and a high corresponding approval rating. It’s part of the EBay culture IMO and feedback is part of the transaction.

The only time I don’t leave feedback is when they already have my money I haven’t received the item and they send a blackmail request stating they won’t leave positive feedback for me until I leave them feedback. In those cases I don’t.

I also don’t do reviews and feedback for all my purchases from Amazon and other online retailers. Just EBay because as I said it’s a big part of the culture there. Rating and total sales are huge factor in buying. There is even an icon for it. There’s actually three for each item: shipped, feedback received and feedback left; it’s that important to the process.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 01:24 AM   #26
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
Sure, I can send it to your by PM if you'd like.
But just to clarify, you have 2 days to pay for an item not ten like you just said. After 2 full days the seller has an option to open a case for non paid item which the buyer can respond to (and complete the sale). If the buyer doesn't respond by the end of that time frame the seller can receive a refund for his final value fees.
Honestly, I wouldn't be so pushy about completing the transaction or being released for my obligation as a seller to the buyer if this wasn't a time sensitive situation.
The specific item I am selling now trends high and if I take my time with it - it's value can drop significantly.

The specific situation I am in is with a newbie 0 feedback buyer that had the winning bid but ignores any further communication on my behalf. I feel like thats not really responsible nor fair to me and to the other bidders of the auction.
I read this: "The buyer has an open window for about 10 days to still complete the transaction" and obviously misunderstood it.

Just out of curiosity, how much did it sell for?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 01:34 AM   #27
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

$1025 for a NVidia GeForce 1080 Ti Founders edition GPU.
Old 18 March 2018, 01:44 AM   #28
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Meh.

Wild West eBay in the late 90's was best eBay.

F you! No, f you!

Let's trade feedback and not speak of this.

OK.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 02:37 AM   #29
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Sorry for not holding an “In-TRFhouse” sale on the Tumi stuff everyone, but doing a house cleaning of all my bags and purchasing replacements, I needed to get the best possible price on everything. The Tumi I have sold to fellow TRFers has always been at a friendly price. I promise the next one(s) I’ll put up a thread and offer TRF discount
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 02:38 AM   #30
Any4xx
"TRF" Member

I’m “that guy.”

I only buy things on eBay that are not worth forging. Generally nothing over about $75.00. I’m busy and when the item arrives I put it to use and get on with life. Occasionally I will get free time and boredom will set in. I may go to my eBay page and “catch up” on leaving some feedback. But I can’t remember doing so for about a year now. My thought is that when someone offers something up for sale I send them the money and they send me the product. We’re even at that point.
Any4xx is offline   Reply With Quote