The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 19 January 2014, 04:42 AM   #61
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Per the Mod above, the seller is MROElectric, (Banned WUS aka's MROWatches, MROElectric and from what it appears, Paneristi1987 as well), and goes by Chad. My original intent was to not get anyone upset or doubt their previous purchases with other sellers. I've tried my best in answering the many PMs I received from supportive members and I was able to privately confirm that their sellers weren't my guy. I get why some were/are upset and my hope is that my tale is a cautionary one, a crappy situation where in the end, I have no one to blame but myself, because as SteelerFan65 has aptly stated, you do have to do your homework. I thought I had but obviously I should have investigated more. To those who believe this story is/was contrived, I don't know what to say other than I own the watch now and that's it. I have no ulterior motives here, it's over and I never want to deal with him ever again. Hopes this helps to clear the air...
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 04:43 AM   #62
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Thanks for the info and heads up.
Old 19 January 2014, 04:48 AM   #63
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
Per the Mod above, the seller is MROElectric, (Banned WUS aka's MROWatches, MROElectric and from what it appears, Paneristi1987 as well), and goes by Chad. My original intent was to not get anyone upset or doubt their previous purchases with other sellers. I've tried my best in answering the many PMs I received from supportive members and I was able to privately confirm that their sellers weren't my guy. I get why some were/are upset and my hope is that my tale is a cautionary one, a crappy situation where in the end, I have no one to blame but myself, because as SteelerFan65 has aptly stated, you do have to do your homework. I thought I had but obviously I should have investigated more. To those who believe this story is/was contrived, I don't know what to say other than I own the watch now and that's it. I have no ulterior motives here, it's over and I never want to deal with him ever again. Hopes this helps to clear the air...
Thank you for the name and I'm very sorry you had to go thru this mess as picking up a new to you Rolex should be a very happy time. I'm sure once RSC get finished with it you will have a wonderful watch for many years to come, again sorry that you will be footing the bill because of a lousy seller but think how many unsuspecting buyers you may have just helped. Can't wait to see the watch when it's returned to you.
Old 19 January 2014, 04:57 AM   #64
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Was the watch and all the accompanying documents, bezel protector, etc. pictured and sent to you prior to you buying? If what you received was different than the pictures, you should out this seller. Thats fraud and deceitful

This person can always log in and explain their side of the story but at least save fellow members from the same. OUT THE SELLER!

:edit: I just saw named names in a subsequent post.
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 04:59 AM   #65
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

See above posts!
Old 19 January 2014, 05:03 AM   #66
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone said your story was contrived but rather these types of anonymous reports have the potential to be self serving or misused. Thanks for the heads up ,much appreciated.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 05:24 AM   #67
jtgilbert
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Thanks for sharing this story with TRF. People who keep quiet or bite the bullet put us all at risk. It is shady that the seller never mentioned the foreign language booklets and the fact that the watch had a polish. Huge relief for you that the watch is indeed 100% real. i disagree with everyone who wants this seller's name the OP offered to help anyone who was interested via PM. This clearly wasn't intended to be a lets trash this guy post. Thanks for the heads up OP wear your new watch in good health!
jtgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 05:35 AM   #68
MROElectric

Let’s see where to start…I only discovered knowledge of this thread when moderator SteelerFan65 alerted me of what was going on. At this point, I understand this will only be a he said she said argument, but I’d like to try and clear my name to the others I’ve sold watches to recently and put their mind at ease.

Red flags went up as soon as I started negotiations with this buyer. He used multiple emails, aliases, etc, stating he used to be in law enforcement and was suspicious by nature. I looked past that and we settled on a price. We agreed to use PayPal if I could ship direct signature to his verified address. I packed everything up and shipped everything out the same day. Come delivery day, I get an email saying the watch has arrived and looks great, but he’s concerned with the Italian GMT booklet and thought the watch to be counterfeit. I reiterated to him that I had no idea about the GMT booklet, and that because I believed it to be in French anyways, never even flipped through it; just put away the documents for safe keeping like I do all my others. I accepted fault for not disclosing the booklet was in Italian and quickly scanned over a copy of every page from my English GMTII manual from my 166713. Email after email more allegations, until he finally decided to call the AD in which I purchased it, like I had advised him to do from the beginning, yet he stated he didn't have time. After the story came back clean, he sent me another email apologizing for getting so upset and that he hoped we could settle things. At this point, even though he was courteous and polite, I was through discussing, so I left the email unresponded to…I’m guessing that didn’t sit well.

Fast forward until today where I now hear that the watch he’s previously said looked great and that was just concerned about the Italian documents, is all of a sudden busted, has dings on the case and bracelet and not keeping time correctly. At this point I’m not sure what to believe. Either way, I’m not sure publicly bashing my reputation was the correct way to go.

To address the WUS situation, I was banned at WUS for modifying an original for sale post and deleting my asking price. The ban wouldn’t even let me PM an admin to explain that I could easily re-edit the ad to include the asking price, a strictly enforced rule there, but not here. I’ve tried making other accounts, but they’ve just banned my IP at this point.

To address the damaged and botched polishing job, I’ll leave the pictures included in my for sale ad here for everyone to look at. If the watch was polished since mid-August 2013 when I purchased it new, someone took it from my possession, had it polished, and put it back on my watch winder before I noticed; just look at the bracelet. Does this look like a watch that has been polished? Without the watch in my hands and given the OP’s behavior throughout this entire transaction, AND now that the watch has been opened, would you take the watch back? Not sure what to do at this point, but beware people of selling to this member as well. Although given all the email names and aliases, I’m sure he has other usernames.

MROElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 05:49 AM   #69
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
Thanks for replying, the watch looks great in the for sale pics other than some desk diving marks on polished links of the bracelet and that's normal and sure not been polished..... Always nice to hear both sides of the story and glad you gave yours....BTW it's very easy to get banned at WUS, jus talk bad about one of their sponsor watches....
Old 19 January 2014, 05:50 AM   #70
Presa canary
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer ii
And so the plot thickens... Always 2 sides. And non of the sides on these pics seemed polished...
Presa canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 05:52 AM   #71
Cc1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Sea...
I have to agree...seems unpolished. Hard to know what to believe.

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778
"Curmudgeons " Favorites: 1665 SD, Sub Date, DSSD, Exp II, Sub LV, GMTIIc
Cc1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 06:04 AM   #72
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Well OP spoke to AD where watch came from and they acknowledged they sold it. Watch definitely looks unpolished from pics. OP not happy or sure about Italian manual. Watch is at RSC covered under warranty and being fixed. Did seller know there was any issues with watch? Did OP inquire or bring these issues to seller and give him a chance to respond? Still not resolved from my perspective and only they can address and answer.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 06:15 AM   #73
MROElectric

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
Well OP spoke to AD where watch came from and they acknowledged they sold it. Watch definitely looks unpolished from pics. OP not happy or sure about Italian manual. Watch is at RSC covered under warranty and being fixed. Did seller know there was any issues with watch? Did OP inquire or bring these issues to seller and give him a chance to respond? Still not resolved from my perspective and only they can address and answer.
No, I wasn't aware of the "damaged" aspects of the watch until a few hours ago.

The watch was sold through the AD on the date I advertised, which he confirmed after calling them when he doubted me the first time. I can understand the frustration about the Italian manual, but assuming he speaks English, A French manual would have been equally as useless. At that point, I think he began to become paranoid with the whole transaction.

I'm hoping these "repairs" aren't fabricated as well. Also, not to nitpick, but losing 2 seconds per 12 hours would add up to -4 in a 24 hour period. COSC regulations are -4/+6 in 24 hours. Why would Rolex agree to service a watch under warranty that was regulating within their standards? They would have also had to have believed this long, elaborate storyline in order to have opened it up in the first place to discover the "bottom movement damage"?
MROElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 06:28 AM   #74
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Well, what can I say, except for I guess others believe what they like, again what is my motive here? I could tear apart MROElectric's post above but what's the point. I suppose the Rolex AD who I spoke with in Canada and who told me this particular watch was originally purchased by a known regular of theirs who clearly isn't MRO was lying? And the RSC who is fixing it as well (at no cost to me) must have made it up, so what they can get what out of it? Come on guys, perhaps the pics above are older, not from the watch I purchased etc.? Think about it. He was banned from WUS for having multiple profiles per their mods (I have the email from them) and his story is full of holes. As for my "aliases" and "multiple emails," there was only one Gmail account I used to communicate with him and my other email address is tied to my Paypal account so nice try trying to dirty me up! My gmail account doesn't have my real name tied to it. Hello, it's never a good idea to have your real name on any email because of fraud, spam etc. And what's the point here anyway, I paid for it through PayPal, have not, nor plan to file any claim, and I am obviously a real person who paid for and received a watch that while turned out to be real, was not represented correctly. Also, Chad never gives direct answers to questions posed, a classic example of someone who is not honest. You are also dishonest because I asked you for a refund very early the next morning via email (your post makes it seem like I had it for days and had it opened etc.) after I had spoken to the Canadian AD who confirmed you WERE NOT the original owner as you claimed to be. This was approximately a mere 15 hours after the watch was signed for (by a household member) and reviewed by me later that night. Again, I hope others learn and stay away from you.
Old 19 January 2014, 06:28 AM   #75
Presa canary
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer ii
Best of luck to both of you.

Last edited by Presa canary; 19 January 2014 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: Needed to add something
Presa canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 06:33 AM   #76
jtgilbert
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
MRO- you stated that you thought the booklets were in French?? Only to find out it was italian...either way you didn't disclose the fact that booklets that were sold with a watch in Canada were in a foreign language?? Weather or not you think it is important it does seem strange and as a buyer i would want to know if anything is not as it should be on a complete set rolex purchase.
jtgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 06:38 AM   #77
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
The plot thickens ...... Need me a bourbon ....
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 06:40 AM   #78
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Indeed, I just sold a Rolex to a member and gave him a lengthy "review" period (in writing) where he could return it if displeased, no questions asked. I asked for a refund early the next morning and was refused...
Old 19 January 2014, 07:11 AM   #79
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex/JLC/panerai
This thread is why I always buy NEW
steveclocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 07:17 AM   #80
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
Indeed, I just sold a Rolex to a member and gave him a lengthy "review" period (in writing) where he could return it if displeased, no questions asked. I asked for a refund early the next morning and was refused...
When exactly did you request the refund? "The next morning" after receiving a watch and "the next morning after I talked to an AD and asked who bought it" are not the same thing. Your own generous return terms as a seller are not relevant to this particular transaction imho.
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 07:18 AM   #81
HL65

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
When exactly did you request the refund? "The next morning" after receiving a watch and "the next morning after I talked to an AD and asked who bought it" are not the same thing. Your own generous return terms as a seller are not relevant to this particular transaction imho.
And also what was seller's return policy? I see he does not have them stated in the few other ads I looked at.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 19 January 2014, 07:29 AM   #82
laphroaig007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 & PAM372
Sad situation in fact.
IMHO, no truth will be delivered here...
Old 19 January 2014, 07:33 AM   #83
Kobayashi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Any Rolex!
It's threads like this that worry me about trying to sell as I'm an active buyer but not a seller. I would almost prefer taking a huge loss selling to a reseller that needs to make a profit rather than selling privately and dealing with these potential issues. For my purchases I'm only going with the power sellers on here to avoid this stuff. Hope it works out for both of you.
Kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 08:06 AM   #84
Wllnv19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi View Post
It's threads like this that worry me about trying to sell as I'm an active buyer but not a seller. I would almost prefer taking a huge loss selling to a reseller that needs to make a profit rather than selling privately and dealing with these potential issues. For my purchases I'm only going with the power sellers on here to avoid this stuff. Hope it works out for both of you.
Agree
Wllnv19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 08:24 AM   #85
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

To Powerfunk and others for clarification:
I received the watch late Monday afternoon and opened it that night when I got home from work (around 7pm). Immediately expressed my concerns to seller very politely. The next morning, 6:30 am PST, I called and spoke with the Rolex Canadian AD. Shortly thereafter that same morning, I requested a refund. Additionally, MROElectric left out his reason of why the warranty card was damaged- as he stated he spilled some of this "goop off" solvent that he regularly uses for his business to remove some sticky stuff from the card and quickly wiped it off but didn't think of mentioning to me (I had to ask him about it that night when I confronted him about the Italian booklet and other Italian Rolex card and he was like, "oh yeah, that..." This was done he said as he was packaging it for shipment. I suppose he thought I wouldn't notice or care, not really sure. It's called totality of the circumstances, lads. Be well and go Pats!!!
Old 19 January 2014, 08:32 AM   #86
HL65

Quote:
To Powerfunk and others for clarification:
I received the watch late Monday afternoon and opened it that night when I got home from work (around 7pm). Immediately expressed my concerns to seller very politely. The next morning, 6:30 am PST, I called and spoke with the Rolex Canadian AD. Shortly thereafter that same morning, I requested a refund. Additionally, MROElectric left out his reason of why the warranty card was damaged- as he stated he spilled some of this "goop off" solvent that he regularly uses for his business to remove some sticky stuff from the card and quickly wiped it off but didn't think of mentioning to me (I had to ask him about it that night when I confronted him about the Italian booklet and other Italian Rolex card and he was like, "oh yeah, that..." This was done he said as he was packaging it for shipment. I suppose he thought I wouldn't notice or care, not really sure. It's called totality of the circumstances, lads. Be well and go Pats!!!
Again one question: Before you bought what was his return policy? Did you discuss with him prior to purchase?

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 19 January 2014, 08:39 AM   #87
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Nope, I didn't discuss prior to buying and have no idea what it is. A mistake on my part...
Old 19 January 2014, 09:58 AM   #88
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by MROElectric View Post
... the AD in which I purchased it...
Here's a simple question: did YOU buy this watch new or used from the AD? The OP and AD claim you did not buy it from the AD yourself, yet you say you did.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 11:07 AM   #89
anilzat
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilzat View Post
My 2¢, If in doubt by others, you could post the repair from the Rolex dealer for proof of repairs. This would put questions of doubts too rest, and you blot out the information that is sensitive.
As I said before, post the document from the Rolex dealer, if a ding is on the watch they would make a note of it to cover their ass. This it's the proof you need too find out who is being truthful here.
anilzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 11:50 AM   #90
Lgear080
Banned

I'm still left wondering what the issue was here...

Did the buyer feel the seller wasn't transparent?
Did the buyer just experience remorse?
Did the buyer expect a perfect watch?
Did the seller send a watch in different condition than that which was presented?
Did the seller misrepresent the condition of the watch and collateral items?
Did the seller misrepresent or not identify a return policy?

What were the deal terms?
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote