The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 October 2022, 11:37 PM   #31
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

It depends on what your needs are and how you are going to use it.

I live in the northeast US where it snows so I drove an Audi R8 for almost 11 years, mostly as a daily driver when it was just me goinfpg somewhere. I had separate wheels and tires for winter, which is a must for colder climates.

The R8 is viewed as an everyday super car. It’s not wildly impractical in terms of storage space and room for the driver and uses normal high octane petrol. You have an extensive dealer network, which is more important than you might think. Porsche also excels in many
Of these metrics.
The
It is by no means the most exotic or fast, but if you want to actually put miles on it, I recommend it.

Whatever you get, expect repairs and service to be much more expensive than a regular car.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 04:19 AM   #32
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
A 911 is probably about as exotic as I’d get.
I’m kind of frugal though and tend to prefer stealth wealth, so an M3/E63 is sounding pretty good too. Sometimes I think a debadged E63 AMG wagon would be my dream car.

I’d definitely consider a track prepped Miata as well for some mayhem.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 11:02 AM   #33
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
A lot of the car experience can depend on your service shop- repairs and maintenance and your detailer or how you keep the vehicle pristine. some auto clubs, forums, etc., will shame you or not admit you if your car is too dirty or looks unappealing in their eyes.

Overpaying is common and service guys love to joyride…so you need vehicle tracking.

Too many horror stories, the worst was a service manager driving a customer’s car for a week while it was supposedly “in for service”

Finding trustable service and network is key. But at some point, caring less will improve enjoyment.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 12:59 PM   #34
S1mplee
"TRF" Member

Unless you don’t care at all and can replace it at the bat of a finger, it is sort of a chore owning them.

I love the driving experience of exotic cars but hate the attention. Driving these things you have to be mindful of the routes you take, as well as the place you’re going to/park at. You will have people lean on your car for photos and if you dare make a comment they take offense in a manner as if you called them a bad name or screwed them somehow…. People tend to have no respect for your personal space and privacy either.

You automatically get asked what do do? How much does it cost? And if you don’t answer you’re automatically a douche bag.

On the other hand, it’s nice to make someone’s day. It’s not everyday that the normal person gets to see a super car. I’ve had people literally burst out with joy and excitement. Imagine you not having your favorite Rolex but have been dreaming about it for years. Cars are sort of the same, you don’t see many platonas etc in the wild.

You just need to sort of be prepared to drive an exotic, and that is why I have a different daily.
S1mplee is offline   Reply With Quote