The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 May 2022, 02:20 AM   #61
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
When they resolve, watch what will happen to all markets...
To the sky, I agree, but we have still have a lot of room to go down in the coming months. Maybe I'm wrong but I would wait a little longer.
Old 15 May 2022, 02:42 AM   #62
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And the day after that it bounced right back up again. I don't invest for the short term. I'm about the long term strategy. If you think crypto 5 years from now or even 2 years from now won't be higher if you put 50k in it today, Idk what to tell you. It's not going away. Plus I don't care for the numerous stupid coins out there. I'd only focus on Bitcoin and Ethereum. Maybe Solana and Cardano too if you want to really speculate. The rest are nonsense. Anything that shoots up 8x-20x per year you don't expect to drop 25%-30% when the world markets are crumbling? That's nothing. It's an insanely volatile market. That's why you get in and just sit for tnext wave to catch.

Actually some crypto dropped way more than that, just look at Luna... Dropping 25, 50% is a lot for 2 days of market. People who are on leverage literally can lose all their money. Tho prices have risen back a bit, they are nowhere near the prices they were a few days ago yet. I’m just saying, don’t tell people to “invest” into risk assets when you said yourself, it’s insanely volatile and that “markets are crumbling” Crypto is not investing imo, it’s gambling.

You may be a perma-bull but if even you say it’s dangerous out there, you shouldn’t be telling people to buy such risky assets. Watches, at least you can wear and rarely are on leverage.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 05:40 AM   #63
joa
"TRF" Member

> you shouldn’t be telling people to buy such risky assets. Watches, at least you can wear

yes carrying a luxury watch is a joy for which i am willing to pay solid money. but i am not under any illusion that this is a rational thing to do (why not a casio or Swatch...).

In sharp contrast, crypto is not useless at all. if you know what you are doing, you can use it for passive money earning, yield farming, or you can use it as a building block to fund some novel defi business ideas and more..

so, while VERY VERY risky (fully agree with you there), crypto is actually the more utilitarian investment than watches and while the comparisons to Nasdaq 1999 bubble are fully justified, look where those who survived 1999, Amazon & co, are today...
Old 15 May 2022, 06:00 AM   #64
davie489
"TRF" Member

I just want my first AP from AD … why on earth are people worried what it’s worth or what it will be worth? Crazy . Buy what you like . Simple
davie489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 06:55 AM   #65
joa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie489 View Post
I just want my first AP from AD … why on earth are people worried what it’s worth or what it will be worth? Crazy . Buy what you like . Simple
well you yourself seem to worry about what it is and will be worth.. because if those considerations would not matter to you, you'd buy on grey market instead of waiting an undefined amount of time. So, instead of calling other's "crazy" a bit of introspection could be in order..
Old 15 May 2022, 07:49 AM   #66
davie489
"TRF" Member

Read what I’m saying before you come out with stupid comment. I want to buy from AD for the experience. Price don’t worry me I could buy the one I’m after tomorrow if I wanted but the whole purchase would be lifeless
davie489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 08:16 AM   #67
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
Actually some crypto dropped way more than that, just look at Luna... Dropping 25, 50% is a lot for 2 days of market. People who are on leverage literally can lose all their money. Tho prices have risen back a bit, they are nowhere near the prices they were a few days ago yet. I’m just saying, don’t tell people to “invest” into risk assets when you said yourself, it’s insanely volatile and that “markets are crumbling” Crypto is not investing imo, it’s gambling.

You may be a perma-bull but if even you say it’s dangerous out there, you shouldn’t be telling people to buy such risky assets. Watches, at least you can wear and rarely are on leverage.
As I said, I'm only focused on 4 currencies. The rest are whatever. Too hard to tell which are pump and dump schemes. I follow the 2 most stable. I'm not telling people to buy or not buy. I'm simply responding to the comment about crypto "crashing". I said all markets are crumbling. Not just the crypto market. Everything will be hit by China and Ukraine and it will continue to get hit.

I agree though to an extent crypto is to some degree gambling. For instance buying Shiba Inu. It went up 90 million percent at one point. Who knows if it'll do it again. It already spiked twice. Maybe it'll happen a third time. But I do not agree Bitcoin or Ethereum are gambling. The world all over is adopting these 2 more and more. The technology behind them is being adopted. Exchanges are being created. They aren't going any where any time soon.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 08:43 AM   #68
Xerxes77
Banned

I don’t know about crypto but I think like this….
From September we can go to AP or PP or Rolex and we can get all pieces we want?…. I am almost sure that this scenario it’s science fiction in the next future because all this brand adopted some policy who don’t let this happen…..
On other hand yes Ukraina war and China lock down hit the market….
On the beginning of pandemic I see same situation and to receive a watch from AP or PP or Rolex war more easy…..and after this price are on the sky…..
I believe that till supply don’t cover demands price will be up and down but will be far from MRSP….
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 08:05 AM   #69
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 08:12 AM   #70
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joa View Post
well you yourself seem to worry about what it is and will be worth.. because if those considerations would not matter to you, you'd buy on grey market instead of waiting an undefined amount of time. So, instead of calling other's "crazy" a bit of introspection could be in order..
Lol what? How does not wanting to buy an AP at a ridiculous premium lend to caring what a watch will be worth? Believe it or not there are some folks who can afford a $30k MSRP watch but not the same watch at 2x-3x that price. They do not care what the watch will be worth as they are buying it because they love it and want to wear and keep it.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 03:25 AM   #71
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
Do not buy grey. Wait for the avalanche to hit and buy at retail or even lower. I expect prices to fall gradually the next 3-4 months and likely take a dive this fall or winter
So far, so right. Gradual declines so far but the avalanche will come in the fall
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 10:18 AM   #72
LndLord
"TRF" Member

Interesting
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 03:00 PM   #73
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Lol what? How does not wanting to buy an AP at a ridiculous premium lend to caring what a watch will be worth? Believe it or not there are some folks who can afford a $30k MSRP watch but not the same watch at 2x-3x that price. They do not care what the watch will be worth as they are buying it because they love it and want to wear and keep it.

That’s me. 5712 at retail i can handle, at 120k or whatever they trade for right now, no way. I welcome the days of watches being worth what you paid for them, not 3-4x in some cases.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2022, 03:25 AM   #74
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
So far, so right. Gradual declines so far but the avalanche will come in the fall
Agree.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 10:00 AM   #75
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
You hit it indirectly here. This is because of China. When China reopens prices are going right back up. The majority of buyers willing to pay these stupid prices come from China.

China already opened and still prices are dropping

eijiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 10:00 AM   #76
eijiboy
Banned

So nice to see comments about china opening and yet it has opened and the prices are still dropping

eijiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 05:02 PM   #77
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
China is opening, but hasn't fully opened yet. The restricitions are coming and going.

However, I do not think this will make the prices bounce up again. The travel, passport and visa restrictions seems to have shifted the focus on the wealthier chinese to try to get out of there instead.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 02:20 PM   #78
nocaps
"TRF" Member

Watch: platona 2x bark dd
all this talk about china reopening and rolex prices being on the verge of bouncing back.
i'll be the contrarian. i don't think anyone anywhere is feeling as wealthy as they did 6 months ago.
in china, there are few places to invest money. that's why individuals and families buy multiples of new apartments. we all know where the real estate market in china is heading.
do you think people in china will be buying rolex's as the value of their real estate plunges?
just my $.02
nocaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 02:12 AM   #79
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101031-28 View Post
Agree.
Avalanche incoming….give 45-60 more days max
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 03:45 AM   #80
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Avalanche incoming….give 45-60 more days max
I've had a few people smarter than I who have made this same comment to me. After Nov elections to expect a huge downfall. and stuff is being propped up as well as they can until then.

We'll see, but if this week runs up some more I might close all my positions and sit tight until 2023. I feel like I want to have way more cash on hand for scoop ups than I do now. Whether thats watches or stocks, either one.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote