The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 12 July 2022, 01:59 AM   #121
pursang_
"TRF" Member

June 2022 dated Pepsi sold on Moda at auction for 21k last night.

July 2022 dated 126610LN sold for 14.3k

June 2022 124060 sitting unsold at 12.6k atm.
Old 12 July 2022, 02:29 AM   #122
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursang_ View Post

Keeps going lower and lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 July 2022, 02:43 AM   #123
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Keeps going lower and lower

dealers just flooding the market with too much supply. i remember when people were saying rolex should increase production to fit demand. imagine if they did? we'd be seeing an even bigger crash

this is like the week btc went from 30k to 17k because of mass liquidations of funds going bankrupt. i still feel like once it's over things will go back up slowly
Old 12 July 2022, 02:50 AM   #124
Meltingicecube
Banned

People think Rolex are some genuines playing three dimensional chess! If they are, why did their watches trade at a massive discount prior to 2018?

I think this was a 5 year bubble that's in process of bursting! Many things (covid helicopter money, people saving during lockdowns, interest rates & QE, stocks/crypto boom) went right all at the same time and all those factors are now reversing!

I'm watching the China situation very closely, if China goes down, flippers/speculators are in big big trouble!
Old 12 July 2022, 02:57 AM   #125
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltingicecube View Post
People think Rolex are some genuines playing three dimensional chess! If they are, why did their watches trade at a massive discount prior to 2018?

I think this was a 5 year bubble that's in process of bursting! Many things (covid helicopter money, people saving during lockdowns, interest rates & QE, stocks/crypto boom) went right all at the same time and all those factors are now reversing!

I'm watching the China situation very closely, if China goes down, flippers/speculators are in big big trouble!
rolex played a big part in it though. everything you said was part of the reason why prices went crazy but let's not act like rolex didn't sit there enabling it with bundling, fake waitlists and closing down a lot of ADs

they took advantage of the environment to go up market and now the inevitable correction is happening. time will tell if they'll cut production to keep their image and hype and force the floor to be msrp going forward or if things will go back to pre 2016. i can't believe people are still questioning the brand's marketing at this point. you really think they aren't geniuses? lol
Old 12 July 2022, 03:12 AM   #126
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Quote:

same thing is happening in real estate. Anyone denying the trend now is either a fool or has a vested interest in pretending otherwise.

Once we hit <20% of MSRP margin, flipping to greys becomes a net negative transaction, and the floodgates will open.
Old 12 July 2022, 03:18 AM   #127
MoStuff
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
same thing is happening in real estate. Anyone denying the trend now is either a fool or has a vested interest in pretending otherwise.

Once we hit &lt;20% of MSRP margin, flipping to greys becomes a net negative transaction, and the floodgates will open.

Can’t wait. Have cash in hand need MoStuff!!!!

Old 12 July 2022, 03:49 AM   #128
pursang_
"TRF" Member

Few more datapoints:

Unworn 03/22 full set fluted meteorite baguette WG DD40 sold for 68.5k after sitting over the weekend.

Worn but great condition 01/20 126622 YM40 Rhodium sold for 14.8k after 24 hours.

Unworn baguette Platona full set has been sitting at 135k for almost a week.

2022 Airking has been sitting since July 1st for 10.7k

09/20 nice condition 124060 full set sans tag sitting for an hour at 11.7k. This one is damning.

05/18 great condition Panda sold for 32.9k
Old 13 July 2022, 01:53 AM   #129
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Mint BLRO naked sitting for sale at 18.5 now

Old 13 July 2022, 01:57 AM   #130
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Quote:
Mint BLRO naked selling for 18.5 now

Wow. What's a 2020 then? 15, 16?

Let me know what you see stock YG DDs going for
Old 13 July 2022, 02:16 AM   #131
pursang_
"TRF" Member

Three Olive RG DD40s recently:

NIB 04/21 RG Olive DD40 sold for "60k or obo" after sitting for a bit.

A used '18 full set RG Olive DD40 is sitting at 54k.

NIB 2022 full set sitting at 60.2k
Old 13 July 2022, 02:17 AM   #132
SeattlePNWguy
"TRF" Member

This thread is really insightful, thanks all. Anybody have any recent sales data on the YG Green Dial Daytona - 116508? Feels like this one is ripe for over-pricing, but I'm curious about real transactions. Appreciate it.
Old 13 July 2022, 02:20 AM   #133
pursang_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePNWguy View Post
This thread is really insightful, thanks all. Anybody have any recent sales data on the YG Green Dial Daytona - 116508? Feels like this one is ripe for over-pricing, but I'm curious about real transactions. Appreciate it.

In April a NIB one sold for 113k.

Last month a few used ones moved around 75k
Old 13 July 2022, 02:26 AM   #134
SeattlePNWguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In April a NIB one sold for 113k.

Last month a few used ones moved around 75k
Helpful, thanks!
Old 13 July 2022, 02:30 AM   #135
VegasBaby
Banned

and yet, regardless of the prices going crazy to the upside or downsize, most of you aren't buyers are either level............whining on the way up, cheerleaders on the way down....LOL!!!!!
Old 13 July 2022, 02:31 AM   #136
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

The Moda people are relentless.
Old 13 July 2022, 02:34 AM   #137
pursang_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
The Moda people are relentless.
Everybody loves their free market capitalism until it punches them in the face.
Old 13 July 2022, 02:53 AM   #138
blargle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby View Post
and yet, regardless of the prices going crazy to the upside or downsize, most of you aren't buyers are either level............whining on the way up, cheerleaders on the way down....LOL!!!!!
hilarious lol, you are indeed correct about 80% of posters i would imagine

i am not ashamed to admit that I'm essentially done with Rolex, was invited into one of my local ADs at the weekend and offered something I had registered for a very long time ago indeed, just no interest anymore and to both my (and particularly my ADs) surprise, i politely declined

and something tells me I'm not the only person declining 'the call' at the moment... just a hunch
Old 13 July 2022, 03:21 AM   #139
dmash
"TRF" Member

Just my 2c, and no offense to new guys who won’t care about watches once the ‘flippability’ has dissipated….

But I’d rather practically all Rolex be worth MSRP, we get done with this trend and sift out the people who don’t really care about horology. A bit tired of what’s it been like for last 3-4 years. I’m not trying to sell stuff so aftermarket pricing is irrelevant to me. Simply maintaining what I paid is wholly sufficient in my eyes.
Old 13 July 2022, 03:31 AM   #140
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Just my 2c, and no offense to new guys who won’t care about watches once the ‘flippability’ has dissipated….

But I’d rather practically all Rolex be worth MSRP, we get done with this trend and sift out the people who don’t really care about horology. A bit tired of what’s it been like for last 3-4 years. I’m not trying to sell stuff so aftermarket pricing is irrelevant to me. Simply maintaining what I paid is wholly sufficient in my eyes.
posted this in another thread but i think eventually when things settle down most will be at msrp. you'll still have 50% (or up to 100?) premiums for the special watches like olive dd, green daytona, steel daytona, pepsi, ROs, nautilus models, etc. i think the 3x+ premiums were a flat out bubble, fueled by dealers flipping and crypto going to the moon, that's obviously popped but i do legitimately see premiums not going away for a certain basket of watches. i just don't see how some of these watches will ever readily be available in cases, at least in the near future
Old 13 July 2022, 04:01 AM   #141
pursang_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
posted this in another thread but i think eventually when things settle down most will be at msrp. you'll still have 50% (or up to 100?) premiums for the special watches like olive dd, green daytona, steel daytona, pepsi, ROs, nautilus models, etc. i think the 3x+ premiums were a flat out bubble, fueled by dealers flipping and crypto going to the moon, that's obviously popped but i do legitimately see premiums not going away for a certain basket of watches. i just don't see how some of these watches will ever readily be available in cases, at least in the near future

I tend to agree. I suppose one counterargument could be made is that the long term desirability of green dials is unproven.

Speaking of which, three RG Olive DD40s have sold today around 60k, about 50% premium over MSRP. We'll see how that holds up.
Old 13 July 2022, 04:12 AM   #142
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
I foresee Daytona being the only ‘allocation’ type watch. Outside of like limited edition meteorite, rainbow, all that jazz. GMT and Sub were never meant to be something revered, they were simply entry levels into the brand and a solid all around daily time piece. I see them all settling around MSRP +/-10-15%

It’s still mind blowing to me what some people paid for 5711 and 15202 at the peak though. Absolutely unreal.

We’ll see though!
Old 13 July 2022, 04:15 AM   #143
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I foresee Daytona being the only ‘allocation’ type watch. Outside of like limited edition meteorite, rainbow, all that jazz. GMT and Sub were never meant to be something revered, they were simply entry levels into the brand and a solid all around daily time piece. I see them all settling around MSRP +/-10-15%

It’s still mind blowing to me what some people paid for 5711 and 15202 at the peak though. Absolutely unreal.

We’ll see though!
What about the colored OP's as well. Supposed to be an entry level piece...
Old 13 July 2022, 04:19 AM   #144
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Honestly I get why they got so hot. Rolex capitalized on the newfound crowd who weren’t all conservative horologists. They never release fun stuff like that and people absolutely LOVED it. Was a fantastic market pivot, anybody who says Rolex’s entire team aren’t geniuses are disillusioned.

I’d say that’s yet to be determined. It’s weird to me though because like the red yellow green ones, I have an AD who said he’s seeing less of those than he is for instance a Sub. So despite being almost half the price he’s just not getting a lot.
Old 13 July 2022, 04:29 AM   #145
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Expect soon for there to be no more green, pink or Tiffany to be shipped in any sizes. Expect them to be soon discontinued.
Old 13 July 2022, 04:31 AM   #146
AndyEdwards
"TRF" Member

Totally agree.

Last edited by AndyEdwards; 13 July 2022 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: .
Old 13 July 2022, 04:51 AM   #147
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Expect soon for there to be no more green, pink or Tiffany to be shipped in any sizes. Expect them to be soon discontinued.
If this happens, that Tiffany dial OP will become the most sought after women’s Rolex ever. Jeez, I can see people coveting that for decades if they never release another model with that color dial.
Old 13 July 2022, 05:08 AM   #148
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
If this happens, that Tiffany dial OP will become the most sought after women’s Rolex ever. Jeez, I can see people coveting that for decades if they never release another model with that color dial.
I’m hoping to get one from my AD in Florida. He’s been good to me. Time will tell.
Old 13 July 2022, 05:13 AM   #149
axelfoley
"TRF" Member

Does anyone have experience actually buying on MODA? Can the sellers be trusted? They "vouch" for one another but I don't know how much weight to give that...
Old 13 July 2022, 05:18 AM   #150
Kingranch
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperadoes View Post
You guys are making me itching for a Turquoise addition

Those watches are doing what they should be doing, distracting you from the nasty In and Out hamburger joint.