The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 30 September 2022, 08:41 AM   #1
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Collectors1946 New York

Considering a purchase of discontinued model full set from them. I would appreciate any advice or experience buying from them that you can share. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 09:14 AM   #2
PepsiBezel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
I made a purchase from them via eBay. It was advertised as “unpolished” and I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It is hard to tell when a watch is truly unpolished. For my eye, the 5-digit reference arrived in great condition (but not too great, if that makes sense) and all the items/full set seemed consistent with the “unpolished” condition.

Their website and pictures have too much white-background so condition is hard to tell. So, I think purchases are still a bit of a roll of the dice — but they do advertise a return policy.
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 09:22 AM   #3
Will 79
"TRF" Member

Just received my submariner 14060 from them a week ago.
Was as described and am very pleased!
Will 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 12:45 PM   #4
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Thanks all … helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 03:16 AM   #5
Watch Maniac
"TRF" Member

Which location are you buying from?
Old 2 November 2022, 12:00 PM   #6
Watch Maniac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avera View Post
I have one caution. I bought a new GMT Master II Pepsi from them two weeks ago for $19,500. I had looked carefully in advance at their Return Policy given. Here is what it says:

"If you're not happy with your purchase you can return your item to Collectors Coins & Jewelry for up to 15 days for online purchases and 7 days for in-store purchases. All returns are subjected to a 5% restocking fee. Please note there will be NO returns on custom items. In-store purchased items may be subject up to a 10% restocking fee. Full price refunds will only be processed on full price purchases only, any discounted items will incur the same 10% restocking fee."

When I wrote them to say I was considering returning it, I was told I would be charged the 10% restocking fee (about $2,000) because the watch I bought was new. I responded that it did not say anything about that in the Return Policy but the response was basically that I was lucky to be getting any refund at all.

Here is Kevin's actual response, from the Massapequa location:

" For brand new watches, we generally do not accept returns at all. Shipping the watch exposes it to wear from handling which makes it much harder to retail again as brand new. As an accommodation, I am offering to accept a return with the 10% restocking fee."

I should note that the watch itself is perfectly fine and that the shipping, communication and everything else was good too. Just important to be aware of the issues with making a return, if that were to be necessary.
How can you get a refund on a new watch? Assuming you have been wearing it? Now it's pre-owned.
Old 2 November 2022, 12:26 PM   #7
Bill11783
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO, LV
These guys are reputable. Been to their store several times. I would have no problem dealing with them. They have a very large inventory and their prices seem to be the lowest I have seen.
Bill11783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2022, 12:50 PM   #8
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by avera View Post
I have one caution. I bought a new GMT Master II Pepsi from them two weeks ago for $19,500. I had looked carefully in advance at their Return Policy given. Here is what it says:

"If you're not happy with your purchase you can return your item to Collectors Coins & Jewelry for up to 15 days for online purchases and 7 days for in-store purchases. All returns are subjected to a 5% restocking fee. Please note there will be NO returns on custom items. In-store purchased items may be subject up to a 10% restocking fee. Full price refunds will only be processed on full price purchases only, any discounted items will incur the same 10% restocking fee."

When I wrote them to say I was considering returning it, I was told I would be charged the 10% restocking fee (about $2,000) because the watch I bought was new. I responded that it did not say anything about that in the Return Policy but the response was basically that I was lucky to be getting any refund at all.

Here is Kevin's actual response, from the Massapequa location:

" For brand new watches, we generally do not accept returns at all. Shipping the watch exposes it to wear from handling which makes it much harder to retail again as brand new. As an accommodation, I am offering to accept a return with the 10% restocking fee."

I should note that the watch itself is perfectly fine and that the shipping, communication and everything else was good too. Just important to be aware of the issues with making a return, if that were to be necessary.

That sounds like a very reasonable policy to me. Most watch sales are final.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2022, 06:04 AM   #9
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Sorry to bring a negative experience with them, not to be trusted. PM me if you want details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2022, 09:57 AM   #10
Zi Pie'
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one !
I dealt with Arthur for different watches. Everything went smoothly. Strongly suggested.
Zi Pie' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 10:34 PM   #11
Awaken
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I’ve trusted the above and can say I’ve lost a lot of $$ from them.
You have a 70% chance the watch is a replica and if the watch has no papers it’s most likely 95% it’s not Authentic. Check their prices it doesn’t make sense as well as the amount of watches with no warranty. Rolex folding inner clasp is a tell tale that the watches are not authentic. I have a picture of an explorer 2 I took a video of and pic that were extremely Sketch. Check the Hulk it’s guaranteed fake. Someone call a lawyer asap
Old 16 February 2023, 10:48 PM   #12
Awaken
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I’ve dealt with all 3 Arthur Rich and Eddie, all nice guys but watches are not so nice. Many are replicas.
Old 2 April 2023, 05:59 AM   #13
Hairbare
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyDweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I’ve dealt with all 3 Arthur Rich and Eddie, all nice guys but watches are not so nice. Many are replicas.
How many watches have you bought and/or taken to an AD from them?

Doing my DD. You seem to be adamant it’s bogus at their shop.

What other details can you share?
Hairbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 06:32 AM   #14
Hairbare
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyDweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Sorry to bring a negative experience with them, not to be trusted. PM me if you want details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you share more?
Hairbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 05:09 PM   #15
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Goodness me, I'm out of popcorn too, plenty of whiskey.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 02:23 AM   #16
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN
Pretty sure this guy asking the questions works there his profile was made this month LOL.. I had a buddy show me a video of an explorer 42 he saw there the watch was first supposedly 2020 and it had “the old style papers” which didn’t come out for that..
116519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 02:25 AM   #17
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN
I wouldn’t shop there, it’s basically a pawn shop that sells customized watches
116519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 05:01 AM   #18
FlyinHawaiian
"TRF" Member

Watch: This! 🍻
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
Considering a purchase of discontinued model full set from them. I would appreciate any advice or experience buying from them that you can share. Thank you.
Which model are you considering or did you get from them? I've been looking there as well.
FlyinHawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 08:33 AM   #19
schaumburgla
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513 Sub
I have done several deals over the yrs

Communication has always been great & watches arrived on time & as described.
Good Luck

Justin
schaumburgla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2023, 09:50 AM   #20
V1R
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
I've just made a purchase of a GMT II from Collectors 1946 off their website, and it arrived next day at my local fedex to be signed for. I had the item looked over by a local watch dealer, and was told it is legit.

The item was exactly as described on the website, and the communication was good. We discussed the item, total costs, and payment options prior to purchase via phone call, and then I pulled the trigger are some company research and reviews.

I found some negative feedback, mainly from the same couple of people though, and while I'm sorry your transaction didn't work out, I'd add to the majority of the positive feedback.

I was happy to pay the extra 2.5% credit card fee and put the payment through paypal for their purchase protection and my peace of mind.
V1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2023, 07:29 AM   #21
Ron Burgundy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTll
Collectors Experience

Bought a GMTll from the Massapequa location, and it went well, came in great shape, and authenticated fine. Communication was a little hit-and-miss via email, so I had to call a few times as they appeared to be busy and answers to emails took more than a day or two at times.

I'm now looking for a 43 Sea Dweller and am considering them again. The Huntington location had one, and again, the communication is a hit-and-miss on specific answers to questions.

One thing I did notice and not sure if they only do this on the sport models but out of the 14 models they had listed across all locations, they all had 7.5" bracelets (I need a 7.75"). Their prices are fair so I think they probably pad some margin in upsizing or other areas when they can. I asked if they would include an extra link if I bought the watch and that was one of those unanswered questions so I'm still looking.

Other than that, no real complaints.
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2023, 03:53 PM   #22
ChipWong
"TRF" Member

I would stay away from these link pinching scumbags.

Also their “unworn” watches are not in new condition.
ChipWong is offline   Reply With Quote