The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 3 September 2021, 10:28 PM   #1
bubblesz
"TRF" Member

<Singapore AP> Will I get chased out if I want to enquire on this watch ?

Assuming I have no purchase history with AP as my AD doesn't carry AP.
If I tell the Sales Rep that I am keen on 26315ST, will the AD chase me out of the shop?

Will want to have an AP eventually..
bubblesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 11:34 PM   #2
Fenrira
"TRF" Member

You won’t be chased out but will likely be told you’ll have to “build your profile” before they let you purchase a steel Royal Oak. You should consider going gray for the 26315st in rhodium if you don’t want to buy a Code or pay too much above retail. There’s no harm trying at the boutique first.
Fenrira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 12:03 AM   #3
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
You won't be "chased out". They will take note of your "interest" and said they will let you know if the watch is available, which is usually ( but not always ) just a polite way of telling you "NO".

If you are keen to build a relationship with the brand, perhaps start with a Diver or Code purchase. Those are easier to obtain. AP is very hot now. Just went to MBS boutique yesterday and they literally have no stock at all for sale. Everything is "wait-list"
Old 4 September 2021, 01:26 AM   #4
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I was able to help a friend of mine buy one of these as his 1st AP just before Christmas last year but I think it’s become quite a bit harder this year for them to justify a steel Royal Oak without purchase history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 03:47 AM   #5
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

All steel Royal Oaks now require prior purchase history if buying from boutiques, so you have no shot. Buy a code and something else and you can get on a real wait list for it
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 04:27 AM   #6
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
anything blue is going to be really tough without prior purchase.

i just got myself in the list for a full gold 15500 at liat towers, doubt its going to anytime soon.

i am a customer with them btw
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 05:28 AM   #7
pjm1289
"TRF" Member

I am searching for the same model in ruthenium. My understanding from visiting the boutique in New York is that it's all about relationship building, so visit a few times and keep in touch with the SA and you'll get one eventually.

No one in the boutique suggested I had to buy a 11.59 or several other pieces before getting on a list... it sounds like this is common from others on the forum, and frankly I find that to be a frustrating proposition if boutiques are suggesting you buy pieces you don't want to get the watch you really want.
pjm1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 06:09 AM   #8
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm1289 View Post
I am searching for the same model in ruthenium. My understanding from visiting the boutique in New York is that it's all about relationship building, so visit a few times and keep in touch with the SA and you'll get one eventually.

No one in the boutique suggested I had to buy a 11.59 or several other pieces before getting on a list... it sounds like this is common from others on the forum, and frankly I find that to be a frustrating proposition if boutiques are suggesting you buy pieces you don't want to get the watch you really want.
Maybe it’s like if they don’t suggest bottle service to get into the club, maybe they’re really saying they don’t want you to get into the clubs at all. (Please take tongue in cheek).

The other store in NYC for sure told me buy codes to get RO.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 06:16 AM   #9
bubblesz
"TRF" Member

Guess I shall save the trip down lol. Don't want to disrespect the brand and force myself to get a Code with little to no wrist time.
Old 4 September 2021, 07:19 AM   #10
pjm1289
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Maybe it’s like if they don’t suggest bottle service to get into the club, maybe they’re really saying they don’t want you to get into the clubs at all. (Please take tongue in cheek).

The other store in NYC for sure told me buy codes to get RO.
Ha, maybe my lack of experience clubbing makes me an undesirable candidate at AP
pjm1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 08:08 AM   #11
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesz View Post
Guess I shall save the trip down lol. Don't want to disrespect the brand and force myself to get a Code with little to no wrist time.
You should 100% still go to boutique. You never know.

But also best if visit with someone who is already a client.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 10:40 AM   #12
ramenlover
"TRF" Member

Just visit the boutique to try your luck. But when I try to queue for this, they tell me to buy a Code 11:59. Apparently because I already bought several “hot” Royal Oaks from them (which makes little sense because Royal Oak was not hot in 2015-2017), they will not allocate me a steel Royal Oak. New customer might get lucky if they can sense your genuine enthusiasm for the brand.
ramenlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 10:58 AM   #13
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

I wouldn't mind a Code, they are very nice, just way too expensive
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 10:58 AM   #14
Paneristi_111
Banned

Watch: PAM 960 PAM 320
The AP boutique is very pleasant, they won’t chase anyone out for whatever reason
But they will tell you bluntly what stock they have and what you can buy. You can request and they will call you back if available.

Paneristi_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 01:31 PM   #15
spryken
"TRF" Member

I’m one of the lucky one that start with 26315st blue panda in AP journey , but that was last year. I guess everything changed in 2021 due to the demand in 38mm ROC that fits many of us.

I’m still suggesting you to visit them and learn more about the brand, you might not end up with only 1 model that you like. Every relationships start from you to take initiative.

I don’t have a thought on code 11.59 last year, but this year, I’ve been waiting for my code 11.59 since April and it’s still not with me yet.

Fall in love with the code 11.59 after giving a second view and learn more about that piece. It’s definitely something cool to own. I know the price is a little bit steep, but given the build is gold/white gold, I think it’s make little extra sense.

For your info, I’ve got my second piece RO - hot model as well, but I’m still in for the Code 11.59 .

Good luck buddy
spryken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 01:37 PM   #16
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
I’m waiting for this piece and have a purchase history. I think it’s one of the best in the catalog. Seems everything gets exponentially harder to get as each year passes.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 04:10 PM   #17
Becweb
Banned

They will most likely call security and if you're lucky, you could only get jail time for 2 months as opposed to 1 year which is the norm in Singapore when you enquire about hard to get watches.
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 04:43 PM   #18
ialienam
"TRF" Member

I got this ROC early last year, and I have had an ok purchase history with my boutique. But always bought the things I want. So I am lucky

But I reached out to my SA yesterday about the new 42mm offshore, and she advised it’s now not easy to get. I once asked whats “bundle” deal with AP, she said we never bundle (but it was like 6 months ago), and she never asked me to buy a 11:59 as I am always happy to wait.
I have got my 38mm ROC, I am happy anyway,, the only complain is it’s not the new in house movement.
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 04:46 PM   #19
spryken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialienam View Post
I got this ROC early last year, and I have had an ok purchase history with my boutique. But always bought the things I want. So I am lucky

But I reached out to my SA yesterday about the new 42mm offshore, and she advised it’s now not easy to get. I once asked whats “bundle” deal with AP, she said we never bundle (but it was like 6 months ago), and she never asked me to buy a 11:59 as I am always happy to wait.
I have got my 38mm ROC, I am happy anyway,, the only complain is it’s not the new in house movement.

Congratulation and impress to hear that as well.
spryken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 10:22 PM   #20
bubblesz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becweb View Post
They will most likely call security and if you're lucky, you could only get jail time for 2 months as opposed to 1 year which is the norm in Singapore when you enquire about hard to get watches.
Old 5 September 2021, 02:26 AM   #21
Bbp
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=ialienam;11682406
I have got my 38mm ROC, I am happy anyway,, the only complain is it’s not the new in house movement.[/QUOTE]

Other than lower power reserve and flyback, the F.piguet 1185 is thinner and the chrono start actuation feel is way better than the new calibre 4401. I am kinda disappointed when i pressed on the start buttom of the code chrono… it feels like my speedy 1861
Bbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 11:26 AM   #22
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbp View Post
Other than lower power reserve and flyback, the F.piguet 1185 is thinner and the chrono start actuation feel is way better than the new calibre 4401. I am kinda disappointed when i pressed on the start buttom of the code chrono… it feels like my speedy 1861

Good to know!

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 12:42 PM   #23
HansGruber
"TRF" Member

I was also very lucky to get this same watch as my first AP earlier this year. I did have a few strong connections to the boutique, but when I first inquired in Jan, I was told they only get 1-2 a year, and to consider something else. I got a call 2 months later and even the SA was surprised I was "approved". She told me it would be coming sometime this year. A week later, I got the call that it was ready.

Its an incredible piece - Still absolutely in love with it.
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 12:55 PM   #24
ks58
Banned

I can't wait to own a Royal Oak in 41mm. Still trying and hope I'll get the call one day.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 05:17 PM   #25
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Should definitely head down to the boutique and show yourself. They don’t entertain walk-ins now so don’t take it the wrong way. Set an appointment for another day, head down and have a discussion with the SA. Imo, I find AP having the best customer service and will not force you to buy anything that you wouldn’t like. So you can discuss with them and go through the catalog and choose a few options that you might like, and you never know you can get lucky.

Having a friend that can recommend you in helps too.
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 05:52 PM   #26
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Can't hurt to ask

But with the recent price increase + taxes....boy at nearly $35k for a SS watch - certainly pause for thought
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote