The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 January 2018, 04:29 AM   #1
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Sea Dweller 126600 Waiting list

i reside in Melbourne, Australia and it seems next to impossible to be on the waiting list for this watch.

Went to the local AD (1 of only 3) and the salesperson advise this watch is in high demand and we cannot put anymore people's name on the waiting list.

My relative in Hong Kong has indicated that the waiting list is in the hundreds but at least you can get on.

Hopefully my other contact in HK can come through with the goods as he has personal contacts with ADs in HK.

for those who have it (purchased from an AD) im very envious.

is my local AD situation the same in your country?
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 04:35 AM   #2
Shaky
"TRF" Member

In the UK I wouldn’t say that lists are closed all over, some may well be, but they are trickling through. Still a very much in demand watch and difficult to get for MR Average though.
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 04:40 AM   #3
fleabag
"TRF" Member

Just gone on a list for this in the with AD , 6 month wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fleabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 04:43 AM   #4
T3F
"TRF" Member

I'm in the U.S., which seems to have shorter waiting lists than Australia, and I gave up. Multiple dealers refused to put me on their waiting lists and, of the ones I did get on, the quickest timeframe I was given was "hopefully within 6 months."

I strongly suggest looking at the forum sellers, ebay, and Chrono24 (where I bought mine). I paid $12,450 and got it the next day, which is barely more - a few hundred at most, depending on which state I bought the watch in - than I would have paid from an AD and it was brand new. Worst case scenario, you'll pay an extra $1,000 to get the watch now rather than in months (or even a year or more).
Old 12 January 2018, 04:45 AM   #5
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

It's still a pretty rare watch to get from the local ADs, from what I heard at the ADs I've visited they are hard to to come by just like the SS Daytona.
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 04:48 AM   #6
SeaDweller50
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 2 liner
I got the call a few months ago but they insisted they kept the warranty card for 1 year. I declined their kind offer on that basis. Reason? Because I admit I was going to sell it at a profit.
SeaDweller50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 04:52 AM   #7
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

For the SD43, the aftermarket pricing is very reasonable for such a beautiful and hard to find watch. I paid MSRP plus sale tax so it's about what you paid without the waiting, running around looking for one

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
I'm in the U.S., which seems to have shorter waiting lists than Australia, and I gave up. Multiple dealers refused to put me on their waiting lists and, of the ones I did get on, the quickest timeframe I was given was "hopefully within 6 months."

I strongly suggest looking at the forum sellers, ebay, and Chrono24 (where I bought mine). I paid $12,450 and got it the next day, which is barely more - a few hundred at most, depending on which state I bought the watch in - than I would have paid from an AD and it was brand new. Worst case scenario, you'll pay an extra $1,000 to get the watch now rather than in months (or even a year or more).
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 05:16 AM   #8
tng11
"TRF" Member

Not so hard to get one in Canada. They've been seen in display cases unsold for brief periods of time, and my AD could get me one in about a month.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 05:24 AM   #9
GenevaFan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Not so hard to get one in Canada. They've been seen in display cases unsold for brief periods of time, and my AD could get me one in about a month.
Also saw one at an AD in Canada in November.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk
GenevaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 05:48 AM   #10
genkifd
"TRF" Member

i rather get one from an AD (just my preference). from the sound of it, the availability is not equal world wide.

only if i lived in Canada or know anyone.

so really what the local AD has indicated is BS. however, there is some truth, as they are only provided with small numbers per month.

i may ask my cousin in UK if my HK connections fall through.
Old 12 January 2018, 07:47 AM   #11
Shaky
"TRF" Member

The whole situation may change after Basel when the next must have piece comes out and people switch lists !!
Old 12 January 2018, 07:56 AM   #12
Tanner
Banned

The AD in Italy where I got mine has no one on waiting list now.
I got mine after 4 months.
Smaller cities work better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 07:59 AM   #13
msf33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dornblueth
Interesting. I live in Virginia and decided I wanted a Deepsea (the blue dial). My local (15 min) AD did not have one but did have a SS ND Sub (which I almost bought in lieu).

The second AD (1 hour away) had a black dial SD plus a number of stainless Subs.

I decided to call around; on the second call, the AD had a blue dial Deepsea in stock. This was a little more than a week ago. I made the two hour drive (several days later), tried in on, and bought it on the spot.

It was about 3-4 days from deciding I wanted one to being able to purchase. Reading all of these threads maybe I just really lucked out. In any case, I was very pleased with the experience with this AD (they were great on the phone and in person), and all in all it took a few phone calls and two trips to AD's within a few hours radius to find exactly the one I wanted.

Good luck to you finding one - I find I like it even more than I thought I would and I'm sure you'll be pleased when you do find one.
msf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 08:47 AM   #14
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Keep going back, ask the salespersons name, get to know them, go back once a week, drop in let them know you are serious.

Else there are a couple of grey dealers in the CBD with 126600 in stock. Hefty bump over MSRP though. depends how desperate you are.
Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 08:59 AM   #15
Ignace Worang
"TRF" Member

Got from an AD in Napoli while on holiday.....walked in...chit chat..walked out with SD43 in the bag. Not advisable to wear Rolex on the street there ��. Grey prices seems fair....go for it.
Ignace Worang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 11:49 AM   #16
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Ive indicated to one of my local ad that i can pay cash here right then and there but still no.
Old 12 January 2018, 01:06 PM   #17
genkifd
"TRF" Member

If there was a local dealer had one in stock and was only a little more than rrp i would jump at it if it had the complete kit.
Old 12 January 2018, 01:11 PM   #18
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Best I have seen at a local grey is for AUD5K above MSRP, so not a little.
If you want to pay MSRP then you will need to schmooze and wait
Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 04:07 PM   #19
genkifd
"TRF" Member

But im happy to wait. How long i dont know? Paying 5k over rrp to me is rediculous.

Even in hk the grey dealers sell them for 4k aud over rrp.
Old 12 January 2018, 04:48 PM   #20
Ignace Worang
"TRF" Member

In sales forum I saw few with 1k over, quiet decent. Unsure about the import duty though.
Ignace Worang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 05:28 PM   #21
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
In Spain it was easy to get last year, back in May. I got phone calls from ADs and the local Rolex boutique. Could have bought several but decided to be reasonable and just got the first one to land at the AD beginning of May. If you plan on visiting Europe, southern countries where demand is not so high might have stock. Definetly worth calling them up and explaining your situation (an Australian tourist on holiday) prior to visiting the area.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 08:15 PM   #22
genkifd
"TRF" Member

unfortunately, my business has already started to ramp up and only time i have to get away is around xmas.

hopefully Rolex has no plans getting rid of this beautiful 50th Anni edition any time soon as the red writing is what really makes this watch stand out.
Old 12 January 2018, 08:30 PM   #23
rudestew
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD SD43 Mk1 50TH
Its just frustrating waiting for anything , iv been offered 3 in six months as i put my name down at multiple dealers . Only bought one and was tempted to buy another because its a lovely piece but then remembered how great it felt to get the call so i passed it up so someone else would get that call. I hope they come through and i hope the red text stays and that its a great success .
rudestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 08:43 PM   #24
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
The whole situation may change after Basel when the next must have piece comes out and people switch lists !!
Or maybe not

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=580135

(if true )

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 09:19 PM   #25
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The SD43 is my favorite SS Rolex diver of all time. I have a very good relationship with my AD and could not get this watch in what I considered a reasonable time frame. Of course, no discount plus sales tax. I went to a well known Trusted Seller and worked a deal and it was slightly more than I would have paid at full msrp plus tax but it has been worth it to me. A few dollars are not going to hold me up from a watch that I really want and plan on keeping for the long haul. Source the watch through the Grey market and get the best deal possible and enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 21858.jpeg (216.7 KB, 1231 views)
File Type: jpg 20170725_111707.jpg (134.7 KB, 1230 views)

Last edited by 1William; 12 January 2018 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: spelling
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 11:03 PM   #26
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Apparently there will not be any more made

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=580135

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2018, 11:05 PM   #27
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
My AD only got one in this year, so I feel very fortunate to have scored it.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 01:56 AM   #28
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

Wasn’t aware of that Devildog, but like you say it might not change then !!!!!

Got to look back now to see what the full comment was.

Old 13 January 2018, 04:12 AM   #29
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Having found and read that thread. Think I will stick to my original comment thanks.

Think there is more chance of my scenario happening than the red text being eliminated lol.

However if it does. I have one for sale £20k if any of you were unlucky enough to miss out on a 12 month watch run and have money to throw away !!!!!!

Old 13 January 2018, 04:34 AM   #30
genkifd
"TRF" Member

for those who have purchased the SD43 from your AD you are very lucky IMO.

hopefully all comes through via my HK contact.

at my local AD all you see is a sea of Day Dates and Day Justs. anything outside of these are not stocked and required to be on the waiting list (if possible). Actually seeing so many DJ & DD kind of turns me off them