The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 June 2018, 05:49 AM   #31
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
100% not mistaken. It was only a couple of weeks ago so I think I would remember.

They only had one DJ41 with a blue dial which came with the oyster bracelet. I didn’t like it so I asked if they could change it and they did it within 15 minutes. This was all before I purchased the watch. When I did decide to buy however, they obviously charged me the extra £50 for the jubilee.

If your AD is telling you they can’t change it, they’re lying. Probably just want to save themselves the hassle of changing it.
If the other watch became a collectible watch in 50 years and because the bracelet did not match the part description according to serial numbers, the value drops, I will sue the sxxt out of the dealer that sold me the watch (if they did not disclose the information, of course).
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 05:49 AM   #32
Ped22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
what?! I hope the future owner of the other watch is ok with that. I wouldn't want to buy a watch with bracelet that didn't come with the original watch.
Why does it matter? You’re not separating a child from its parent... it’s just a bracelet. Original Rolex part changed by authorised dealer before it was sold.

Anyhow, if the potential buyer of the other watch didn’t want an oyster on his watch, he could ask to have a jubilee as well.
Ped22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 05:52 AM   #33
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
Update. Got off the phone with Rolex. If you want to switch you CAN. It’s $1400 for the oyster bracelet if you have the jubilee. I’m actually pissed because my AD had me buy 2 watches. Anyways there you go. Confirmed from Rolex direct. I stand corrected. My next call will be to my AD. But feel like it will be pointless unless I can get on the Pepsi waitlist because of their err that cost me 9k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know what - even though $1400 is obviously a lot for a bracelet having both options for the DJ41 would be great. I think both offer something very different in terms of look and style. Definitely something to consider I think.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 05:54 AM   #34
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Update. Got off the phone with Rolex. If you want to switch you CAN. It’s $1400 for the oyster bracelet if you have the jubilee. I’m actually pissed because my AD had me buy 2 watches. Anyways there you go. Confirmed from Rolex direct. I stand corrected. My next call will be to my AD. But feel like it will be pointless unless I can get on the Pepsi waitlist because of their err that cost me 9k.

teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 05:56 AM   #35
Ped22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If the other watch became a collectible watch in 50 years and because the bracelet did not match the part description according to serial numbers, the value drops, I will sue the sxxt out of the dealer that sold me the watch (if they did not disclose the information, of course).
Would be interested to know what parts of the watch are listed under its serial number.
Old 28 June 2018, 06:03 AM   #36
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Would be interested to know what parts of the watch are listed under its serial number.

Me as well. Wondered why the same model number was used for both jubilee and oyster.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 06:25 AM   #37
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why does it matter? You’re not separating a child from its parent... it’s just a bracelet. Original Rolex part changed by authorised dealer before it was sold.

Anyhow, if the potential buyer of the other watch didn’t want an oyster on his watch, he could ask to have a jubilee as well.
I don't think it is that simple. If it was that simple, there won't be people trying so hard and paying top dollars to buy Jubilee or Glidelock bracelet to put on their watches.
Old 28 June 2018, 06:49 AM   #38
Ped22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think it is that simple. If it was that simple, there won't be people trying so hard and paying top dollars to buy Jubilee or Glidelock bracelet to put on their watches.
On the professional models it might make a difference. You can find a DJ41 with jubilee bracelet as easily as you can find one with an oyster bracelet and for me it was as easy as asking the question...

I’m sure if I asked them to change it to a non-standard combo they would object.
Old 28 June 2018, 07:02 AM   #39
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

For what it's worth, a little sight seeing over in the classified section shows that the North American warranty card for a DateJust 41 shows the reference number - 126334, dial color - Blue, Black, etc and the bracelet - 72610 for oyster bracelet and 62610 for jubilee bracelet. Whether this will lead to problems with RSC or selling watch in future - your guess is as good as mine.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 07:13 AM   #40
JTejeda320
Banned

It definitely can be switched. When I purchased my DJ41 it had a jubilee bracelet on it and I had it swapped for an oyster.
JTejeda320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 07:30 AM   #41
Gmt+10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:

I'm certain your AD knew about the compatibility and just wanted to close another deal.

Thanks for confirming with Rolex.
Gmt+10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 09:46 AM   #42
rickb
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone
rickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 09:47 AM   #43
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmt+10 View Post
I'm certain your AD knew about the compatibility and just wanted to close another deal.

Thanks for confirming with Rolex.

I agree. After talking to Rolex and explaining the situation they told me that they can not switch the bands at store level. This is where the salesman got it mixed up. Anyways getting on the Pepsi list was a no but after talking to the AD manager I seem to be next on the SS skydweller blue that I have been eyeing even though I don’t “remember” Puting my name on any “list”. So I have a feeling there is no concrete order to these “list”. I also asked if swapping out bracelets is allowed at store level and I got a no. So those who have swapped have been lucky. Was told if a certain configuration was not available it must be ordered. So I don’t know anymore.

Old 28 June 2018, 09:51 AM   #44
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
You know what - even though $1400 is obviously a lot for a bracelet having both options for the DJ41 would be great. I think both offer something very different in terms of look and style. Definitely something to consider I think.

For $1400 to have almost 2 different Rolex watches is a steal. I can tell you that the oyster and jubilee wear miles different. Had I known this earlier I obviously would have went that route and not paid so much for another DJ. To me knowing this makes the DJ41 a must buy if your wrist can fit it. It’s too small for my wrist so I got the DJll. So only oyster for me unless you can tell me a jubilee that will fit the DJll. Thanks

Old 28 June 2018, 09:53 AM   #45
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

It’s likely down to springbars but nothing else. I put a Sub bracelet on my LN GMT and it will only snap into place using the springbars from the GMT’s PCL bracelet, NOT with the springbars from the sub bracelet. Don’t know how that is, but it is.
The DJ2 cannot accept a Jubilee bracelet so you’re stuck with oyster if you buy a DJ2.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 10:29 AM   #46
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
On the professional models it might make a difference. You can find a DJ41 with jubilee bracelet as easily as you can find one with an oyster bracelet and for me it was as easy as asking the question...

I’m sure if I asked them to change it to a non-standard combo they would object.
On the DJ41.
They will change the Bracelet in store if the watches on display aren't configured as the customer wishes with respect to dial and bezel with either Bracelet option. With option being the operative word.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 10:54 AM   #47
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT Aviator View Post
It’s likely down to springbars but nothing else. I put a Sub bracelet on my LN GMT and it will only snap into place using the springbars from the GMT’s PCL bracelet, NOT with the springbars from the sub bracelet. Don’t know how that is, but it is.

The DJ2 cannot accept a Jubilee bracelet so you’re stuck with oyster if you buy a DJ2.

Thanks. I’m ok with the oyster but would like the jubilee for weekends. On well. I knew this while trading my DJ41 for it. But to me the extra few mm makes all the difference. I’ll stick with the DJll for now and maybe after my diet look at the DJ41 again knowing I can switch bracelets. I think the silver dial would be unbeatable. I liked the black dial but with the crystal being a fingerprint magnet I noticed I was wiping it all the time. With the rhodium hardly ever.

Old 28 June 2018, 11:23 AM   #48
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I understand that it was ok for you since you wanted Jubilee and dealer wanted to make the sale, so they swapped it for you.
But honestly... Rolex is an expensive purchase. I believe most of the people would want to buy a watch with all original parts that came from the factory. I personally would not buy a watch from AD with "swapped" bracelet. there is a reason people buy from AD. To make sure everything is original, brand new.
Old 28 June 2018, 11:26 AM   #49
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Can be done - I saw my AD did it right infront of me when I asked the same question before I purchased my 126300.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 11:48 AM   #50
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You're not supposed to be able to source a separate bracelet -- like with bezels, dials, and other swappable parts, you're supposed to trade the part, not end up with two. However, there's clearly some discretion involved.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 02:53 PM   #51
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
DateJust 41 question

Every watch that I have bought has had the bracelet number written on the warranty card right under the serial number and model number.

I can’t imagine that an AD ( in USA at least as that is what my experience is) would replace a bracelet with another watch, thereby making two brand new watches not match their respective warranty cards. If my AD offered to do that, I would not buy from them.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 03:08 PM   #52
melrob1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand that it was ok for you since you wanted Jubilee and dealer wanted to make the sale, so they swapped it for you.
But honestly... Rolex is an expensive purchase. I believe most of the people would want to buy a watch with all original parts that came from the factory. I personally would not buy a watch from AD with "swapped" bracelet. there is a reason people buy from AD. To make sure everything is original, brand new.
It’s different in Europe. The cards do not have bracelet numbers. They will swap out bracelets on DJ41’s and it won’t be anything that takes away from the original watch. US is different. I’ve purchased a DJ41 in Austria and Italy. Both would change the bracelet if they don’t have the right configuration .
melrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 01:10 PM   #53
ADSMFreddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Turn-o-Graph
It’s most likely possible I have a DJ 36 with both bracelets and can swap them out really easy.

ADSMFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 01:30 PM   #54
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
after talking to the AD manager I seem to be next on the SS skydweller blue that I have been eyeing
So, to compensate you for swindling you out of $9,000, the AD will allow you to give them $15,000 more dollars? Alrighty then......quite a racket they have going on.

They lied to you to get you to spend money. I would certainly not reward them by giving them more money.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 02:34 PM   #55
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You must be mistaken. NO way a AD would swap out a new watch like that.

Sorry, you are wrong. My AD swapped the Oyster for a Jubilee on the spot, on a new watch, while I watched.. It took no time at all. They are interchangeable, that's not an 'opinion', it's a fact.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 03:15 PM   #56
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
Sorry, you are wrong. My AD swapped the Oyster for a Jubilee on the spot, on a new watch, while I watched.. It took no time at all. They are interchangeable, that's not an 'opinion', it's a fact.

Maybe but the serial numbers tell what bracelet is supposed to be on the watch. When you send it into service I hope you don’t have a hard time. I just find it hard to believe. I wanted my first watch jubilee. Could have just swapped but told me they would order and it would be in 2 weeks. Maybe some ADs have different policies.

Old 29 June 2018, 03:21 PM   #57
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post

Maybe but the serial numbers tell what bracelet is supposed to be on the watch. When you send it into service I hope you don’t have a hard time. I just find it hard to believe. I wanted my first watch jubilee. Could have just swapped but told me they would order and it would be in 2 weeks. Maybe some ADs have different policies.

Old 29 June 2018, 03:24 PM   #58
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melrob1 View Post
It’s different in Europe. The cards do not have bracelet numbers. They will swap out bracelets on DJ41’s and it won’t be anything that takes away from the original watch. US is different. I’ve purchased a DJ41 in Austria and Italy. Both would change the bracelet if they don’t have the right configuration .
The same here in OZ
Old 29 June 2018, 03:26 PM   #59
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The bracelet type is an option on the DJ41
Old 29 June 2018, 04:51 PM   #60
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
Bought my wife a lady datejust 26 tt fluted jubilee in Dec 2017 (last of the old stock) The AD told me that it was originally on an oyster and was swapped because someone wanted the oyster when they bought a watch. He said the new warranty card shows oyster so we’ll have to get you a new warranty card from Rolex. He showed me the card which had the watch reference and the oyster reference. A week later I received a new warranty card with no bracelet reference.

He said it’s perfectly normal practice to swap bracelets and going forward a lot of warranty cards won’t have Bracelet info on, so that we can swap bracelets in store.

The 36 is no exception and neither is the 41.
RoRoRo is online now   Reply With Quote