The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 June 2018, 04:54 PM   #61
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
Maybe but the serial numbers tell what bracelet is supposed to be on the watch. When you send it into service I hope you don’t have a hard time. I just find it hard to believe. I wanted my first watch jubilee. Could have just swapped but told me they would order and it would be in 2 weeks. Maybe some ADs have different policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn’t work like this (anymore). No serial numbers on the warranty card for Bracelet info
RoRoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 05:33 PM   #62
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoRoRo View Post
Doesn’t work like this (anymore). No serial numbers on the warranty card for Bracelet info

Interesting. So the serial number when they run it won’t show original bracelet?

teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 05:40 PM   #63
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
Quote:
Interesting. So the serial number when they run it won’t show original bracelet?

Correct. It’s just a ‘package’ now
RoRoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 07:41 PM   #64
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoRoRo View Post
Correct. It’s just a ‘package’ now

I stand corrected. That’s why i love this forum because it’s so filled with information. I know the WIS in most cases even know more then the ADs. So thank you for the information. I can admit when I’m wrong and I love to learn new things. I wish i had this information before when I first bought my DJ41s. But better late then never.

Old 12 March 2019, 12:40 AM   #65
R G
Banned

DateJust 41 question

I’d just like to reignite this thread after a few months hiatus.

Rolex hold the serial number for the watch itself, along with a note of what it’s original bracelet allocation was, on file.

However, you can purchase a DJ41 and it is indeed possible for an AD to swap a jubilee for an oyster, or vice-versa, if required by the customer if the configuration isn’t in stock - Rolex confirmed this for me.

Alternatively, you can always tell that you’re buying a watch with the original bracelet as it is shown on the white inventory tag.

The tag shows the model number, case type, and bracelet it was allocated with when it left the factory, as shown in the image.

For example, 0003 means a silver dial with Oyster, whereas 0004 means a silver dial with a Jubilee.

I found out that when you use the configuration tool on the Rolex website, once you’ve selected your spec, the code is shown on the search bar - which will correlate with the white inventory tag when you actually buy the watch.

R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 12:57 AM   #66
FloridaRolexGuy23
Banned

On the last few watches I’ve bought the warranty card has the bracelet model slapped right on the front of the card so this business of ads changing out bracelets on the spot to make customers happy seems a little suspect to me and I dunno if I buy it or the salesperson just has no idea that info is even on the card.
FloridaRolexGuy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 01:11 AM   #67
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRolexGuy23 View Post
On the last few watches I’ve bought the warranty card has the bracelet model slapped right on the front of the card so this business of ads changing out bracelets on the spot to make customers happy seems a little suspect to me and I dunno if I buy it or the salesperson just has no idea that info is even on the card.

You’re in the US so the bracelet is stated on the card. Here in the UK it’s only the white inventory tag that states the type of bracelet - in code.

Obviously, the average buyer isn’t going to know what codes go with what.
Old 12 March 2019, 01:14 AM   #68
FloridaRolexGuy23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R G View Post
You’re in the US so the bracelet is stated on the card. Here in the UK it’s only the white inventory tag that states the type of bracelet - in code.

Obviously, the average buyer isn’t going to know what codes go with what.
My bad had no idea cards were different via location around the globe, I learn something new everyday here.
FloridaRolexGuy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 01:44 AM   #69
R G
Banned

DateJust 41 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRolexGuy23 View Post
My bad had no idea cards were different via location around the globe, I learn something new everyday here.

No worries. I spent ages last night trying to work out what the codes meant and how they correlated with the configuration tool on the Rolex site.

There are some who already know this here - I got a few pointers, but believe me, when I worked it out I felt like I’d unlocked the Davinci Code!

Cheers
Old 12 March 2019, 01:50 AM   #70
Roleplay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You must be mistaken. NO way a AD would swap out a new watch like that.

On the contrary, it is quite a common practice at ADs. In the past, maybe up to ten years ago, ADs would even swap dials between watches for you on the spot. They’ve stopped this now, so they swap bracelets instead to get you the dial you want with the bracelet you want.

Roleplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 03:35 AM   #71
dwjpaypal
"TRF" Member

Just to confirm.

I've just come from Rolex on Bond Street (basically re-branded Goldsmiths), and they offered to;

Swap the jubilee bracelet to an oyster on the spot.
Allow me to purchase the watch in any colour dial and they would order the Rhodium dial from Rolex and swap it out for me within 24 hours.

Basically, if you want a particular configuration these days, just buy the watch reference you want and everything else is interchangable!

David
dwjpaypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 03:37 AM   #72
mbrown55
Banned

Watch: Sea Dweller 126600
I gave up trying to get a jubilee bracelet for mine and just traded it for one just like it with the jubilee. Paid a 1000 exchange but I got such a deal on the oyster I didnt mine. The jubilee lists for about 800 more anyway. If you are interested in trading I found several reputable resellers willing to do a trade for a reasonable fee.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 08:57 AM   #73
geziah
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300 white
I bought two DJ41 from an AD last week. One slate and one white. They were both on oyster but I asked for them on jubilee and they changed them for me. It cost me £50 extra for each one. They just check to make sure that they have another of the same model in stock with a jubilee before they change them.
geziah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 10:39 AM   #74
DMM_78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleplay View Post
On the contrary, it is quite a common practice at ADs. In the past, maybe up to ten years ago, ADs would even swap dials between watches for you on the spot. They’ve stopped this now, so they swap bracelets instead to get you the dial you want with the bracelet you want.

The warranty card has the bracelet number on it. Swapping the bracelet would make the card incorrect.

DMM_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 03:49 PM   #75
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM_78 View Post
The warranty card has the bracelet number on it. Swapping the bracelet would make the card incorrect.

As previously mentioned in this thread - European cards don’t have that. Only the white inventory tag provides a code which stands for either jubilee or oyster.
Old 13 March 2019, 11:03 PM   #76
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb View Post
Hello everyone can a DateJust 41 with oyster bracelet be changed to a jubilee?
I know this has been mentioned, but I just want to reiterate that you can, as a matter of fact, buy a bracelet. I have two DJ41s, one SS and one TT, my AD has sold me an extra bracelet for each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7389.JPG (193.6 KB, 130 views)
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2019, 01:31 AM   #77
mams2000
"TRF" Member

Dj 41

Hi guys,

I just spoke to 2 ADs, one in Casablanca, and one in Paris, and they both said that only the newest DJ 41 can have their bracelets changed, and that they could not do it for mine (bought in 2017).

I would like to change my Oyster bracelet to Jubilee, so I would appreciate if anyone can recommend an AD that will accept to do it.

Thanks
mams2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2019, 01:43 AM   #78
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams2000 View Post
Hi guys,

I just spoke to 2 ADs, one in Casablanca, and one in Paris, and they both said that only the newest DJ 41 can have their bracelets changed, and that they could not do it for mine (bought in 2017).

I would like to change my Oyster bracelet to Jubilee, so I would appreciate if anyone can recommend an AD that will accept to do it.

Thanks
If it's a DJ41, regardless of manufacture year, the bracelet is interchangeable between oyster and jubilee.

Do you have a DJ2? Which is a 41mm DJ, but a different watch from the 'DJ41'.
Old 6 September 2019, 01:48 AM   #79
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
No. I bought the jubilee and the oyster they are NOT interchangeable. Once you buy one band that’s it. I learned the very expensive and hard way. And this was confirmed by my Rolex AD.

This is incorrect - sorry. I purchased the DJ 41 on Oyster and after checking with RSC in Dallas was able to order the Jubilee through my AD here in Phoenix, which is Hyde Park Jewelers at the Biltmore. $1550 plus tax for the Jubilee.

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Gordon Rolex 04.jpeg (179.7 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2608.jpeg (80.7 KB, 99 views)
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 08:31 AM   #80
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
This is incorrect - sorry. I purchased the DJ 41 on Oyster and after checking with RSC in Dallas was able to order the Jubilee through my AD here in Phoenix, which is Hyde Park Jewelers at the Biltmore. $1550 plus tax for the Jubilee.

Ben

Right. I posted above in the thread that I was incorrect and that you can. I was told by my AD you couldn’t and that information is wrong. Thanks.

Old 29 September 2019, 08:45 AM   #81
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Gordon Rolex 03.jpeg (178.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2584 3.jpg (114.9 KB, 89 views)
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 10:51 AM   #82
GeoffS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
My DJ41 was on an oyster when I viewed it but I didn’t like the oyster so the AD changed it over to a jubilee there and then so it is definitely interchangable. In fact they swapped the bracelet with another DJ41.
+1

Definitely the case. I was looking at a DJ41 on Oyster as my AD and said "I would have preferred this on Jubilee". "No problem, we will just swap it" came the reply.
GeoffS is offline   Reply With Quote