The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 September 2023, 09:28 AM   #1
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Rubber strap for 37mm YM steel?

I checked Everest, rubberB, Horus…
Can’t seem to find a basic high quality rubber strap for sale for the 37mm steel or 2 tone Yachtmaster. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2023, 12:21 PM   #2
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

From my research, it seems the yachtmaster 37mm has lug width of 18mm.
I did find a few very cheap rubber bands on Amazon that are sized for 18mm but not sure how solid a cheap strap like they will hold up to daily use etc.
Old 20 September 2023, 04:29 PM   #3
Rolex2008
Banned

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat0r View Post
From my research, it seems the yachtmaster 37mm has lug width of 18mm.
I did find a few very cheap rubber bands on Amazon that are sized for 18mm but not sure how solid a cheap strap like they will hold up to daily use etc.

Check out Barton Elite. They offer some lovely textured rubber straps of great quality and provide many colours to match the watch in question.

I’ve bought 4 over the years and although they are affordable, don’t let that fool you into thinking they are not great quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 02:27 AM   #4
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex2008 View Post
Check out Barton Elite. They offer some lovely textured rubber straps of great quality and provide many colours to match the watch in question.

I’ve bought 4 over the years and although they are affordable, don’t let that fool you into thinking they are not great quality.

I'll second Barton. Have also had more than one strap from them. Would recommend.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 05:34 AM   #5
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
I'll second Barton. Have also had more than one strap from them. Would recommend.
Thank you very much for the suggestions!

I’ve placed orders with Barton for the elite silicone 18mm using Amazon as the 18mm wasn't available on their main website.

I also ordered Bandini, Strap Seeker Dexter, and Strapco Dassari FKM.

Everest, Horus, and rubber B all got back to me and confirmed they do not have a product that would fit this watch. But it’s ok, as long as one of these straps is high enough quality to do the job.

FYI, the YM37TT is a gift for my wife. She wants a sturdy dive watch but also wants some bling without being over the top. She likes the darker themes with rose gold. Her favorite is the full rose gold YM37 with ceramic bezel and oysterflex, but it’s out of the budget and the clasp will get destroyed with daily use, dealing with the kids, pool and beach, shower, dishes, gun range, whatever workhorse tasks she needs to do. She has a DJ36TT, so I figured the 37mm size will work nicely with this being the true sport watch and the DJ36 being the more formal one. The plan is to have it look like this picture (and can always put the oyster bracelet back on if she gets bored)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1778.jpeg (81.8 KB, 266 views)
Old 21 September 2023, 05:36 AM   #6
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Also thanks to Davidsw for the incredibly smooth transaction as always on the watch purchase itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1779.jpeg (69.4 KB, 268 views)
Old 21 September 2023, 05:41 AM   #7
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I’m also a Barton Bands fan, have various colored rubber straps on most of my Seikos. Those companies charging $200+ for rubber straps should give you at least a kiss with them.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 06:01 AM   #8
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Maybe look for a black strap that has a red accent, like stitching, if it's fabric. Could be a cool color combo with the black dial & red text.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 11:31 AM   #9
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I’m also a Barton Bands fan, have various colored rubber straps on most of my Seikos. Those companies charging $200+ for rubber straps should give you at least a kiss with them.
Thank you. Agreed. Of course I’m skeptical of a $20 ebay or Amazon strap which is holding up my $10-20k watch through vigorous activities….but end of the day, it’s molded silicone. If Barton can do it for a fraction of the price, then I’d be a fool not to go that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
Maybe look for a black strap that has a red accent, like stitching, if it's fabric. Could be a cool color combo with the black dial & red text.
I think the red stripe is really cool. Not sure what the Mrs will think about that so just going with all black for now to see how it goes. They are so cheap and simple to swap so it’s absolutely an option down the road.
Old 21 September 2023, 04:09 PM   #10
Rolex2008
Banned

Watch: Various
Quote:
Thank you very much for the suggestions!

I’ve placed orders with Barton for the elite silicone 18mm using Amazon as the 18mm wasn't available on their main website.

I also ordered Bandini, Strap Seeker Dexter, and Strapco Dassari FKM.

Everest, Horus, and rubber B all got back to me and confirmed they do not have a product that would fit this watch. But it’s ok, as long as one of these straps is high enough quality to do the job.

FYI, the YM37TT is a gift for my wife. She wants a sturdy dive watch but also wants some bling without being over the top. She likes the darker themes with rose gold. Her favorite is the full rose gold YM37 with ceramic bezel and oysterflex, but it’s out of the budget and the clasp will get destroyed with daily use, dealing with the kids, pool and beach, shower, dishes, gun range, whatever workhorse tasks she needs to do. She has a DJ36TT, so I figured the 37mm size will work nicely with this being the true sport watch and the DJ36 being the more formal one. The plan is to have it look like this picture (and can always put the oyster bracelet back on if she gets bored)

Excellent.

Please do report back and let us know how you and your wife get on with them.

Rolex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 07:10 AM   #11
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Excellent.

Please do report back and let us know how you and your wife get on with them.

Will do friend. Going to surprise her with the watch and straps in a few days. Will give an update and some pics when I do.

Here is the actual watch. Unworn and beautiful from DavidSW. The watch is a true stunner in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1825.jpeg (125.4 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1826.jpeg (91.1 KB, 220 views)
Old 24 September 2023, 08:53 AM   #12
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Ok all the straps came in.
They all seem really nice quality and good construction. Barton seemed the thinnest and most flexible. It also had a unique pattern vs the slick silicone look.
Strapco was the only strap with a curve to match the case shape of the watch. It has the most factory look and more matches an oysterflex than the other ones. My Everest band for my previous sea dweller was very similar to this (but an extra $100 lol)
I put on the Barton and Strapco. Leaving the Strapco on for now. Only concern is that it is too long for the Misses so I may have to swap to Barton which comes with a long and short strap.
Overall happy with these choices. Hope my wife is even happier when I show her the gift.

Enjoy the pics. You’ll see the textured strap is the Barton and the smooth one is the Strapco. The pic on my 7.75” wrist is the Strapco band. Also included a bonus pic of her DJ36. What do you think of her formal & sport combination?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0013.jpeg (179.9 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0015.jpeg (133.7 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0017.jpeg (188.0 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0018.jpeg (94.4 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0020.jpeg (79.6 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0021.jpeg (104.8 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0023.jpeg (110.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0024.jpeg (110.5 KB, 186 views)
Old 1 October 2023, 12:31 PM   #13
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Updating this thread

I finally gave her the watch and she absolutely loves it. Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

The strapco band wound up being too long for her wrist. It was so long that she put it on the tightest setting and the end of the strap was hitting the bezel. Swapped to the Barton, which overall felt like the best quality and was a bit unique with its “quilted” pattern. Barton came with a long and short strap. Even with the short strap, it’s still a bit longer than I would like but she thinks it’s totally fine and loves it.

She is using the watch as a true daily. Mission accomplished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0167.jpeg (52.9 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0164.jpeg (37.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0166.jpeg (49.4 KB, 136 views)
Old 1 October 2023, 09:13 PM   #14
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
How do the Barton spring bars fit?
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2023, 09:31 PM   #15
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations to her
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2023, 10:39 PM   #16
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
How do the Barton spring bars fit?
Seems good! It even has a quick release type setup that makes removal easy without a tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Congratulations to her
Thank you!
Old 21 October 2023, 03:22 PM   #17
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Updating this thread

I finally gave her the watch and she absolutely loves it. Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

The strapco band wound up being too long for her wrist. It was so long that she put it on the tightest setting and the end of the strap was hitting the bezel. Swapped to the Barton, which overall felt like the best quality and was a bit unique with its “quilted” pattern. Barton came with a long and short strap. Even with the short strap, it’s still a bit longer than I would like but she thinks it’s totally fine and loves it.

She is using the watch as a true daily. Mission accomplished.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 12:28 AM   #18
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you Sir.

Been a few weeks and she’s worn it every day and totally loves it. Has received many compliments on it. One of her mom friends asked her about it and had no idea you could change straps.