The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 October 2016, 11:06 PM   #1
KarlS
Banned

F P Journe - Buying ore owned at Boutiques

Thus is bound to protect the resale price and what I said Patek should gave fine ages ago.
http://www.fpjourne.com/fpj-patrimoine/en
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2016, 11:10 PM   #2
texex91
"TRF" Member

That's a dangerous cycle as there is no way to buy your way out of lagging secondary market pricing ultimately.

Love to see what they pay...not much is my guess.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2016, 11:22 PM   #3
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
That's a dangerous cycle as there is no way to buy your way out of lagging secondary market pricing ultimately.

Love to see what they pay...not much is my guess.
I think the trick is to use this for upgrades. Thus give you 20% less than your purchase price as long as you buy a watch say 50% more. Watches of Switzerland for years offered 100% guaranteed but back in Rolex as long as you bought a new more expensive one. They can't buyback too low as this will perpetuate the concern of second hand prices.

The fact that each watch comes with an additional 3 year guarantee is like extending your cars motor plan.
Old 7 October 2016, 11:24 PM   #4
texex91
"TRF" Member

I understand how it works.

When a brand does it for their watches, I don't think it a good sign.

Just my .02.

More power to FPJ for trying.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 04:29 AM   #5
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Thus is bound to protect the resale price and what I said Patek should gave fine ages ago.

http://www.fpjourne.com/fpj-patrimoine/en

I think it s a nice service but the output of PP is just too high offering the same.

iPhone/Tapatalk

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 04:35 AM   #6
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I like it...why not
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 04:47 AM   #7
martinr
"TRF" Member

I've been treated really well by Journe and have never owned one, considered the same watch Karl has in platinum but didn't buy. Last week I got an email invitation to a brunch at the LA boutique with Francois Paul himself but had to decline. The point is, Journe spends a lot of money and it seems with only 900 watches a year selling these preowned guaranteed restored pieces might be necessary for operating money especially if they anticipate a slowdown in new sales. Or maybe they've seen too many watches come back that weren't serviced properly and want to make sure the pieces that need service are done right, better for their reputation in the long run.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 05:20 AM   #8
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Interesting, I like it also.

I guess FPJ incurs more risk as we consumers can shop against their inventory. The advantage of buying through them is trusted product vs open market. Good for consumer, right?
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 05:28 AM   #9
KarlS
Banned

We wouldn't think twice about trading in a Merc to buy another new and I certainly would prefer buying used from a dealer with an extended warranty versus out the classifieds!!! Considering acwatch is more than a car can't see why we would view thus any more negatively!!

Another thing to consider...if you give the AD's 50-60% room to mark up this is additional markup that the boutiques will earn for FPJ. Thus they have capacity to buy watch back at retail and sell it at a loss to them but make it up in the margin. This way you don't take a hammering like an ALS
Old 8 October 2016, 05:34 AM   #10
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
We wouldn't think twice about trading in a Merc to buy another new and I certainly would prefer buying used from a dealer with an extended warranty versus out the classifieds!!! Considering acwatch is more than a car can't see why we would view thus any more negatively!!

Another thing to consider...if you give the AD's 50-60% room to mark up this is additional markup that the boutiques will earn for FPJ. Thus they have capacity to buy watch back at retail and sell it at a loss to them but make it up in the margin. This way you don't take a hammering like an ALS
Exactly.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote