The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 27 November 2017, 11:35 PM   #31
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
I’m not sure why disclosing what it was that changed your mind about the watch is inappropriate. If it’s something having to do with some of it being fake you should post this in the Watch Out subforum. Otherwise, why not share here?
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2017, 12:17 AM   #32
oldfox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
Quick search shows that it sold for $450 less than you paid at the end of October. Would guess the buyer either didn't pay or it was returned and relisted
So it goes +$450 every additional listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172998943841
oldfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 07:13 AM   #33
nadavgalimidi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263 Daytona
Hello All.

I just found this post and even though its a couple of month old already I thought I should comment on it as I am the seller of this watch.
I can very easily clarify the sequence of events as I have nothing to hide.

What happened is very simple. The first time it "Sold" I received the following e-mail from the winning bidder after a couple of days went by with no payment (your classic "Deadbeat bidder"):

I re-listed the watch (at fixed price format this time as I did not want to deal with more time wasting bidders) and it was sold to Bradly (the OP).

The minute hand on this watch was apparently from a mid 60's Sub, so the Tritium did glow (for a brief ~10 seconds) after being exposed to light. vs. the dial & hour/sweep hands which do not glow at all (as typical for late 70's Rolexes).

Probably a mistake on my part for not checking it under light before listing. However, the hand still was 1000% original vintage Rolex Tritium hand (alas being an earlier one from the mid 60's).

As the OP mentioned, he was new to the vintage world, and I assume that this was his first vintage watch purchase.

On top of that, it is my opinion that he is a bit of a "Nervous Nellie."
(Did a whole background check on me, and even called LAWW to ask about me and the watch...).

Once he received the watch, he called me to say that he checked the watch but wanted to return it because the minute hand was glowing, I immediately agreed to take it back. No questions asked. I even covered the expense for overnight shipping to the buyer & overnight return shipping.

Just as a side note, I also tried to explain to him that earlier (mid 60's Tritium) does still glow and the hand was 1000% original Tritium (I was not trying to convince him to keep the watch by any means, just to make him understand that the hand was not re-lumed or luminova as he claimed it was).

I received the watch back, buyer was fully refunded, and I had a correct hour hand installed by LAWW and that's that.

So that's the story.

Very simple. There's nothing "Shady" or "Suspicious" about myself or this deal.

Best,

Nadav.
nadavgalimidi is offline   Reply With Quote