The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 October 2006, 02:15 PM   #1
haakon59
"TRF" Member

Omega DeVille as a dress watch choice?

What do you guys think of the current model DeVille as a dress watch choice, #4631.31.31? It has the Co-axial movement of course, but doesn't seem to get much discussion on any of the forums. So let me ask: do you think it's a good choice, or would you rather have a two-tone Rolex Datejust, or perhaps the Zenith Class Elite, maybe the new Girard Perregaux Vintage 1966, or perhaps one of the Blancpain Villeret dress line which has a similar price point to the Omega. Which way would you go? Do you think the DeVille is just as good as some of the others I mentioned? Interested in your thoughts, thank you.
haakon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2006, 03:35 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
My personal choice would be the new style TT Datejust wth solid link Jubilee bracelet, but nothing wrong with the Co-axial movement either.

You would need to go in to your AD and try them all out. The others you mentioned are excellent watches too. Your choice naturally would be final.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2006, 05:13 PM   #3
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Since you are looking at Omegas, give the Aqua Terra Railmaster a try.

Great looking piece, hate to say it but it looks better than the Exp1 in my opinion and everyone knows how much I love the Exp1
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2006, 03:42 AM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well I have a Aqua Terra Co-axial movement,and must say its one of my most accurate watches

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2006, 03:51 AM   #5
C.J.
"TRF" Member

I like the DeVille power reserve as a dress watch myself. But as Roger said, the Railmaster is calling to me too.
Old 9 October 2006, 09:03 AM   #6
haakon59
"TRF" Member

It doesn't seem like there is that much enthusiam for the Omega DeVille, even with the co-axial movement. Especially if you compare this to the enthusiam of the legions of Datejust fans. To me the watch looks pretty nice, good movement, I like Omega, etc., but virtually no one seems to be a real fan of this model and I was trying to wrap my head around this to see why. I think they are using the 2500C movement now, which so far has not had any problems, at least that I have heard of. Guess I just don't get it. Maybe it will catch on later. Maybe the price is too high. Maybe they sell better in Europe than in the U.S. Maybe this means I just ought to go with the Datejust, Blancpain, or Zenith. Interesting.
haakon59 is offline   Reply With Quote