The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 May 2021, 10:04 AM   #1
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Thread locked, please explain mods.

My last thread was locked. It did not have anything in it that violated the rules as far as I have understood them. Except possibly rule #9 however that rule seems like it can be biased and should require an explanation to the OP so they are sure not to repeat the discretion. Side note about locked thread, I was sincerely trying to figure out the watch in the said photos.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 10:19 AM   #2
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
For what it's worth looked like a TT DJ36 to me on Oyster if you are looking.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 10:23 AM   #3
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
For what it's worth looked like a TT DJ36 to me on Oyster if you are looking.

Thanks. That seems like it is the consensus.

Old 27 May 2021, 10:57 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Just a heads up you don’t get answers for why. Not trying to be a dick just speaking from experience lol
Old 27 May 2021, 11:01 AM   #5
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Just a heads up you don’t get answers for why. Not trying to be a dick just speaking from experience lol

I get it. However I’ve seen others here that have posted the same and received clarification from the mods. I’m not here on this thread to fight my recent threads locking, I’m doing my due diligence to not run into the same problem again. So a mods reasoning for the lock would be beneficial to us all. And technically according to the rules your post could be considered offensive language and deleted, as well as many comments I see lately. It is all subjective though and that’s what I’m trying to clarify about my post.

Old 27 May 2021, 11:04 AM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I get it. However I’ve seen others here that have posted the same and received clarification from the mods. I’m not here on this thread to fight my recent threads locking, I’m doing my due diligence to not run into the same problem again. So a mods reasoning for the lock would be beneficial to us all.

I’m guessing it wasn’t so much your post but rather the objectifying banter below which could be offensive to some female members.

Put a bunch of guys in a room we can’t help ourselves lol
Old 27 May 2021, 11:05 AM   #7
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
I’m guessing it wasn’t so much your post but rather the objectifying banter below which could be offensive to some female members.

Yep, it’s definitely rule #6 that did it.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 11:13 AM   #8
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Mods usually won’t discuss locked threads, banned members or disciplinary action. Check your PM to see if you have received any infraction points. If not, then you’re not being disciplined.

Sometimes threads are locked for the betterment of the forum. The fact that you put it in the wrong section wasn’t enough to lock it - if the content was worthwhile it would have been moved.

I think you really know that the content wasn’t Rolex related.

As for its content, the forum intends to be friendly to all…just my 2¢…the commenters prolly took it off the rails but the choice to create it was yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 11:13 AM   #9
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
...Side note about locked thread, I was sincerely trying to figure out the watch in the said photos.

Thanks.

Well...if that were 100% true we would have been staring at this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 11:14 AM   #10
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Yep, it’s definitely rule #6 that did it.

You both may be right however, I believe those comments would have been deleted instead of the entire thread. Unless it just saves the mods time to delete the entire thread instead of picking and choosing comments. I get it, and realistically should have known better. Thanks guys (those that commented offensively on deleted thread) apparently we can’t take you all anywhere.

Old 27 May 2021, 11:18 AM   #11
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Well...if that were 100% true we would have been staring at this

Sorry I didn’t take the time to edit the picture as in my opinion the woman in the picture was perfectly in compliance with all rules set forth. People post their wives, friends, daughters, youtubers, SA’s and just about any other good looking woman and don’t get their threads locked so I didn’t see a problem.

Old 27 May 2021, 11:22 AM   #12
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Mods usually won’t discuss locked threads, banned members or disciplinary action. Check your PM to see if you have received any infraction points. If not, then you’re not being disciplined.

Sometimes threads are locked for the betterment of the forum. The fact that you put it in the wrong section wasn’t enough to lock it - if the content was worthwhile it would have been moved.

I think you really know that the content wasn’t Rolex related.

As for its content, the forum intends to be friendly to all…just my 2¢…the commenters prolly took it off the rails but the choice to create it was yours.

She is wearing a Rolex. Therefore Rolex related. Maybe I should have added the picture to the “what Rolex is this celebrity wearing” (almost always a male) thread and it wouldn’t have been deleted. This was an afterthought though as I sincerely just wanted to know what watch she had on. More discretion will be placed on future posts in this aspect. It was most certainly Rolex related though, otherwise it would have been posted where I normally post “the open discussion forum”.

Old 27 May 2021, 12:59 PM   #13
77T
2024 Pledge Member

ok

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 10:59 PM   #14
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry I didn’t take the time to edit the picture as in my opinion the woman in the picture was perfectly in compliance with all rules set forth. People post their wives, friends, daughters, youtubers, SA’s and just about any other good looking woman and don’t get their threads locked so I didn’t see a problem.

Unless this is your first day on an internet forum, I find it incredibly difficult to believe you couldn't forsee what your thread would turn into and I still find your arguement disingenuous. There was zero chance it would be primarily about the watch.

What was it about this blurry blob of a watch that made you so intent on finding the referance number?

I enjoy T&A as much as anyone but this isn't that kind of forum.

Old 28 May 2021, 01:32 AM   #15
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Unless this is your first day on an internet forum, I find it incredibly difficult to believe you couldn't forsee what your thread would turn into and I still find your arguement disingenuous. There was zero chance it would be primarily about the watch.

What was it about this blurry blob of a watch that made you so intent on finding the referance number?

I enjoy T&A as much as anyone but this isn't that kind of forum.

PICTURE THREAD! Rolex Spotting >>>>>>>>
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that you haven’t seen the above thread in the time you’ve been on this forum. Many instances of a blurry watch that many chime in on there, some even blurrier than the watch I was questioning. I realize now I should have taken the time to find that thread and just put it there. I didn’t. I apologize that a question about a Rolex in a picture on a fully clothed woman posted on a watch forum, offended you and has caused so much distress for you.

Old 28 May 2021, 01:49 AM   #16
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
PICTURE THREAD! Rolex Spotting >>>>>>>>
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that you haven’t seen the above thread in the time you’ve been on this forum. Many instances of a blurry watch that many chime in on there, some even blurrier than the watch I was questioning. I realize now I should have taken the time to find that thread and just put it there. I didn’t. I apologize that a question about a Rolex in a picture on a fully clothed woman posted on a watch forum, offended you and has caused so much distress for you.

It didn’t offend me, you know that.

I am done

Old 28 May 2021, 02:13 AM   #17
FTX I
"TRF" Member

People tried to explain and you don't seem to understand brother. We all like women here, or at least I think we all do, but if some don't I'm cool with that too. However, this is not a bar where you're having fun with your buddies on a friday night. If you hang around here longer I'm sure you'll understand. Take care. Cheers.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 03:00 AM   #18
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
People tried to explain and you don't seem to understand brother. We all like women here, or at least I think we all do, but if some don't I'm cool with that too. However, this is not a bar where you're having fun with your buddies on a friday night. If you hang around here longer I'm sure you'll understand. Take care. Cheers.

Thanks man. I appreciate the constructive response. I get the thread being deleted for the sexist comments there. What I don’t get and felt I needed to set straight was essentially being called a liar because some don’t believe I thought I could post a picture of a good looking woman wearing a Rolex and legitimately just wonder about the Rolex. I guess I may be more woke than others but I didn’t foresee any sexist comments about a woman wearing a watch, as there’s thousands of pictures of men wearing watches posted here there shouldn’t be a difference in 2021. I figured there was more class and some would actually help identify the Rolex on this forum. Clearly I was mistaken.

Old 28 May 2021, 03:12 AM   #19
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks man. I appreciate the constructive response.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote