The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 September 2021, 11:36 PM   #1
Reign
"TRF" Member

Ro qp - us le

Finally something for the US market, full titanium. Plus a few other releases

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-...r-us-exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:44 PM   #2
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the heads up!

Although it kind it feels like they phoned it in on this one versus the uniqueness of the China or Salmon version. Lol.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:54 PM   #3
GS93108
"TRF" Member

I agree the QP is a bit ‘plain’.
There’s also a new Code.

GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:56 PM   #4
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Old 10 September 2021, 11:56 PM   #5
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
My initial reaction was a bit “blah”, but head over to HODINKEE and check out some of their photos. This looks really sharp and I get a slightly different vibe on this LE. I am not sure I like it more than the standard blue dial edition, but this is a true grail and I would risk jail time to get either of them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2021, 12:18 AM   #6
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
My initial reaction was a bit “blah”, but head over to HODINKEE and check out some of their photos. This looks really sharp and I get a slightly different vibe on this LE. I am not sure I like it more than the standard blue dial edition, but this is a true grail and I would risk jail time to get either of them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had the same reaction after seeing the 'in the metal' photos on H. It's subtle and beautiful!

For most LE's (including salmon dials), my biggest hesitation is that they depart enough from the original that it would have to be a tradeoff since I can only afford one version. In this case, they kept enough of the original to where I could own this without feeling like I've made a significant tradeoff. Best of both worlds!
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 12:22 AM   #7
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post

This is super cool!! The side profile looks amazing with the rose gold mid case.
Old 11 September 2021, 12:29 AM   #8
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Finally something for the US market, full titanium. Plus a few other releases

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-...r-us-exclusive

I like it!! Unobtainable in the end however.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 12:44 AM   #9
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Some of the Hodinkee photos ...

Old 11 September 2021, 01:21 AM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

I'll go against the grain here and say it isn't anything special, looks very similar to the older all blue QP. Certainly won't justify the grey prices these will go for, like the salmon QP north of $300k. There has to come a point where there can only be so many iterations of the RO in small dial color changes before it saturates the line.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 01:57 AM   #11
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
I'll go against the grain here and say it isn't anything special, looks very similar to the older all blue QP. Certainly won't justify the grey prices these will go for, like the salmon QP north of $300k. There has to come a point where there can only be so many iterations of the RO in small dial color changes before it saturates the line.
I’m always comfortable against the grain with a 7sins dissenting opinion! Lol.

@ Mbbgysam I guess the way I feel about LE generally is I do want them to go further away from the original. Because if they make it close enough to the original, then we’ll I’d prefer it just be regular production. Like a BLRO vs BLNR. Keep metorite limited and special, but small bezel change with black dial? Just run it and give people more chance to add to collection.

And to be clear, not that I think this looks bad, but Swiss limited with baby blue or Yoshida limited or China limited I think all feel more special as LE for me personally.
Old 11 September 2021, 02:11 AM   #12
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
I had the same reaction after seeing the 'in the metal' photos on H. It's subtle and beautiful!

For most LE's (including salmon dials), my biggest hesitation is that they depart enough from the original that it would have to be a tradeoff since I can only afford one version. In this case, they kept enough of the original to where I could own this without feeling like I've made a significant tradeoff. Best of both worlds!

Pls get it and post pics, hah!

If anyone’s in doubt about whether these are pre allocated or not, they’re not! so worth asking if you’re truly interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post

If money were no object, I’d buy this in a heart beat. I’m a sucker for AP gray, throw on an Openworked tourbillon and I’m in heaven
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 02:15 AM   #13
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I’m always comfortable against the grain with a 7sins dissenting opinion! Lol.

@ Mbbgysam I guess the way I feel about LE generally is I do want them to go further away from the original. Because if they make it close enough to the original, then we’ll I’d prefer it just be regular production. Like a BLRO vs BLNR. Keep metorite limited and special, but small bezel change with black dial? Just run it and give people more chance to add to collection.

And to be clear, not that I think this looks bad, but Swiss limited with baby blue or Yoshida limited or China limited I think all feel more special as LE for me personally.
I totally hear you, and agree that the LE's feel more special than the US version. If I had the original AND the means for a 2nd QP, I would probably choose the baby blue or salmon over the US version
Old 11 September 2021, 02:19 AM   #14
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Pls get it and post pics, hah!

If anyone’s in doubt about whether these are pre allocated or not, they’re not! so worth asking if you’re truly interested
I wish!

And good to know RE the allocation. Did you request one?
Old 11 September 2021, 03:50 AM   #15
GS93108
"TRF" Member

I fall back on my common position in that AP’s pics are s**t. This new QP certainly is far from blah and it’s nice that the US has been given a little love but a little bit more love wouldn’t have gone amiss.

In steel it would be a pass even if I were fortunate enough to be offered one, but in titanium it’s far more attractive IMO.

Anyone that picks one up is going to be over the moon, after all it’s an AP and a QP to boot.

I can’t wait to see real pics from a TRF member.

Old 11 September 2021, 08:11 AM   #16
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I think it’s a great watch. All AP QPs are. But I feel it’s a missed opportunity for AP to show their appreciation toward the American market. As people have commented above, it’s too similar to the steel QP with blue dial. If they are going to make a limited edition, why make one that look so similar to the non LE steel version? At least the China LE has red hands and comes with a red band. Does this come with a blue band?
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 04:41 AM   #17
wiswrist

I think it looks great. I am a big fan of gray.

Also, it's not an LE. It's a production piece. That probably won't make it any easier to get though.
Old 12 September 2021, 08:03 AM   #18
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Is it not a LE? If so, such a shaft for the region.
Old 12 September 2021, 07:46 PM   #19
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswrist View Post
I think it looks great. I am a big fan of gray.

Also, it's not an LE. It's a production piece. That probably won't make it any easier to get though.
My understanding is that it will be similar to the QP Japan Edition?
AP have made multiple unique QPs for different market and retailers. The Dubai QP has a light blue dial, the Thailand QP has a red dial, the China QP was the first QP made in titanium, the green QP for one of AP’s retailer. All of them have a more distinct feature compared to the US QP…..

Great looking watch, but expected something more unique.
Old 12 September 2021, 10:17 PM   #20
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
The QP is magnificent.

I appreciate the view of some that AP just keep releasing special editions with minor changes to previous Royal Oaks, but given the very limited numbers, I don’t see this as a problem. Sure, it’s not exciting to the masses, but it’s hard to make a new Royal Oak exciting without too much of a departure, which I wouldn’t want to see.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 01:37 AM   #21
wiswrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
My understanding is that it will be similar to the QP Japan Edition?
AP have made multiple unique QPs for different market and retailers. The Dubai QP has a light blue dial, the Thailand QP has a red dial, the China QP was the first QP made in titanium, the green QP for one of AP’s retailer. All of them have a more distinct feature compared to the US QP…..

Great looking watch, but expected something more unique.
This Revolution article refers to it as the "Non-Limited Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar in Titanium". In terms of market availability they said ...
Quote:
As great as the watch looks, best hold on to your wallets, unless you’re in the US. Because Audemars Piguet has included in today’s announcement that the timepiece will be launched in September, exclusively in the US, with limited availability in other countries starting as of October.
https://revolutionwatch.com/introduc...r-in-titanium/
Old 13 September 2021, 02:18 AM   #22
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswrist View Post
This Revolution article refers to it as the "Non-Limited Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar in Titanium". In terms of market availability they said ...
https://revolutionwatch.com/introduc...r-in-titanium/
I stand corrected
Old 13 September 2021, 02:52 AM   #23
wiswrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I stand corrected
Given that it’ll be difficult to get either way, I wouldn’t mind if it was “limited”.
Old 14 September 2021, 03:13 PM   #24
Xerxes77
Banned

Very nice
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote