The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 March 2018, 10:26 AM   #61
Flyinghunter
"TRF" Member

The car = class act.

Seth = class act.
Flyinghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 10:40 AM   #62
emersm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Gorgeous ride, Seth!
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 10:57 AM   #63
pilotjim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
What a sharp ride!!

I think I would have walked out, though, under the circumstances.
pilotjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 11:20 AM   #64
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
ive learned i know more than most sales people who sell products. i just assume they are less informed than me at the start and it makes it easier to deal with them.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 11:54 AM   #65
FrmrHoss
"TRF" Member

Wow, stunning. Congrats!
FrmrHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:21 PM   #66
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
What a gorgeous car!!
amg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:27 PM   #67
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
That thing is gorgeous Seth! I vote keep the wheels as is! I prefer the contrast!

I feel like anyone who buys cars has plenty of bad dealer experiences to share. I’ll share a good one.

I ordered my last truck, 4 runner TRDpro from Shannon (swils) through trf pm’s! He kept his word of course and the truck showed up untouched from the factory weeks later. I was in and out of the dealer with trade in 30 mins!

I just ordered my second from him, a land cruiser, and when I went in they handed me the keys to the land cruiser on the lot and said take it out and let us know what you think. I came back and gave the keys back and no sales pitch. I was offered a run down of the vehicle etc but politely declined.

One more PM to Shannon and the order is in Never imagined I’d even buy my cars on trf.
Old 20 March 2018, 02:09 PM   #68
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 36!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
So as some may know, I ended up purchasing an AMG GTs about a week or so ago.

At each stage, the service was less than to be desired. However, I know how important the surveys are to these guys. I wanted to, and felt it was important to provide feedback, but I also did not want to ruin anyones day. And the truth is, they all appeared to be working super hard to get it done right.

Everything was just a medley of errors.

1. The car was still in the show room when I arrived for my appointment to test drive it.
2. It took hours to get an appraisal on my car.
3. It took another hour to get numbers back on the whole deal.
4. When I arrived to pick it up, there was a rock chip on the hood.
5. While inspecting the car before signing the paperwork, another salesperson was showing it to someone else and put his hands all over it, marking it up considerably. He was also stating why that persons current car was better, more exclusive, and faster. The actual customer was a super nice guy.
6. The car was not cleaned before picking it up.
7. The finance guy took me 90 minutes after our scheduled appointment.
8. They could not figure out how to secure the temp plates.
9. The car did not have mats. They had to order and it took almost a week. When I arrived, at the designated time, they told me they could not find them. Took them over an hour to locate.
10. As I pulled out the key fob through an error that it was low on battery.

And maybe the worst part, the guy selling me the car knew nothing about the car. He was celebrating is 80th birthday the next day. Super nice guy. But...again, knew nothing about the car. And instead of saying I don't know. In many cases, he simply made stuff up that I found to be incorrect during my due diligence.

If any one of these happened, not such a big deal. But considering that they all happened in a chain of events, it was frustrating.

Again though, I did not want to ruin anyones day, and I certainly did not want to get anyone in trouble. Especially the nice guy that clearly needed the job.

So, when picking up my mats, I asked to speak with a manager. I started the conversation by stating that I was going to give them all 10's and yes's in the survey. BUT, that as a business owner, I would want the feedback.

I also stated that I loved my salesman and that he was a big reason I purchased the car from them. I really did not want to be responsible for him getting in trouble. I was very calm and polite, and I simply stated the facts.

He thanked me profusely and gave me his card stating that I could call him directly if I ever needed anything.

Overall, I think it was a good outcome. A new relationship. I got to voice my concerns, and no one gets hurt. I am glad it worked out this way.

Now, if someone would have just gotten me a free Diet Coke, it would have all been better.
Sir congratulations on the vehicle, and happy birthday as well!

I would like to commend you on your response to the service.

I'm a sales manager for a DFW Toyota location, so I would like to add to the business side a bit.

True service is dying very quickly. A vehicle, it doesn't matter if it's a $5,000 cash car or a multimillion dollar supercar, is typically the second largest purchase a person will ever make. It is a special event, and should be treated as such.

I have booted employees for not taking care of clients. It simply is not proper to do. Personally I've picked up clients at the airport, their home, even other states if needed, all to make their event special. Sadly, not everyone receives the same level of service from everyone.

Management NEEDS to know about less than stellar service. Your approach will make the most impact. Taking someone aside and letting them know what happened, and why your experience wasn't truly exceptional. They will take action posthaste.

When it comes to surveys, service or sales, people may say their family depends on it. I think it is in very poor taste to say it as such. However, they are not pulling your leg. I have actually been given a perfect "9's" survey, simply because my client didn't think that "everyone's perfect." Had I not possessed my rather extreme sense of frugality and conservative lifestyle, it potentially could have caused a rougher month.

I have also seen a very good sales professional get a few surveys to that nature in the same course of a month. Since he did not maintain an average of 96% or greater, he made roughly 1/4 of his standard monthly income. There was no unit bonus, nor Customer Satisfaction Index bonus. Believe it or not, were it not for manufacturer's and owners bonuses, the vast majority of automotive sales people make roughly $50-$70 per car that they sell. Hence the importance of the surveys.

TRF, do NOT get me wrong. I am not advocating for the reward of lack luster service. If you did not feel your experience was a 10/10, let the establishment know, in whichever way you prefer. If you would prefer to let it be known via survey, or management intervention, have at it. I am all for getting proper results for proper service.

When it comes to employee discipline, a word is handled swiftly with immediate action, for the betterment of the establishment. A poor survey is beating the entire place with the fist of an angry god.

I am simply thanking the OP for taking action in the way that he did, and addressing some of the follow up comments to give a bit of insight.

I shall not be responding anymore to this thread, nor reading any comments, but anyone should feel free to PM me.
KarlTheToyotaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:12 PM   #69
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Decades ago, good service used to be normal and taken for granted.
Today good service is rare and always noticed when it occurs.
There must be a lot of people doing jobs that don't interest them, because I have always been driven to do the very best I can for my own pride, satisfaction and interest in the work. Maybe they don't stay long in the job and so see it as only a 'temporary' filler.
I bought a cheap car recently and was astounded at the good service from all involved.
I wrote them a commendation, sent to the Manager of the Dealership, but was interested to note that it was never acknowledged.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:35 PM   #70
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlTheToyotaGuy View Post

I'm a sales manager for a DFW Toyota location, so I would like to add to the business side a bit.

True service is dying very quickly. A vehicle, it doesn't matter if it's a $5,000 cash car or a multimillion dollar supercar, is typically the second largest purchase a person will ever make. It is a special event, and should be treated as such.

I have booted employees for not taking care of clients. It simply is not proper to do. Personally I've picked up clients at the airport, their home, even other states if needed, all to make their event special. Sadly, not everyone receives the same level of service from everyone.

Management NEEDS to know about less than stellar service. Your approach will make the most impact. Taking someone aside and letting them know what happened, and why your experience wasn't truly exceptional. They will take action posthaste.

When it comes to surveys, service or sales, people may say their family depends on it. I think it is in very poor taste to say it as such. However, they are not pulling your leg. I have actually been given a perfect "9's" survey, simply because my client didn't think that "everyone's perfect." Had I not possessed my rather extreme sense of frugality and conservative lifestyle, it potentially could have caused a rougher month.

I have also seen a very good sales professional get a few surveys to that nature in the same course of a month. Since he did not maintain an average of 96% or greater, he made roughly 1/4 of his standard monthly income. There was no unit bonus, nor Customer Satisfaction Index bonus. Believe it or not, were it not for manufacturer's and owners bonuses, the vast majority of automotive sales people make roughly $50-$70 per car that they sell. Hence the importance of the surveys.

TRF, do NOT get me wrong. I am not advocating for the reward of lack luster service. If you did not feel your experience was a 10/10, let the establishment know, in whichever way you prefer. If you would prefer to let it be known via survey, or management intervention, have at it. I am all for getting proper results for proper service.

When it comes to employee discipline, a word is handled swiftly with immediate action, for the betterment of the establishment. A poor survey is beating the entire place with the fist of an angry god.

I am simply thanking the OP for taking action in the way that he did, and addressing some of the follow up comments to give a bit of insight.

I shall not be responding anymore to this thread, nor reading any comments, but anyone should feel free to PM me.
Frankly I have a reluctance to use these surveys. One of my main problems with them is that there would be a good percentage of people that don’t address things that occur at the time and simply resort to the survey. The problem of course is that if your at the other end of the survey it’s extremely possible the issue could have been resolved at the time instead of used as a mark against someone that had no idea the customer had an issue.

I see both good and bad with these things but frankly I see them as being just another excuse that some people use as an excuse not to address issues head on as they occur.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:46 PM   #71
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Dealerships never cease to amaze me!!! Ive bought high end cars and the sales guys were morons and I recently bout a Chrysler GC for my DD and the salesguy was a genius with the vehicle, I told them what id pay and they agreed, and the paperwork took 5 minutes. It's a crap shoot when it comes to these guys.
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:54 PM   #72
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Nice one Seth. Looks great.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 03:24 PM   #73
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Seth you handled it like a pro!
Old 21 March 2018, 04:07 AM   #74
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
BEAUTIFUL Seth!

Good for you to point out the things that went wrong... In a few weeks/months none of the BS you just experienced will matter! You will be Sooooooo Happy with your new car.

Perhaps the next way to buy is go to Germany?
Thanks Larry. I actually figured this. Once it is done, it is done.

Now I am good to go. And thrilled about it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 04:07 AM   #75
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
Seth I love it. Next time consider working with the guys at Euro Motorcars Bethesda. They are real pros. Super numbers, super quick, no BS waiting, no BS sales games, a professional experience. I bet they would have gotten the car shipped to you faster than that ordeal.

Anyway Congrats!
Thanks for the feedback. And will definitely consider.

And btw, love your posts. I am a big fan of yours.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:09 AM   #76
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
My Porsche salesman complained that he makes no money on my deals. I countered with: "you make it up in volume". My BMW salesman doesn't complain, he just does what I ask and appreciates my patronage. They do make money - that's what the surveys are for.

When shopping for a S550 coupe last year, I got to enjoy a saleswoman with about 4 days experience. Gawd, what a nightmare she was. And way too much perfume.

I decided against the MB not because of the car or the sales process, but that insane depreciation. The coupe is by far the worst. I never looked at the GT and kinda wished that I had. Killer neat car. Congrats and enjoy it!
Yeah, as a whole the depreciation is nuts. I am too much of a weirdo to consider that too much.

I got this 17 with a pretty hefty discount so I am feeling pretty good about it.

And damn, I am loving this ride!!!

I have heard the ole' "I make $25 each sale" bit before too. When I bought my Z51. Its a huge turnoff.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:10 AM   #77
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Beautiful car!

I really appreciate your candor with the manager. Any manager worth his paycheck would have sent some special offer or service as a way to make amends for is, frankly, deplorable service from a Toyota dealer much less an MB dealer.

I left a 8/10 rating for my local Audi dealer as they left AdBlue fluid streaks down the side of my Q5. The next day I got a call from the service manager and the sales manager to apologize. These surveys are there for a reason and I take full advantage when necessary. Every visit since has been flawless.

I believe your next visit will be the test of how they view your relationship.
I actually took this one step further. He gave me his card, so I asked him for a service on the house. I wonder what he will say. I will keep this thread updated if I hear back.

I hope he appreciates where I was coming from.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:13 AM   #78
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Love the AMG GT. Im surprised they were so bad concerning the sale of this car as its there top of the line sports car. Yes they have S classes that are more expensive than this car but still this is one of there "super cars". But non the less i would of expected more especially to a customer buying that car. Congrats on the ride.
Thank you!!

Old 21 March 2018, 04:13 AM   #79
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghunter View Post
The car = class act.

Seth = class act.
This means a lot to me. Really nice of you to say.

Thank you,

Old 21 March 2018, 04:13 AM   #80
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
Gorgeous ride, Seth!
Thanks Merle!!

Old 21 March 2018, 04:15 AM   #81
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjim View Post
What a sharp ride!!

I think I would have walked out, though, under the circumstances.
In a way I did.

I went to Porsche in the middle.

But the deal on the left over 17 was too much to pass up.

A month ago, I passed up a 17 Porsche GTS with a sick deal and I regretted it. Now I am grateful that I did, but did not want to repeat the same mistake.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:15 AM   #82
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
Wow, stunning. Congrats!
Thank you!

Old 21 March 2018, 04:15 AM   #83
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
ive learned i know more than most sales people who sell products. i just assume they are less informed than me at the start and it makes it easier to deal with them.
This is good advice.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:16 AM   #84
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
That thing is gorgeous Seth! I vote keep the wheels as is! I prefer the contrast!

I feel like anyone who buys cars has plenty of bad dealer experiences to share. I’ll share a good one.

I ordered my last truck, 4 runner TRDpro from Shannon (swils) through trf pm’s! He kept his word of course and the truck showed up untouched from the factory weeks later. I was in and out of the dealer with trade in 30 mins!

I just ordered my second from him, a land cruiser, and when I went in they handed me the keys to the land cruiser on the lot and said take it out and let us know what you think. I came back and gave the keys back and no sales pitch. I was offered a run down of the vehicle etc but politely declined.

One more PM to Shannon and the order is in Never imagined I’d even buy my cars on trf.
Yeah broham.

I am going to keep em. Loving the contrast with the bronze brakes. The more I look at it the more I like em. Cant speak for the future, but loving them today.

It is getting some windows tints tho.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:17 AM   #85
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlTheToyotaGuy View Post

I appreciate this feedback and hope the manager shows some appreciating. I did not do it for anything in return, but hey, if I can get a service out of it, I would be grateful.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:17 AM   #86
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
What a gorgeous car!!
Thank you!

Old 21 March 2018, 04:18 AM   #87
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Nice one Seth. Looks great.
Thanks CJ.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:19 AM   #88
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
Seth you handled it like a pro!
Thanks Brother.!!

Old 21 March 2018, 04:21 AM   #89
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Decades ago, good service used to be normal and taken for granted.
Today good service is rare and always noticed when it occurs.
There must be a lot of people doing jobs that don't interest them, because I have always been driven to do the very best I can for my own pride, satisfaction and interest in the work. Maybe they don't stay long in the job and so see it as only a 'temporary' filler.
I bought a cheap car recently and was astounded at the good service from all involved.
I wrote them a commendation, sent to the Manager of the Dealership, but was interested to note that it was never acknowledged.
This is what made me actually ask for something.

I want to see if they actually care about how I handled it. Even if he writes back that he can't help me, I am OK with it. But if he does not write back, it will tell me something.

Good service is rare. And it is sad. But I think we as consumers have done this. We are always looking for the best deal. So much so, what most everything is done without a personal touch.

So if we do not find the value in service, it will naturally fade away. I find that disappointing.

I think service is key to everything. But with the internet, everything is being commoditized. It is sad.

Old 21 March 2018, 04:31 AM   #90
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Car looks fantastic, congrats Seth!

I am now at the point where I will try and do everything online as I don't trust myself with poor customer service. I have very little patience any more and just today I was at a post office and the guy was talking on the phone to a friend as I waited for him to weigh my package. I gave him a minute to finish but I knew he probably wouldn't, this guy has form, and so I started waving at him and he half-nodded but carried on talking and I couldn't hear him saying his good byes, so I started shouting at him to put the phone down and I got louder and louder and he finally did, and then he tried to tell me that I could not tell him to put the phone down but I just kept shouting at him that his service was rude and unacceptable.

In truth I hadn't meant to shout so quickly but once I go that is it, and luckily for him this guy was old so he was not in any danger and I felt sorry for him as he was shaken, but I said what had to be said, but I am increasingly explosive and a situation could easily escalate if the other party does not fold quickly.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote