The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 10 March 2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Desert Spider
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SpeedyRacing
Omega movements 2019 (9900 & 8900)

I wanted to be cautious not to post before searching the forums first. I do see posts regarding movements but in general, I find that info on some of the newer Omega movements, specifically the 9900 movement for example, is difficult to come by. There are virtually no videos about it on youtube and very little info in the forums. I have to say I am quite impressed with the 9900 & 8900 movements. It just so happens my Speedmaster Racing 9900 movement is +1.3 sec/day and the 8900 is -1.0 sec/day though it can get close to 0 based on position, etc... Has anyone else had this experience with the new movements? I have another question as well... it was my understanding METAS certification includes a variance of 0 to +5 sec/day.
In the long run it is not a big deal to me, but do others find some of the master chronometers at -1 sec/day or more? Regardless, I am happy with my watches running with an accuracy of less than 1 minute off per month.
Side note, it would be nice to see a video pop up somewhere showcasing the 9900 movement. Happy trails!
Desert Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 07:15 PM   #2
rhenriksen
"TRF" Member

I can only offer that my 8605 PO GMT has been steady at +0.4 seconds/day - couldn't be more pleased with that!
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 06:44 PM   #3
Alex_TA
"TRF" Member

These movements are best in class IMO.
Alex_TA is offline   Reply With Quote