The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2019, 07:24 AM   #1
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
New AP Boutique in East Hampton

Had a chance to stop by the new AP boutique in East Hampton, NY, which opened up in August and is a collaboration with Material Good in NYC. Staff couldn’t have been nicer. As usual, they weren’t taking names for the 15500, but they let me try on a few pieces: 15202 in gold, 26331 w black dial, and the Code 11:59 Chrono.

Was particularly interested in the Code Chrono, given the rumblings that they are going to replace the 26331 with that in house movement...

A few pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 March 2019, 07:42 AM   #2
Colin W
"TRF" Member

I guess they will eventually put the new movement in the 26331 line up (and up the price accordingly)- however IMO, if it ain’t broke don’t try & fix it springs to mind!

I think the SS 26331’s represent great value for money in the current crazy SS market.

Old 17 March 2019, 11:43 AM   #3
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin W View Post
I guess they will eventually put the new movement in the 26331 line up (and up the price accordingly)- however IMO, if it ain’t broke don’t try & fix it springs to mind!

I think the SS 26331’s represent great value for money in the current crazy SS market.

Agreed 100%. I’m purchasing the 26331 as a personal entry point into the brand, and given the price of the 15400 on the grey market, getting the chrono movement is a no-brainer for me.

Looking at the Code chrono, it looks like it’s going to be thicker than the FP movement. So I would guess a thicker ROC, with a transparent caseback. As you said, it will probably be priced accordingly as well.
Old 17 March 2019, 09:56 PM   #4
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calatravato View Post
Agreed 100%. I’m purchasing the 26331 as a personal entry point into the brand, and given the price of the 15400 on the grey market, getting the chrono movement is a no-brainer for me.

Looking at the Code chrono, it looks like it’s going to be thicker than the FP movement. So I would guess a thicker ROC, with a transparent caseback. As you said, it will probably be priced accordingly as well.

Nice one - which dial are you going for? My favourite in pics is the blue dial but in person the white panda dial is the most stunning IMO.

The new movement does make for a slightly thicker watch.

Old 17 March 2019, 10:39 PM   #5
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin W View Post
Nice one - which dial are you going for? My favourite in pics is the blue dial but in person the white panda dial is the most stunning IMO.

The new movement does make for a slightly thicker watch.

I have the blue one on deposit, liking the idea of going for the iconic color. Admittedly, I haven’t seen one in person, but the 15400s in blue are stunning. My second choice at present is the Panda; I figure if I don’t love the blue on delivery, it should be easy enough to ask the SA to get me a Panda instead.
Old 18 March 2019, 05:30 AM   #6
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

Was the 26331 new? I'm in the market for one =)
usnwfu is offline   Reply With Quote