The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 October 2009, 02:01 PM   #1
iSellJerseyShore
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master IIc
Verizon Droid anyone?

Looks like the smartphone market continues to heat up as we enter the fall season. Is anyone considering the Droid from Verizon Wireless?

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/

Looks to be an exciting device, however I just can't part with my STORM. I am too addicted to the email capabilities of a BlackBerry. My life is so much simplified because of this device. Without it I would have a TON more of work to do. Maybe one day BlackBerry can be as cool and hip as the iPhone. The new v5.0 OS is O-K... Nothing special except for the flick scroll.... OK I AM RANTING NOW. LoL

-Frankie
iSellJerseyShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 02:06 PM   #2
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSellJerseyShore View Post
Looks like the smartphone market continues to heat up as we enter the fall season. Is anyone considering the Droid from Verizon Wireless?

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/

Looks to be an exciting device, however I just can't part with my STORM. I am too addicted to the email capabilities of a BlackBerry. My life is so much simplified because of this device. Without it I would have a TON more of work to do. Maybe one day BlackBerry can be as cool and hip as the iPhone. The new v5.0 OS is O-K... Nothing special except for the flick scroll.... OK I AM RANTING NOW. LoL

-Frankie

wow im seeing future phones coming...I just saw Apple new laptop without keyboard frankie..hahahahah
Old 29 October 2009, 02:17 PM   #3
R1@160@alltimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
Looks like a cool device.
Old 29 October 2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Lamone
Banned

Watch: ya mawt!
I'm hooked on the iphone but this droid looks great. I'm gonna have to play with it at the verizon store.
Lamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 03:56 PM   #5
walds11
"TRF" Member

Looks cool, but I am not on VZW. This thing looks scary, in a good way. Wow!!!
Old 29 October 2009, 04:06 PM   #6
DanP
Banned

Watch: GV-U-Kno-Me :)
Those aren't the Droids I was looking for
DanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 04:32 PM   #7
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
I saw it on the news today and think it looks cool.. does it have an led screen?
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 07:35 PM   #8
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
It runs Android 2.0, the second rev of the Google phone OS. There are plenty of alternatives to the iPhone. I use a Pre, which has WebOS - IMO the best in terms of usability right now.

The Smartphone landscape is in a huge state of flux right now. The iPhone showed everyone what they really wanted in a mobile experience, but now that interface is being improved upon by Google and Palm. The "Droid" is Motorola's first Android phone. It's also Verizon's first Android phone, and the first device on its network that can perform to the level of an iPhone in terms of hipness. They'll also have the Pre soon.

Gartner made some interesting predictions about the Smartphone market. Mainly that by 2012 or earlier, Google's Android will surpass the iPhone in terms of deployed units.

It's funny you should cling to the Blackberry. I showed my sister (a staunch BB user) my Pre, and after looking at how the email worked she asked me, "why do I need my BB?" It was kind of funny watching her realize there was no good reason to keep using BB.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 07:38 PM   #9
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
Some variation of that phrase has been the title of 80+% of the articles on this device. Pretty funny.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 09:10 PM   #10
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
^interesting thinking the android 2.0 is going to win over the iPhone os we shall see
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 11:21 PM   #11
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Looks cool, but they aren't showing much on the website....yet.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 11:34 PM   #12
Nick1959
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DSSD
May be it is time I stopped at the verizon store a visit
CX 20000 Swiss Military,Longine Grande
Nick1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2009, 11:46 PM   #13
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
soon as anyone's got one...write a review please. Looks interesting ...

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2009, 10:47 AM   #14
iSellJerseyShore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
It's funny you should cling to the Blackberry. I showed my sister (a staunch BB user) my Pre, and after looking at how the email worked she asked me, "why do I need my BB?" It was kind of funny watching her realize there was no good reason to keep using BB.
The BB makes my daily life so much easier! The reason why I can't part with the BB is because I have it hooked up to my corporate email account. Without it, I would be trapped at my desk daily. Using the BB, I am able to freely move about the cabin as they say on airplanes. LoL ... Can't even begin to describe how many times it has pulled me out of a jam.

Oh I forgot to mention....... The corporate email is running on Lotus Notes The rumor mill is churning that we are moving to Exchange..... Yea, who knows if that is ever going to happen.

Until then............. I cling onto my BB

-Frankie
Old 30 October 2009, 10:50 AM   #15
mustangbrad

Watch: 16613
I am not in the market for a droid, sadly, i am stuck with my BB storm which absolutely sucks. Glitches all the time, freezes, and full of software bugs. Even with the 5.0 software upgrade yesterday. Had to reboot 6 times last night due to freezing. that's blackberry's software for ya.
To all potential buyers/ the iphone or even the droid would be a much better choice imo. Google is the king of tech and the iphone is getting old and it seems too many people have them. I'm stuck with my junk storm until my 2 year runs out.

Last edited by mustangbrad; 30 October 2009 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: delete a portion.
mustangbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2009, 11:53 AM   #16
iSellJerseyShore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbrad View Post
I am not in the market for a droid, sadly, i am stuck with my BB storm which absolutely sucks. Glitches all the time, freezes, and full of software bugs. Even with the 5.0 software upgrade yesterday. Had to reboot 6 times last night due to freezing. that's blackberry's software for ya.
To all potential buyers/ the iphone or even the droid would be a much better choice imo. Google is the king of tech and the iphone is getting old and it seems too many people have them. I'm stuck with my junk storm until my 2 year runs out.
I agree the Storm is far from perfect and there are much better smartphone devices available on the market. The Storm is a happy medium for me, but truthfully I don't use it for much beyond sending and receiving emails. Well of course I use it to make phone calls and manage calendar appointments but those are native BB features/functions. My expectations of the BB Storm, or BB platform is not that high, they are the best at handling e-mail and thats what I appreciate most about of them. Beyond e-mail, hands down I would rather have a different device, preferably would prefer the iPhone platform since I am pro Mac!

-Frankie
Old 31 October 2009, 01:10 AM   #17
pz93c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
That's funny.

Droid has too many features for me.

Can't have a phone smarter than I am.
pz93c is offline   Reply With Quote