The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 October 2008, 09:33 AM   #1
B. Doggy
"TRF" Member

A watch for your future & soul

So in my world, and perhaps the watch world as well, there are only two watch companies that have done it right for the long-term. Rolex and Patek. There are no others out there that can claim a reputation of quality, style and workmanship as these two firms.

Now at 30, I am older than some & younger than many, and of all the watches out there, I am attracted to only a minute few of them. The Rolex SUB Date I have, as well as the next purchases: White dial SS Daytona and Possibly a Panerai PAM 48. Then there's the idea of that one grail watch down the road: Patek.

Age aside (not just us), what about Panerai though? They have a great name going for them. I'd liken it to say Krispy Kream, or perhaps In-N-Out Burger. Their symbol may have something else to be worked out though. With the arrows and seemingly endless lines; what were they thinking? Also, what about the size of most the offerings in general. I mean, how many of us can pull off a 44mm-47mm piece on the wrist. Is it a fad?

Don't get me wrong- I LOVE Panerai. It's youthful and has a unique look that no other watch company out there can come close to. That said, what do you think about Panerai? Is this a business that's here to stay, or is it a fad? Is this a watch for the future and soul?

Curious to know your thoughts, as I greatly miss the PAM 48 I sold....but adore my Rolex SD!

-Bryan
B. Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote