The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?
5712A 30 33.33%
5167A + Rolex SS Daytona + $20,000 60 66.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 July 2019, 05:36 AM   #31
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I would keep what you already have.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 06:23 AM   #32
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
This isn’t really meant to be a question purely about money, it’s meant to be a question as to which watch(es) you would rather have?

I like the 5712 the best among the three watches, but it’s one watch. I also love the 5167 and DaytonaC, and they are two watches.

I have a small collection (only other watches are a SubC Date and a Jarger Master Moon dress watch).

Love the 5712, but like rotating watches, so tough call...

I would almost always take the financial portion of the transaction into account however, but that's me. I have the 5164, 116500 and the 5712. I would not have sold the two for it, zero chance. But I also wouldn't have sold the other two to acquire a 5712. So I say keep what you have and add the others when/if you can. Will be almost impossible to it back anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 07:18 AM   #33
debner4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
I would almost always take the financial portion of the transaction into account however, but that's me. I have the 5164, 116500 and the 5712. I would not have sold the two for it, zero chance. But I also wouldn't have sold the other two to acquire a 5712. So I say keep what you have and add the others when/if you can. Will be almost impossible to it back anytime soon.

I think you make a good point in that I am not sure I would do this trade either direction as it feels like getting one 5712 in the future is probably just as hard as getting a 5167 AND and DaytonaC in the future, so hate to give up any of them, but can’t afford to have all three right now. No matter what I do, I will probably try to add the others down the road, but would like to have a few years in between the purchases.

This would be a whole lot easier if you could just walk into the dealers and, I don’t know, buy these watches at retail whenever you want... :)
debner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 07:28 AM   #34
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
I think you make a good point in that I am not sure I would do this trade either direction as it feels like getting one 5712 in the future is probably just as hard as getting a 5167 AND and DaytonaC in the future, so hate to give up any of them, but can’t afford to have all three right now. No matter what I do, I will probably try to add the others down the road, but would like to have a few years in between the purchases.

This would be a whole lot easier if you could just walk into the dealers and, I don’t know, buy these watches at retail whenever you want... :)

Give it time and be patient. I'm not sure when but at some point, this fuss has to die. The Daytona has always been really hard to get but maybe the Aqualus insanity will slow down and you could acquire the 5167 in the future a bit easier.

Glad you are keeping the 5712, it's a special one and I think you would regret selling.

V25V is offline   Reply With Quote