The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 September 2020, 12:11 PM   #1
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Omega Speedmaster Service Estimate

Just received the service estimate for my Speedmaster triple date chronograph. WOW - and I though Rolex was expensive to service! $1,100. The verbal estimate I received from the Sales Associate was $300-500. I know she did not know what she was talking about, but being off by a factor of 3. If I knew this before I took it in for service I would have passed - at least for a while. There has to be a cheaper option!
vesnyder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 04:34 PM   #2
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The official prices for services on Omega are here

https://www.omegawatches.com/custome...mplete-service

Now you can check others not officials, probably you will get better prices but not much
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 05:41 PM   #3
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I don’t think servicing a Speedmaster triple date chronograph would be too difficult.

Which Rolex model were you comparing the price with?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 07:45 PM   #4
colpol
"TRF" Member

I went for the cheaper option about 6 years ago
Didn’t work out well. It was an omega authorised service agent in a business unit.
They had it twice & 3rd time the watch stopped working - I took it too local boutique/ put my hands up on who I’d used & they got it sent off/ returned in full working order & didn’t take a penny as original/ faulty work carried out by an ‘authorised’
They’ll get my next service business in 4/ 5 years
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 10:22 PM   #5
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

I went through my local jeweler who I've purchased several Rolex from - but they are not an authorized Omega shop. My Sales Agent said she would step in and see if she can get any discount. She provided a verbal estimate of $300-$500!

Can you go directly to the Omega Service Center?
Old 4 September 2020, 11:22 PM   #6
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Well, Omega charges a flat rate of $750 for a chronograph service, a new crystal (not included in a service) is in the $300 range. So, the estimate sounds reasonable.
toolr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 06:02 AM   #7
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesnyder View Post
...Can you go directly to the Omega Service Center?
Yes, you can. I recommend dialing Omega Customer Service at (800) 766-6342. Tell them you would like assistance sending your watch directly to the US Service Center. I would ask if they can email a label for shipping on their insured account.

After they receive your watch, the Omega Service Center will open a ticket and send you credentials so you can review, authorize and monitor progress of the service in their on-line customer interface. It's pretty slick.

Okay, all of that said, I recommend you do something completely different: send your watch to Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle. They're Omega-certified, and their prices are exactly equal to Omega factory service prices, and they perform at levels of quality and consistency that I don't believe the Omega factory center can match. You can phone Nesbit's and talk to Jan Nesbit. She can send you a label, too, I think.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 08:03 AM   #8
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Tony - Thanks. Traded emails with Jan today. Maybe too late as I gave the go ahead on the repair yesterday. Anxious to get it started and get it back.
Old 5 September 2020, 01:27 PM   #9
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Yes, you can. I recommend dialing Omega Customer Service at (800) 766-6342. Tell them you would like assistance sending your watch directly to the US Service Center. I would ask if they can email a label for shipping on their insured account.

After they receive your watch, the Omega Service Center will open a ticket and send you credentials so you can review, authorize and monitor progress of the service in their on-line customer interface. It's pretty slick.

Okay, all of that said, I recommend you do something completely different: send your watch to Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle. They're Omega-certified, and their prices are exactly equal to Omega factory service prices, and they perform at levels of quality and consistency that I don't believe the Omega factory center can match. You can phone Nesbit's and talk to Jan Nesbit. She can send you a label, too, I think.
Her son Mackenzie is the service manager at the Omega service center in Seattle. Both Nesbit's and the Seattle service center do exceptional work. Nesbit's does offer a longer warranty though at 30 months.
Old 5 September 2020, 01:37 PM   #10
aes7.5x55
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
FWIW, I have had 3 services done in Omegas by Nesbit's and have been happy every time. Great communication and very reasonable turn around time.
Why is it always 10:10:31?
aes7.5x55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 08:34 PM   #11
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
Her son Mackenzie is the service manager at the Omega service center in Seattle. Both Nesbit's and the Seattle service center do exceptional work. Nesbit's does offer a longer warranty though at 30 months.
Thanks for bringing up some interesting points here. I'll add that we used to be able to request to have our watches directed to Omega's factory center in Seattle, but I encountered some confusion when I tried to do that a couple of years ago. It seemed the Boutique in Seattle somehow needed to be in the middle of that (they had me ship my watch to the Boutique). I was prevented from communicating directly with the service center, and the process just seemed odd all the way around. Eventually, after my watch came back from Service with further corrections needed, I contacted Customer Service and they put the manager of the Seattle Service Center directly in touch with me and my watch was corrected. Then, Customer Service explained to me that the Seattle center has been converted to an internal resource that handles service to all watches handed over by customers to Omega Boutiques, so there is not a "front office" to handle communication or interaction with customers at that location any longer.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 11:19 PM   #12
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Yes, when first opened, the service center had a customer lounge and a person that would review your service request. That all changed a few years ago and is one disappointment in dealing with the Seattle service center. All communication goes through sales associates in the Tourbillon boutique. If you present your watch in person, it will be written up and taken back to the service center, followed usually by someone in service coming out to discuss your watch.
The boutique has an Omega watch condition event twice a year, spring and fall, where the service center will check the condition and do minor adjustments like replacing bracelet pins, spring bars and provide a timing slip and condition report. Kind of a fun event as while you wait you can check out new Omegas and many other Swatch offerings while having a coffee or champagne and chocolates.