The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 5 September 2020, 07:01 AM   #1
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Speedmaster Professional Hesalite on Strap

So I love my Speedy and wear it all the time. I purchased it on the black leather strap with deployant, and while this has gotten some occasional wear, I usually have it on an Erika's Original MN strap as they are so darned comfy. As cooler weather is moving in, I thought I'd get another leather strap from Omega for the fall. It turns out that for this specific reference, the strap size is different from every other Omega, such that they don't sell any alternative straps that will fit the supplied deployant It's a shame, as I like Omega's deployants a lot for the comfort and the way the tail of the strap is hidden rather than requiring a stay.

I'm wondering, has anybody tried ordering a custom strap from another maker? I had good luck with Jean Rousseau for another watch and it was spot on, so I'm considering going with them again.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 07:30 AM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I'm guessing you bought the hesalite model then which is 20mm taper to 16. You could spend the money and get an 18mm deployant clasp. A lot of the 20mm Omega straps taper to 18mm. The 16mm clasp usually goes with the 19mm taper to 16mm.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 07:46 AM   #3
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
I put a Hirsch Leonardo curved end set on mine several years ago. I did not like the Hirsch butterfly deployant buckle, so I bought an Omega and made it work with little fuss. Now my strap is worn out, Hirsch stopped making this line and I'm in a pickle now too. I want curved strap ends again, so I'm interested in options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hirsch O clasp.jpg (88.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Hirsch O clasp 2.jpg (69.5 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Hirsch O clasp 3.jpg (63.3 KB, 157 views)