The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 April 2022, 01:33 AM   #811
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegusmano View Post
For anyone still doubting the potential of these discontinued OP41s, DSW had a yellow and red listed yesterday for $29,850. They’re gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're selling low 20s at auction between dealers. If someone is paying 30k for these they've lit $5k-10k on fire.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 01:36 AM   #812
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
They're selling low 20s at auction between dealers. If someone is paying 30k for these they've lit $5k-10k on fire.

Just like the stock market, you only lose $ if you sell.

joegusmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 01:39 AM   #813
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:

You forget that the DavidSW fans say that’s the premium you pay for the premium service he delivers lmao
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 01:39 AM   #814
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGingerwood View Post
You know what kind of watch you could get for that price? Why get a 6k OP?
You could go to Tourneau with $50k, buy a solid gold Zenith Daytona pre owned, which will shoot you up the list for a ceramic Daytona at retail on their AD side of business. That's one alternative to dropping bags of money on an OP41.

Heck, you could buy the gold Zenith Daytona and request the Turquoise OP41 at MSRP and hope you get lucky in the production run out, or receive a 36mm Turquoise which hasnt been discontinued.

What I never understood about the 12XXXX OP color dials was why they were so popular relative to the sunburst colored dials of the 11XXXX OP color dials. While the matte yellow, red, green and turquoise were nice, so were the matte white dial op39, as well as olive, white and red grape.
Old 5 April 2022, 01:42 AM   #815
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
You forget that the DavidSW fans say that’s the premium you pay for the premium service he delivers lmao

Fair point. NashvilleWatch also had a 41 yellow listed for the same price yesterday and it sold.

joegusmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 01:46 AM   #816
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
Watch your mouth, please. I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying all your watches, including your panerai.

I am not bored of any of my watches and I continue to enjoy and appreciate my collection and this hobby.

I know it is a public forum, that's why you can constantly check my thread on your own volition, voluntarily, and then chime in about how much you dislike it.

There are other theads, it's a public forum, you can easily check or not check, you can be quite selective of what you like to see it or what you like to post. No obligation either way. But it's probably best not to swear at forum members, and to obviously and sensibly stay away from threads in which you are not interested.

God bless you and take care of yourself

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Apologies if my honesty offends you.

Now, if you want to talk about why you love this watch or why you feel it’s so special then I’m all for that. Talk to the community about why it’s special, why that shade of turquoise looks so great with your dark green trousers, whatever. Can’t we just talk about the watch? Just seems like all you want to do is talk about how much it’s worth and for me that’s a real shame.

Maybe it’s me that doesn’t get it, am I doing it wrong? Should I be more focused on what watches are worth rather than talking about what I like about them or sharing my experiences of ownership?

I really should learn to smile and wave, and not engage in such discussions. But for me it’s a real shame that so many are focussed purely on the money side of this hobby.

Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 02:08 AM   #817
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
Apologies if my honesty offends you.

Now, if you want to talk about why you love this watch or why you feel it’s so special then I’m all for that. Talk to the community about why it’s special, why that shade of turquoise looks so great with your dark green trousers, whatever. Can’t we just talk about the watch? Just seems like all you want to do is talk about how much it’s worth and for me that’s a real shame.

Maybe it’s me that doesn’t get it, am I doing it wrong? Should I be more focused on what watches are worth rather than talking about what I like about them or sharing my experiences of ownership?

I really should learn to smile and wave, and not engage in such discussions. But for me it’s a real shame that so many are focussed purely on the money side of this hobby.

Look at you, so high and mighty, and superior!

Sweetheart, it is clear that you are running on the assumption that me or others are seeking your validation. That's not the case!

For that reason, I will contribute and share in the manner in which I want within the scope of the forum guidelines, and I will do it without the need or want of your approval.

Same thing goes for the way I collect -- I do not need or want your approval or validation. I will collect and enjoy these timepieces in the manner I wish and that I believe is best for me.

If I have a question, or need input, or anything else, I will ask for it WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

I'm sorry you believe that you are doing it wrong. I think your contribution to this thread is wrong, but again, it's a public forum, and you are free to do and say what you please, within the scope and guidelines of the forum rules. Have some confidence in yourself, don't worry about it.

Please enjoy the rest of your day, with your Panerai or otherwise.

Lastly, this response is not only directed at you, but for ANYONE, new members or some of the first members that have been members for close to 20 years, that sometimes come off as quite upset and disgruntled with the "new generation" of enthusiasts and collectors, and it goes to those who constantly criticize people with certain interests and concerns during their journey that do not fall in line with other members.

From peculiar, repeated, cut and paste type of approach to extremely degrading and judgmental tone, it's extremely disturbing to see, over and over again. This thread and specific response is for those members of our community as well. Please stop the bullying!

Edit: I just saw your March 5, 2022 thread wherein you disclose that you made a trade for some cash, trading your once beloved BLNR Jubilee to which you refer as batgirl, for a Panerai.

I can totally be guilty of precisely what you are accusing me, but that thread certainly SCREAMS of someone who has made a decision and is desiring input and validation -- someone who is seeking a sort of reinforcement. Clearly, you are on a journey to find happiness and content with your collection. And I'm sorry that you had to sell your favorite timepiece in order to fund your garden. Family comes first, so I totally get it. I hope you remain confident with your decision. And I'm sorry if you don't.

Take care.

JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 02:38 AM   #818
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
^^ I have to say I repeatedly see posts of your condescending attitude towards other members + their watches here. Bad form.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 02:40 AM   #819
Ollie1982
Banned

Quote:

Sweetheart, it is clear that you are running on the assumption that me or others are seeking your validation. That's not the case!

For that reason, I will contribute and share in the manner in which I want within the scope of the forum guidelines, and I will do it without the need or want of your approval.

Same thing goes for the way I collect -- I do not need or want your approval or validation. I will collect and enjoy these timepieces in the manner I wish and that I believe is best for me.

If I have a question, or need input, or anything else, I will do it WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

I'm sorry you believe that you are doing it wrong. I think your contribution to this thread is wrong, but again, it's a public forum, and you are free to do and say what you please, within the scope and guidelines of the forum rules. Have some confidence in yourself, don't worry about it.

Look, I don’t give a rats arse if you think I’m trying to be superior. I also couldn’t care less about you or your collecting habits. What I do care about is this hobby that we both share.

I firmly believe people who constantly waffle on about price and value have some deep rooted issues that we’re not going to resolve in a brief interaction on a forum. So all the best with that.

I call a spade a spade, and not only are you a boring dullard, your constant bitching about price speculation shows you to be a bit of a one trick pony.

Again, sorry if that offends you, ‘sweetheart’.

Old 5 April 2022, 02:42 AM   #820
Ollie1982
Banned

Now 35k - OP 41 Turquoise Tiffany

Quote:

If I have a question, or need input, or anything else, I will ask for it WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

Edit: I just saw your March 5 2022 thread wherein you disclose that you made a trade for some cash, trading your once beloved BLNR Jubilee to which you refer as batgirl, for a Panerai.

I can totally be guilty of precisely what you are accusing me, but that thread certainly SCREAMS of someone who has made a decision and is desiring input and validation -- someone who is seeking a sort of reinforcement. Clearly, you are on a journey to find happiness and content with your collection. And I'm sorry that you had to sell your favorite timepiece in order to fund your garden. Family comes first, so I totally get it. I hope you remain confident with your decision. And I'm sorry if you don't.

Take care.

Nice edit… I talk about watches. You talk about money. Again!

Bit of a theme emerging here, no?

Old 5 April 2022, 02:43 AM   #821
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
^^ I have to say I repeatedly see posts of your condescending attitude towards other members + their watches here. Bad form.
I have private messages from you wherein you are cursing me out with the F-word unprovoked and judging me for protective stickers. I pray for you.

Old 5 April 2022, 02:45 AM   #822
Ollie1982
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post

Got to say I think this guy is beyond reasoning. He’s all about the £££ and offers little regarding actual watch chat.

Shame, as he once showed some promise.

Old 5 April 2022, 02:50 AM   #823
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Hi, it's 2027 calling to let you know you can sell the op41 turquoise for maybe $35k to a dealer and buy a full set red 1680 or a solid gold zenith daytona for little money on top. Thank me when you get there.
Old 5 April 2022, 02:53 AM   #824
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi, it's 2027 calling to let you know you can sell the op41 turquoise for maybe $35k to a dealer and buy a full set red 1680 or a solid gold zenith daytona for little money on top. Thank me when you get there.
Hi thank you so much, can you please tell 2027 that the 1680 red was produced for many more years relative to the OP 41 Tiffany, and there are a lot of 1680 reds and non Reds out there, and that I am afraid to dabble in vintage, and I'm concerned about repainted dials, franken watches, and I don't like the jiggly tin bracelets, etc.

Please tell Zenith I said hi! Tell him I absolutely love a black dial zenith with the patina Golden chapter/chrono rings, but I know I'll never have one.

Old 5 April 2022, 04:28 AM   #825
grimps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO 2500D View Post
Not sure if this link has been posted but here is a live auction in the UK for a Tiffany blue 41

Just under 3 hours to go and currently at £28,500

https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...l-41-tiffany-3
Watch Trader Uk have a yellow one for 17k on their site , I’d rather have that and some change
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 04:43 AM   #826
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
Watch Trader Uk have a yellow one for 17k on their site , I’d rather have that and some change
They’ve since put that up to 19k
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote