The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 April 2023, 12:21 AM   #1
johnnyo63
"TRF" Member

Deville problem

I have a Omega Deville with a brown alligator strap in a Rose gold case. I was setting the watch the other day and when I pushed in the crown the second hand didn't move. I then shook it alittle and accidently dropped the watch. The back of the watch flew off and I popped it back in. So far the watch has started to work fine again. Luckily it didn't hurt or put any scratches on the watch. Has anybody else had the problem of setting their Omega and it quit working? The watch is around 4 years old and is only worn about once a week.
johnnyo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 12:52 AM   #2
Cr_Zeek
"TRF" Member

I think the crown got stuck and wasn't fully depressed. I wouldn't worry too much about it and move on with your life.
Cr_Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 08:31 AM   #3
johnnyo63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr_Zeek View Post
I think the crown got stuck and wasn't fully depressed. I wouldn't worry too much about it and move on with your life.
Thanks for your advice but the crown was all the way in-I even pulled it back out a couple of times and pushed it back in all the way. Anyways its working for now!
johnnyo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 08:47 AM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Pushing the crown back in is not an electric switch that starts everything up, all of the mechanicals still need to engage, overcome any torque-lock, and start ticking.

It is not unusual for any mechanical watch to need a slight shake or tap to get going after winding.

I would be more concerned that the back popped off and you just stuck it back on. Did you check the gasket? Do you see any uneven opening around the back circumference??
Old 4 April 2023, 09:31 AM   #5
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Let a knowledgeable expert check to see that the caseback is snapped securely into place.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote